Are these the Merc changes coming in 1.3?

Yes also look at the TM cast/activation time. The damage of heatseaker/TM is now almost the same? I read that the possible changes were posted in this area, so looked and that's what I noticed.

I noticed the flame burst for Pyro? Are Mercs now getting flame burst??? Commandos noticed changes in their class trees as well.

Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

i gotta be honest, IM refreshing RS does not make me happy.

ironically, i have been really working on perfecting my rotation via training dummy, solo golds/champs...

i've been refreshing IM, trying to keep DoT's on, rapid shot to manage heat, using flamethrower/rocket punch vs. staying at range...everything...

IM being a stay part of my rotation is a disaster...i use it to open and i use it <30% (if i really need, and moreso on LARGE HP mobs).

with it's high heat cost, using it at anytime other that when your heat is 0 or casting is free (TSO), makes managing heat SIGNIFICANTLY MORE DIFFICULT...

almost to the point of you are STUCK using rapid shots (even in PvE scenario) to manage heat in order to use fight driven abilities...jet boost, rocket punch, DFA, etc...stuff that is normally not on "rotation" but are situational.

this would be a terrible change, imo. but, with the little info out there, i'm not going to go nuts...

...just yet :)

Edited by T-Assassin

i gotta be honest, IM refreshing RS does not make me happy.

ironically, i have been really working on perfecting my rotation via training dummy, solo golds/champs...

i've been refreshing IM, trying to keep DoT's on, rapid shot to manage heat, using flamethrower/rocket punch vs. staying at range...everything...

IM being a stay part of my rotation is a disaster...i use it to open and i use it <30% (if i really need, and moreso on LARGE HP mobs).

with it's high heat cost, using it at anytime other that when your heat is 0 or casting is free (TSO), makes managing heat SIGNIFICANTLY MORE DIFFICULT...

almost to the point of you are STUCK using rapid shots (even in PvE scenario) to manage heat in order to use fight driven abilities...jet boost, rocket punch, DFA, etc...stuff that is normally not on "rotation" but are situational.

this would be a terrible change, imo. but, with the little info out there, i'm not going to go nuts...

...just yet :)

Understandable. What makes me worried is that they have promised great rebalancing in the past and have always not lived up to expectations. My excitement turned to concern very fast after reading about these changes and viewing the class section on the SWTOR home page. TM getting interrupted is already a large problem. The activation time of 5 seconds would give us even less mobility in PVP. Tracer and heatseaker damage being the same is worrisome as well. It looks like the commando changes aren't mirrored for Mercs in 1.3. That is if it is a reflextion on changes going into place in 1.3. Their gravround will hit for more with a longer recast, but better activation time = less interrupts.

How would it be even possible to get 5 heat sigs up with such a long activation time? I'm hoping that the changes are very well thought out before they put something like this in place. I will be excited to see the proposed changes to the merc class. I will probably hold off on my resub and just view the forums to see what kind of feedback others are giving on the changes. My optimism turned to pesimism very fast.

Yes also look at the TM cast/activation time. The damage of heatseaker/TM is now almost the same? I read that the possible changes were posted in this area, so looked and that's what I noticed.

I noticed the flame burst for Pyro? Are Mercs now getting flame burst??? Commandos noticed changes in their class trees as well.

For the flame burst thing it's probably because of a lazy or disorganised web team as it says the exact same thing on the PT page. Either way it appears they've done the EXACT same nerf/buff/change to BOTH class iterations of the tree, when the classes have vastly different uses for it, which is maddeningly frustrating.

For pyro, a 10 second c/d on PPA triggered by IM is ridiculous, and if we're nerfed in the same way as PTs I'll lose ALL remaining faith in BW's ability to balance classes. This will be a deal breaker for me i.e. no resub.

Give us flame burst and we'll talk though haha

Edited by Diddley

For the flame burst thing it's probably because of a lazy or disorganised web team as it says the exact same thing on the PT page. Either way it appears they've done the EXACT same nerf/buff/change to BOTH class iterations of the tree, when the classes have vastly different uses for it, which is maddeningly frustrating.

For pyro, a 10 second c/d on PPA triggered by IM is ridiculous. Give us flame burst and we'll talk though haha. This will be a deal breaker for me. No resub.

I agree. Flame burst for mercs would put them in a similiar power level to PTs. All though, they still won't have the same amount of damage from railshot. This could be offset by the second weapon that mercs have? If this is the case I think Pyro merc would be better than in its current state. These changes to Arsenal though is a different story. I don't see how this will help the Arsenal build at all. Not to harp on the arsenal build, but I love the HM animation. lol

here we go again...

i swear to baby jebus, if they continue to eff with class blancing, like SWG did, instead of adding content, PvP, OP's, FP's, i'll unsub, too.

especially if those change on the site are valid...

that's just insane...5 sec cast...

the only thing that gives me hope is, have a look at barrage...it is a passive, with a 5sec activation...

BW, get your heads out of your Arses. stop hiring dimwits to code, run websites, and balance classes.

no way that can be accurate...the stupidity, lack of attention to detail, and patchwork garbage that workers contribute to this game really makes me sad.

how hard can it be to just do ***** right?

here we go again...

i swear to baby jebus, if they continue to eff with class blancing, like SWG did, instead of adding content, PvP, OP's, FP's, i'll unsub, too.

the only thing that gives me hope is, have a look at barrage...it is a passive, with a 5sec activation...

BW, get your heads out of your Arses. stop hiring dimwits to code, run websites, and balance classes.

no way that can be accurate...the stupidity, lack of attention to detail, and patchwork garbage that workers contribute to this game really makes me sad.

