So... who's actually happy with the game?

JidaiGeki

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what's YOUR point? YOU were the one trying to call WoW out on their sub numbers.

Just helping to put things into proper perspective is all. If that's what you were doing, too, then kudos. But you're point was already well-known and beaten to death on this forum. Not many people know, however, that there are only 4.5 million actual monthly subs in WoW.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I sincerely love this game. I bought it about two days after it was released on the market and have not regretted it. It's the most fun I've had in an MMO. I came here from WoW and have not resubbed to it since. My SWTOR sub has gone without interruption.

I agree that this game does have some issues. I also try to keep in mind that it is new. I have faith in Bioware to work through the issues and continue to add even more exciting content and fun things to the game, as well as quality-of-life improvements. Right now, I'm patiently awaiting server merges, as my guild recently abandoned ship and rerolled on The Fatman. I have chosen not to follow them, as I'm too attached to my characters, legacy, and have little affection for PvP servers. I'm sure when the servers are eventually merged, the game will be even more fun to play.

I've gone through several MMOs in the past few years. I've enjoyed them all to some extent, but as a fan and author of science fiction, I grew tired of the repetitive fantasy setting. I enjoy the change of pace here, and that the game is sci-fi, with ships and space and guns. I love being a Bounty Hunter. And I especially love the story aspect and that I can choose to be kind, malicious, or anything in between.

I'm eagerly looking forward to future content, especially new races. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for Nautolans!

Our server population has dropped in the last 60 days (link here) BUT we're the 15th biggest server in the US, and we're the 4th biggest RP-PvE server (as of 5/27/2012 phi value of 1.12 link to data here). All in all, it's troubling, but we're in a lot better shape than a lot of other poor folks.

Regardless of server population, The Thirteenth Legion is alive and vital. We have a busy calendar of RP, PvE, and PvP events (link showing our calendar here). As an estimate of the activity of our membership, I can tell you that 81 of our members have logged into our forums in the last month (as of 5/27/2012). 162 characters have been logged in and played within the last 31 days. 102 of those characters have been logged into in the last 7 days (as of 5/27/2012).

I'm happy. If happy = "involved in guild forums and actively logging in and playing the game" then I think I got 81 happy people with me.

Paige

...my server isn't even in the top 20, so what choice do I have?...I have put time into 1 30, 3 43's, a 44 and 50 and if you think I'll just reroll and it will all be better?...this is not in my hands, it's in BW's and I just don't believe they will do anything in time...

...my server isn't even in the top 20, so what choice do I have?...I have put time into 1 30, 3 43's, a 44 and 50 and if you think I'll just reroll and it will all be better?...this is not in my hands, it's in BW's and I just don't believe they will do anything in time...

You have 2 choices: play until transfers, or take a break and do something else until transfers.

...And I'm talking about Blizzard's history of making games. Starcraft was one of the most successful games of all time. It did almost nothing innovative. Same with Diablo 2. And Warcraft 3. And Starcraft 2. Somehow, WoW is just a fluke, right?

WoW's numbers dipped slightly (About 10% drop) after Cata, but reports I've seen have it holding steady. In fact, many of the players I knew who left WoW have now returned, so I don't think I'd be off in saying by MoP comes out, it'll go right back to 11-12 million. Considering you think a 10% drop after 6 years is significant but don't take into account TOR's 50% drop after 6 months (2.4 million copies sold, 1.3 mil subs though many consider this to be much lower due to free subs) shows that you refuse to look at things with reason.

...the only reason I'm not playing wow is because I have nothing to do, I have 10 85's (one of each class) and every profession maxed out...there is nothing for me to do...the game is not bad, I've just done everything...

You have 2 choices: play until transfers, or take a break and do something else until transfers.

...the only game I've left and came back to was wow and this game in not up to wow...don't get me wrong, right now this game smokes wow, and I honestly can't think of anything in it that is a deal breaker...small things here and there don't bother me...except the dwindling population...I can guarantee that BW won't waste resouces with 100 people per server (4 or 5 guilds)...the only thing is will they make the changes in time?...my account runs out any day and I'm gone, I'm tired or playing by myself, I can do that in diablow3...

