Republic Belsavis and the Condemned

katie_fast

I did not find a discussion about this, although I don't think I'm the first one to be annoyed about this:

Arriving on Belsavis I hear about the Condemned. People who are not criminals by themselves, but descendents of criminals in the second or third generation. And they are still imprisoned. :eek:

If I would be one of them I would rebel too. :mad:

But here I am as a Jedi Knight and supposed to crush them and imprison them again. With no option to help them.

Makes me tempted to leave the republic side. At least the imps are not hypocrites. :(

I thought about that too. Even if I don't condone it, I understand the reason:

Belsavis was a secret prison. If you let the children of the prisoners leave the planet, they will tell about it.

Btw play the condemed quests until the end. You will notice that most of them are just a puppet for the Empire.

And at least the Emperor is a hypocrit too. He promises to lead the Sith to conquer the galaxy and take revenge on the republic. As a JK player you know his real plans.

Just finished the storyline and you can get the new warden to acknowledge their innocence. :)

The reason you gave seems correct, it was a secret place. But for this blatant injustice I'd surely would like to go and bash some republic official's heads for this! :mad:

I cannot even imagine for a scum government on earth to set up a prison like this, let alone a democracy like the republic wants to be. 'The republic is a beacon of hope'? Not this one.

I know about the imperial plans for Belsavis and the galaxy as a whole, so I concede, I may have a bit over exaggerated imperial truthfulness :D

Just finished the storyline and you can get the new warden to acknowledge their innocence. :)

The reason you gave seems correct, it was a secret place. But for this blatant injustice I'd surely would like to go and bash some republic official's heads for this! :mad:

I understand. And I think now the news about what happened in Belsavis will spread through the republic and cause a lot of headache for the politicians. If the republic supported secret attack on Balmorra caused protests, I don't even want to imagine the streets of Coruscant when they hear about Belsavis. I guess a lot of politician will claim they opposed Belsavis ;)

Also the new supreme chancallor will probably change some things there or maybe even close Belsavis down. Or promise to close it down in a few years.

I cannot even imagine for a scum government on earth to set up a prison like this, let alone a democracy like the republic wants to be. 'The republic is a beacon of hope'? Not this one.

Well, there are controversial prisons on earth too. Guantanamo Bay is the was installed by a democracy.

And I can imagine scum governments to do far worse things. Like secret extermination camps.

I know about the imperial plans for Belsavis and the galaxy as a whole, so I concede, I may have a bit over exaggerated imperial truthfulness :D

I see ;)

When I first ran through this with my trooper....argh. I took every single option I had to say well duh, what the eff did you expect??? If I'd been born into that situation I would have done everything in my power to take you out, allied with the Empire, whatever it took. There's no "being good" and "following rules" when you've got injustice of that level.

That said, the LS option at the end did make it *somewhat* better. But they'd better have had an option for being allowed off the damn planet :mad:

I will say that stuff like this makes it pretty clear that this is not simply good v evil. The two sides have a mix going on on either side. The main difference, as far as I can tell, is that in the Republic such things are shameful and not accepted publicly while the Empire would be more likely to acknowledge such stuff.

I will say that stuff like this makes it pretty clear that this is not simply good v evil. The two sides have a mix going on on either side. The main difference, as far as I can tell, is that in the Republic such things are shameful and not accepted publicly while the Empire would be more likely to acknowledge such stuff.

I still think it is mostly good with a little evil against mostly evil with a little good.

I personally would prefer Belsavis to an imperial prison. And even they are not as bad as the Rakata prisons. (In stasis for 30,000 years, awake.)

It doesn't end there. I just finished the next storyline with Senator Tudos, and although you have the option of putting him in, it's another crime by the reps.

It did start on Coruscant with this Senator who worked with local gangs.

Or maybe my Knight is just too idealistic and does not understand Realpolitik.

Yeah, the imps are ten times worse, even if the emperor or the Sith aren't considered.