ToR is a success, dont feed no trolls.

vaknyuszi

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article reminds me of a certain company. Arrogant and in denial.

I'm sorry, but they have the Star Wars IP and millions upon millions in funding and the only thing they can brag about is a successful launch?

I read articles too:

-BioWare loses 1/3 of staff.

-EA CEO states SWTOR isn't a priority.

-SWTOR loses 25% of subs (that's after fudging the numbers).

Some of us "trolls" want the game to grow and are frustrated because it is clearly dying.

9 standard, but yeah. Once everyone gets tired of D3, though (here in about two weeks), that will go back up.

It's been like that even before D3, what miracle would all of a sudden change that?

The upcoming server consolidation.

Even Fatman is bleeding and they don't have a population problem. Things are going to get worse.

It's going to be month while they work on features WoW already has like rated, group tools, server merge. Ect. Before they can even start focusing on some new content to get excited about IMO.

This article reminds me of a certain company. Arrogant and in denial.

I'm sorry, but they have the Star Wars IP and millions upon millions in funding and the only thing they can brag about is a successful launch?

I read articles too:

-BioWare loses 1/3 of staff.

-EA CEO states SWTOR isn't a priority.

-SWTOR loses 25% of subs (that's after fudging the numbers).

Some of us "trolls" want the game to grow and are frustrated because it is clearly dying.

so true..it unbelievable that the fanboys cant see whats happenning right in front of them

too little ,too late with all the other games set to release...bioware missed thier opportunity to keep the subs. most people have already moved on and left this game for dead.

That's not going to change much. All will happen is light servers' pops will just move to few select servers. So instead of one very heavy server you'll have a few more. The light servers will just empty out.

too little ,too late with all the other games set to release...bioware missed thier opportunity to keep the subs. most people have already moved on and left this game for dead.

Well, with GW2 launch being pushed to next quarter, BioWare's window of opportunity just got a bit wider, though it's still quite narrow.

That's not going to change much. All will happen is light servers' pops will just move to few select servers. So instead of one very heavy server you'll have a few more. The light servers will just empty out.

I think that when there is no more low-pop servers, morale with rise back up, then all the issues that people are blowing out of proportion (because of the low morale caused by low-pops) will be brought back into proper perspective.

Well, with GW2 launch being pushed to next quarter, BioWare's window of opportunity just got a bit wider, though it's still quite narrow.

GW2 release date isn't out yet only thing AN has said is that it will be out in 2012. they said "As always, we have not announced a launch date to anyone. Any launch date you see that isn't directly from us is pure speculation." and that was on the 15th;http://www.gamespot.com/news/guild-wars-2-opening-june-28-report-6376809

GW2 release date isn't out yet only thing AN has said is that it will be out in 2012. they said "As always, we have not announced a launch date to anyone. Any launch date you see that isn't directly from us is pure speculation." and that was on the 15th;http://www.gamespot.com/news/guild-wars-2-opening-june-28-report-6376809

Eh, we'll see. So far, GameStop has been pretty close. They were with this game, too, even though BioWare said "Spring 2011".

So, put the words "may have" into my post, and my point should be clearer.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Eh, we'll see. So far, GameStop has been pretty close. They were with this game, too, even though BioWare said "Spring 2011".

So, put the words "may have" into my post, and my point should be clearer.

Gamestop still has 6/26/12 posted as day of release http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/guild-wars-2/75863. Also ArenaNet has said not to trust any release date unless it comes from them.

Gamestop still has 6/26/12 posted as day of release http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/guild-wars-2/75863. Also ArenaNet has said not to trust any release date unless it comes from them.

Is that what you think I'm doing? "Trusting"? I'm not...

I understand that's what GameStop still has as listed. However, GameStop's CFO Robert Lloyd mentioned at his earnings call that "the game’s ship date has fallen out of the current quarter, meaning that it won’t show up until at least after July."

And I understand that even that is nothing to "trust". In light of that, however, BioWare may have had their window of opportunity to turn things around widened.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I understand that's what GameStop still has as listed. However, GameStop's CFO Robert Lloyd mentioned at his earnings call that "the game’s ship date has fallen out of the current quarter, meaning that it won’t show up until at least after July."

And I understand that even that is nothing to "trust". In light of that, however, BioWare may have had their window of opportunity to turn things around widened.

yeah august would be my guess,seeing as they just cancelled a beta weekend due to a big problem found in the last stress test

Ah, haven't seen that article. BioWare better get working and use their time wisely if they wanna save this game then.

If people don't enjoy TOR and hate the game blah, blah, blah then why not find a game they enjoy and go post negative comments in that games forum?

I quit playing WOW because it sucks and so does the community that plays it and I haven't posted in a Blizzard forum because I could care less about it. Why can't other people show the same respect to the players of this game?

If success is Dead servers, 90's rail shooter and lack of content plus much more then care to explain, I hope Many other games coming out have Tor success.....Seriously Op get your head out of your butt, success is longevity. As of right now the servers are dead, grouping is almost impossible except select servers. if anyone is trolling its.....well... YOU!

If success is Dead servers, 90's rail shooter and lack of content plus much more then care to explain, I hope Many other games coming out have Tor success.....Seriously Op get your head out of your butt, success is longevity. As of right now the servers are dead, grouping is almost impossible except select servers. if anyone is trolling its.....well... YOU!

I am sure the OP is making a post dedicated to you.

/popcorn

Back in January my server (which you can see in my sig) was one of the most crowded in EU if not the most. It slowly decreased in population and within May, it suddenly died. No pvp, noone in guild, noone in fleet, I hear the patient ones rerolled on another server... The only thing I could do is to unsub, which I did.

Now, while I don't know what the initial number of active players in my server but lets say it was a thousand. And now it's something close to zero. And I know my server isn't the only example. How is this a success?

I am sure the OP is making a post dedicated to you.

/popcorn

I'm sure the OP is posting on a blog called "TOR WARS"...

...therefore anything coming out of his writing is bound for

unlimited bias and nonsense.

Even more obvious is the fact this thread is still open.

Calling people trolls is considered inflammatory on this forum.

And post get closed because it...yet a post from a biased SWTOR

blog stays open? With the word "troll" in the title.

It won't matter though because people can spin and turn how much

of a success this game is while Bioware fires more staff and loses

subscribers due to their terrible business practices.

And I wish people would stop hyping up Elder Scrolls...it will

probably end up just like SWTOR.

Name game.