Tier set 2 & 4 piece bonus for DPS Jugg

Does anyone find these useful? I have the two-set bonus on my Rakata right now, and my other 3 pieces are custom augmented spots, you can add almost 100 strength in might augments rather than a 5 second deduction from enrage or the 10m off lightsaber throws.

So my question is, what do you think is more effective, the strength boost, or the two bonus'

Edited by jasonthelamb

The bonuses are nice, but they're not all that great. Augments are way better IMO but they're too damn expensive. I have a L50 Jugg that i haven't got augmented gear on, mostly because the BM Vindicator look is awesome looking on him, so i just stick with the set bonuses for that one. I have a female L36 Guardian as well though, and no way i'm using standard gear for her. It looks awful, so i'll take advantage of the augmented gear for that character and just hope it doesn't set me back too much cost-wise.

You could get the much better bonuses from the PvP armor, and swap out the mods if you were so inclined.

The 2-piece heals you when you use Intercede, and the 4-piece gives you a 10% damage increase after using charge.

I just use aug'd BM gear, as the extra 72 str, 48 End is more useful than either of the dps set bonus. The only time I need to enrage on CD is in V.Throw mode, which isn't enough of a part of the fight to warrant it. (I normally have an enrage stored up for this part, so it'd have to last at least 55 seconds to even matter, which it rarely does.

Saber throw from close range is okay to use in that 2 GCD gap if Ravage didn't proc, but it's not a horrible dps loss to just auto attack there. Probably less of one than the 72 str would be.

BM's bonus is better, and lets you use an Intercede+Force Charge for those 2 GCD if ravage fails to proc. 10% more damage to the following impale/scream is fairly nice, but i'm not sure if the dead gcd from intercede really outweighs an auto attack, then factor in 72 less str a hit. Plus, I have to work harder there, heh.

Yeah im not big on PvP so I never got my BM gear, I was one of the first to hit 50, like the day after bracketing came out, pretty much stopped playing from then until about three weeks ago.

Honestly I'll probably just wait until my guild gets into doing campaign gear to really care about the bonus', since the bonus' are in the actual mods and not the armor itself, and right now stick with the pure str+ end bonus from the augments.... now if only augmented arms and feet weren't rare :(