...the only game I've left and came back to was wow and this game in not up to wow...don't get me wrong, right now this game smokes wow, and I honestly can't think of anything in it that is a deal breaker...small things here and there don't bother me...except the dwindling population...I can guarantee that BW won't waste resouces with 100 people per server (4 or 5 guilds)...the only thing is will they make the changes in time?...my account runs out any day and I'm gone, I'm tired or playing by myself, I can do that in diablow3...

Mega Servers are coming, did you see that? So, they are "wasting" resources on servers. Transfers coming in the next few weeks, too. Or did I misunderstand you?

Yep, and with transfers happening before 1.3, and 1.3 bring the Group Finder, it should really be a lot easier to find a group once 1.3 gets here.

Wait, where did you see this? I have not seen any info on transfers coming before 1.3 .. IMO, if they would just do this NOW, it would save a lot of other problems.. The whole CS-LFG wouldn't matter, it could be put on the back burner if everyone was on a server where they didnt have to wait for 30 minutes to an hour, or never, for a PvP pop to happen. CS-LFG wouldn't even matter if there were only a hand full of servers in each time zone.

If they would just fix the server population, or lack of population problem NOW, half the QQing players would be happy, well less QQy.

Mega Servers are coming, did you see that? So, they are "wasting" resources on servers. Transfers coming in the next few weeks, too. Or did I misunderstand you?

...in a few days?...in a few weeks?...or a few months?...will it be in time?...probably not for me...

Wait, where did you see this? I have not seen any info on transfers coming before 1.3 .. IMO, if they would just do this NOW, it would save a lot of other problems.. The whole CS-LFG wouldn't matter, it could be put on the back burner if everyone was on a server where they didnt have to wait for 30 minutes to an hour, or never, for a PvP pop to happen. CS-LFG wouldn't even matter if there were only a hand full of servers in each time zone.

If they would just fix the server population, or lack of population problem NOW, half the QQing players would be happy, well less QQy.

...I agree 110%...

Here is my take.

At first I was very pleased with the game overall.

I was impressed by the very smooth launch (probably the smoothest I have experienced of the 5 MMOs I was around for at launch)

The fully voiced questing was impressive all the way up until I realized the direction content appeared to be going with voice acting.Ilum daylies all use canned alien language or droidspeak sound bites,Same for Belsavis daylies and Blackhole quests, well we only get a text spewing terminal for those.Doesn't bode well for the future of voice acting.

At first I was impressed with the scenery and enviorments up until I realized that you as a player are just an observer in this enviorment essentially railroaded from quest to quest.The overall feeling is a detachment from the enviorment walking through but not belonging.Guess I'm not a pure themepark sort of player I like a little sandboxyness.

Space combat looks really cool,however it plays like a flashy Iphone ap.Space on rails is just not hitting the mark for me as an old school X-wing vs Tie fighter,SWG JTL PvPer and all around flyer of things that go zoom and shoot SWTOR space missions are very Meh.

Class story arcs were very cool.Each class got their own story...well sort of what we got was every class gets 3-4 exclusive class quests per planet.The rest of the questing is shared so it gets very tired very fast when leveling alts.We need more alteratives to leveling alts other than doing those same planet quests over and over.

I am a full experience MMO player.If there are raids I will raid,if there is PvP I will PvP,if there is RP I will RP,Crafting available I will craft.Now about that..

The first flashpoint we go on is Black Talon or Esseles (depending on faction) These two flashpoints are amazingly full with story,choices and consequences.I was very impressed up until I played my second flashpoint (hammer station) This second Flashpoint had next to nothing for story,conversation or social points.Overall I felt like a bait and switch was being played on me.

Now Role Playing or RP...some people seem to think this is something only socialy awkward sweaty guys who live in Mom's basement do.I am not socialy awkward (I just hate facebook that's my story and sticking to it) I am employed,I live with my wife (yes RPers can in fact have relationships with real live people).

