ToR is a success, dont feed no trolls.

vaknyuszi

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah lots of them have had that and weather patterns, going back to EQ1. IIRC people said they had to be excluded due to the cinematic dialogue; i.e. it's night out but all the sudden you have a conversation in broad daylight.

LotRO does a terrific job in the day/night cycle.

Exploration is overrated and "living world" is just a buzzword, scripted events that you will get sick and tired of seeing repeating themselves after a while.

has got to be better than a snapshot frozen sky though?

If it is a success, why is my server dead?

People have been complaining about dead servers in WoW for 5 years now, I guess that means WoW is a failure too?

Overly spreading out the population doesn't make the game a failure, and they have said in recent interviews they plan to merge into super servers with much higher populations then at launch, this should help the population issues that some servers are having.

This game is such a financial success, Bioware is laying off hundreds of their employees. Logic, FTW.

Never ceases to amaze me how long and how strongy the denial will keep fanboys energized. Saw the same thing in Rift.

And yet, Rift is still going strong. Not going anywhere anytime soon.

Meaningful is a subjective term. You said that that particular site depends on this game's success as though that was the source of the author's opinion (as an indication of bias), now you're recanting that? I mean if it now doesn't matter how many people go to the site then how can they be dependent in any way on the success of the game that the site is dedicated to? I'm not trying to nit-pick a fight but you are doubling back on your previous post.

I'm fully aware of the other sites that you mentioned, have had a couple of them bookmarked since last summer.

if that's how you want to read it, then sure. i'm not going to bother trying to change your mind. if i bothered doing that, the internet would be a very frustrating place.. :p

i "recant" nothing, what i said, and what i meant, was that without ToR succeeding, the website is a failure.

if i have a website dedicated to atmospheric partical count at the altitude of 20,000 ft to 20,005 feet, it could be a fancy site, but if no one cares about it, it would be pointless.

another tidbit in the same line of "i'm not going to convince you otherwise", because you'll either believe me, or you won't, but those sites (that I mentioned) have tracked the decline in public interest in the game MONTHS (like, more than 2) ago via Quantcast.

Darthhater

Torhead

Dulfy's site, as awesome as she is, doesn't get enough traffic to register on quantcast...

Edited by oredith

Is there any mmo that has day/night cycles?

Pretty much all do. LOTRO and Rift have pretty impressive ones, as did SWG.

EQ1 back in 1999 had plain evil night orginally if you were a human, it was litterally so dark many people couldn't play at "night" without carrying a lightsource (actually you could just mess around with your gamma, but it was true horror for new players :)).

LotRO does a terrific job in the day/night cycle.

Like I said there have been several with day/night cycles, SWG is another example off the top of my head. In EQ they even had a spell that magicians could use to make it stop raining at will.

Edited by mokkh

Well done EA, getting richer with bantha podoo and even keeping it legal.

EA trolled and rickrolled us all.

Chapeu!

There's a lot of truth in this. They released an unfinished game because they knew we'd buy it. To bad they've destroyed Bioware's name in the process but it's better than losing a $200 million investment.

To say it's a complete failure in it's infancy is just as wrong as saying it's a success. Fact is it's decent beta game. Looking forward to release.

People getting fired is never a good sign of success.

I'll continue to play because I'm a glutton for punishment. At least I can be honest about that.

So, it's not necessarily OPvP you're looking for, but large-scale PvP, even if it's instanced?

I like OPvP, but really that's more the adrenaline of not knowing when/if you're going to be attacked (in SWTOR with the way zones are it's actually pretty safe).

But some larger scale PvP would be better, I certainly wouldn't say no to an AV type instance, but really I'd be looking for something like Ilum that was just better designed with a better balance system and capture/node system.

Ideally I'd rather see something like Rifts RvRvR maybe.

And yet, Rift is still going strong. Not going anywhere anytime soon.

Yet Rift is just another MMO now, which is exactly the road being travelled by TOR. TOR has not had an impact in the MMO world. It has not even scratched WoW. But by all means, aspire to be Rift with its 250K subscribers.

Rift was an MMO made by a start-up company that cost roughly a third what TOR cost to make and didn't have the advantage of the Star Wars IP or Bioware's supposedly awesome reputation. Trion had to earn every single sub. Considering where they started and the fact no one had even heard of Rift 6 months before it released, their success is remarkable.

Considering where TOR started, the fact that it was backed by one of the most respected developers on earth and had the strongest IP in the world, this game should be giving WoW a run for its money. What it should not be doing is laying off hundreds of employees 5 months after release.

People have been complaining about dead servers in WoW for 5 years now, I guess that means WoW is a failure too?

Overly spreading out the population doesn't make the game a failure, and they have said in recent interviews they plan to merge into super servers with much higher populations then at launch, this should help the population issues that some servers are having.

I'm pretty sure the dead servers in WoW do not have the same issues here. I kinda laughed at the bolded above, I mean really..."some servers"? Try over half that are sitting at no more than 15-20 people on the fleet. Lol @ some...tor-drank is guuuuud.

Like I said there have been several with day/night cycles, SWG is another example off the top of my head. In EQ they even had a spell that magicians could use to make it stop raining at will.

I think Druids could make it rain orginally too, but they had to change it due to greifing/complaints. :D