I think that it's probably the actual changes to the classes for 1.3. Commandos grav will have a 9 sec cooldown, but a faster cast time (than Mercs) and higher damage to balance it out. It could be an error with the website team, but with the extreme changes to the two classes there I highly doubt it. I think a communication issue there gave us a sneak peak as to what they are changing. We will probably have to wait a few weeks to know for sure though. I'm down to 2 or 3 days on my sub, so I'll just keep an eye on the forums to see if the changes are worth trying out.

If the damage changes were making a long cast TM do similiar damage to HM when it would be a good change for burst, but look at the base damage they are stating. It looks like HM will actually do less damage than TM.

TM will now only increase the damage of HM by 3% per stack? TM cast time extended as well to 5 second? This doesn't look good at all for Arsenal! Even if attack damage is increased on rapid shot like commandos are reporting by 10% these changes are gonna suck.

If the damage changes were making a long cast TM do similiar damage to HM when it would be a good change for burst, but look at the base damage they are stating. It looks like HM will actually do less damage than TM.

TM will now only increase the damage of HM by 3% per stack? TM cast time extended as well to 5 second? This doesn't look good at all for Arsenal! Even if attack damage is increased on rapid shot like commandos are reporting by 10% these changes are gonna suck.

10% nerf to heat sig, and INCREASED cast timers on arsenal...

i really hope that is true...

i don't play arsenal, but, i'd unsub in support of such a wonderful decision.

p.s. just looked at Commando...assault plastique...30 second CD. awesome...just........AWESOME.

Edited by T-Assassin

I feel like the information in that link is extremely old, like, beta-testing old or something, and just haven't been updated. If you look at Kolto Missile, it says that it only hits 3 people, when 1.2 brought it up to 4. Additionally, it says that Kolto Shell does not cost any heat, which it was pre-1.2. I can't be 100% sure, but I feel like this is just an section of the website that hasn't been updated in a damn long time.

10% nerf to heat sig, and INCREASED cast timers on arsenal...

i really hope that is true...

i don't play arsenal, but, i'd unsub in support of such a wonderful decision.

p.s. just looked at Commando...assault plastique...30 second CD. awesome...just........AWESOME.

What is Assault Plastique currently at?

I feel like the information in that link is extremely old, like, beta-testing old or something, and just haven't been updated. If you look at Kolto Missile, it says that it only hits 3 people, when 1.2 brought it up to 4. Additionally, it says that Kolto Shell does not cost any heat, which it was pre-1.2. I can't be 100% sure, but I feel like this is just an section of the website that hasn't been updated in a damn long time.

I'm hoping that you are right. We will have to wait and see, but I don't recall any of the stats being like that since launch. Possibly in Beta? In the commando forum they were mentioning that it looked like it just changed so dunno. I don't see them changing Merc AE healing so you are probably correct. Man I hope so!

The greatest thing about this thread is.....

Everyone acknowledges the fact that the Development team for SWTOR is so bad that the descriptions in the link could have been 1.3 changes.

Edited by TheNinjaboy

The greatest thing about this thread is.....

Everyone acknowledges the fact that the Development team for SWTOR is so bad that the descriptions in the link could have been 1.3 changes.

yep...that's my problem with this game!

so much potential, and it's ruined by dimwits. like i said before, every game that i have played that had failed, has spent more time "balancing" classes insteasd of giving players CONTENT.

but, i was very suspicious of the info on the site due to "Firebug". spec hasn't been called that since the last open beta phase.

personally, i like FB better than PT...powertech and pyrotech causes much confusion.

in closing, if BW continues down this "balancing act" (CU/NGE) path, we're gonna end up with another giant failure of an unlimited potentialed IP, such as Star Wars.

this "matrix" they use is schizer. 400k+ and thousands of current players would agree.

it's a great single - 4 player game, tho. (but, i thought this was an MMO)

Edited by T-Assassin

What is Assault Plastique currently at?

15 seconds.

if anybody of significance to BW reads this:

please do your job! or report this information to somebody that will do their job...

or, pm me and i'll do their job.

there is NO EXCUSE for misinformation, outdated info, and the ancient info you have regarding the BH class.

i'm sorry, but don't you find it a tad bit embarrassing that millions of people can openly view the ignorance you have towards your own game?

and better yet, are to GD lazy to fix it.

Edited by T-Assassin

yep...that's my problem with this game!

so much potential, and it's ruined by dimwits. like i said before, every game that i have played that had failed, has spent more time "balancing" classes insteasd of giving players CONTENT.

but, i was very suspicious of the info on the site due to "Firebug". spec hasn't been called that since the last open beta phase.

personally, i like FB better than PT...powertech and pyrotech causes much confusion.

in closing, if BW continues down this "balancing act" (CU/NGE) path, we're gonna end up with another giant failure of an unlimited potentialed IP, such as Star Wars.

this "matrix" they use is schizer. 400k+ and thousands of current players would agree.

it's a great single - 4 player game, tho. (but, i thought this was an MMO)

I have never seen a more well crafted bit of Chardonay (read: whining) in my time on these forums.

And I've been here since beta!

Please. This vintage is sweet on my tongue. More.

I have never seen a more well crafted bit of Chardonay (read: whining) in my time on these forums.

And I've been here since beta!

Please. This vintage is sweet on my tongue. More.

i'll have to see if i have any left in the cellar...

here we go again...

If you play any MMO, and they don't continually change class balances, then something is wrong. Class balance is always being tweaked in every MMO, in the attempt to make the game better. Expect this, even knowing your class may be nerfed from time to time. This is just the way MMO's work, and if you can't stomach continuous changes, then perhaps your playing the wrong type of game for your playstyle.