With that all said SWTOR is aweful for RP.No chat bubbles,static envirments that remind me of grandma's house all covered in protective plastic.You can look a the furniture just don't touch it.Even on RP servers people don't seem to get how to do it and/or tease and deride RPers who RP on an RP server!

PvP was um...sily at first. With level 10 - 50 all together and 50s weilding godlike might and everyone else paying to supply 50s with content in PvP as the 50s layed all to waste.Then they seperated 50s from the little fish and it was fun.

Then comes the point where you hit level 50 and need to get out of the kiddie pool.Overall the first week or two of getting your but handed to you is not for everyone.Once you have some decent gear you can compete especially if you are one of the blessed classes (looking at you shadowtanks and Tankssassins).

Overall PvP is almost there for me almost...there are alpha classes there is Huttball.Where let's face it class composition = victory more often than not.

Personally I'm not a fan of gear oriented PvP it just seems silly to me that "special PvP pajamas" = skill?

And speaking of the outfits...I play a gunslinger as my republic main and honestly I'm not digging the "sci-fi bullfighter" look.Overall the armor sets don't really capture Star Wars.My opinion but hey maybe I have a right to it I'm old,saw A New Hope when it was released (sure I was only 4 but I was there :p )

The Crafting in SWTOR is obviously an afterthought.It lacks depth of purpose and function.The game it's self competes with crafters with the glut of vendors offering similar or superior products.Any crafting profession is as good as any other of the same profession. The only means of competition or differentialting crafters is how much you charge. An economy based almost entirely on undercutting the next guy to get sales is um...lame.

Well I've rambled on long enough.To summerize...

SWTOR is a decent game,not a great game.My honest opinion is if SWTOR took it's story,voice acting and art department and melded it with it's predicessor SWG's sandbox worlds and robust crafting it would be a great game.

I may stick around a few more months but as it stands now I will not be renewing my sub this fall.SWTOR just isn't holding my attention.

Edited by WillyWampa

Did anybody actually bother yet making an 'So, who's actually unhappy with the game' thread?

Or did I miss it in the nanosecond that it was allowed to exist for?

Well, it would make sense to make a thread like that if the forum wasn't already full of hyperbolic QQ.

i like the game just not the people in it, i fail to see how a group finder is going to help when i cant even get a reply from a 30+ populated planet for a heroic 2.

wont be resubing due to the community.

Well, it would make sense to make a thread like that if the forum wasn't already full of hyperbolic QQ.

But the problem is that because most threads with a negative slant in their title get squashed, the dissatisfied element of the player base end up trolling the threads by guys that like the game and actually want to have constructive discussions.

As we saw in the Troll successful cut and paste thread from the fansite.. A thread with a cut and pasted negative angle was started with the opposite title and it was killed within about 20 minutes

I am neither a 'fanboy' or a 'hater' just more of a cynical old git:p But stuff like that reallly pisses me off

Edited by Lurchy

But the problem is that because most threads with a negative slant in their title get squashed, the dissatisfied element of the player base end up trolling the threads by guys that like the game and actually want to have constructive discussions.

As we saw in the Troll successful cut and paste thread from the fansite.. A thread with a cut and pasted negative angle was started with the opposite title and it was killed within about 20 minutes

I am neither a 'fanboy' or a 'hater' just more of a cynical old git:p But stuff like that reallly pisses me off

The only negative slanted posts I see get "squashed" is if it's yet another repeat of another thread, or if it's just straight up non-constructive hyperbole. I've seen negative opinion posts stay open quite a bit. Hell, just look through the first page, plenty still there.

And I've seen pretty much equal handling. Even repeat positive posts get closed down and referred to a previously existing thread.

This game is awesome, I love being able to play with lightsabers, story lines are great and interesting, classes work well together and are pretty balanced, graphics and scenery are quite good for an MMO, WZ are a fun little time consumer, and FP's are immensely fun.

Oh wait I forgot that I'm a WOW noob and that I expect new games to start in with a competitive comparison amount of content and features as a game that has been out for almost a decade.