Building the Death Star

Mordegrus

PART ONE

Sidious: "When will you finish the second Death Star, Commander?"

Commander: "We will finish in about two months sir, but we have a problem..."

Sidious: "What?"

Commander: "Our budget is too small to fit the big statues you want in your throne room."

Sidious: "Well, what will you put instead of the statues of me?"

Commander: "Since our Wookie workers went on strike, we can't continue construction on your throne room, so there will be holes in the ground, but we will but up guard rails for Your Majesty."

Sidious: "Vader!"

Vader: "Yes, Master?

Sidious: "Make sure someone doesn't sneak up on me, and throw me down those bottomless pits, will you?

Vader: "Yes, my Master..."

Edited by Mordegrus

It was the budget problem...

Commander: "What? The Emperor's dead? What happened?"

Engineer: "He got tossed down a bottomless shaft. The ones with just railings for safety, sir."

Commander: "Stupid budget cuts!"

PART TWO

Vader: Where are the Death Star plans?

Antilles: I don't know!

(Vader kills him)

Vader: WHO'S NEXT?!

PART THREE

Telekinesis between Sidious and Vader on the Death Star, while Sidious is shocking Luke...

Vader: Afterwards, can we repaint the Death Star black?

Sidious: We can't use that.

Vader: Why not?

Sidious: I hate the color. It's too... boring.

Vader: What color then?

Sidious: I want rainbow!

Vader: No!

He throws Sidious down the pit.

Edited by Mordegrus

Actually, both Death Stars were made from Alderaanian (Swiss) Cheese, which is why there was a big hole for Vader to throw the Emperor down, and why their defenses were so easily overcome by snub-fighters.., twice !

Actually, both Death Stars were made from Alderaanian (Swiss) Cheese, which is why there was a big hole for Vader to throw the Emperor down, and why their defenses were so easily overcome by snub-fighters.., twice !

And it wasn't the X-wings that destroyed them both, it was the mouse droids...

Stormtrooper: Commander, I need to ask you something?

Commander: What?

Stormtrooper: Can we keep them?

Stormtrooper points to the swarm of mouse droids...

'Luke?!'

Luke: 'It was Kyle's fault!'

Alderan is made out of chocolate, by a famous rebel chocolate company. It is how they got the textures to look right, and secretly had an entire area map, that deliciously left no evidence in the main computer.

'Hows that crystal holding up Katarn? They say i do not exist now, thanks.'

Edited by Knightless

Why would they put an exhaust hole in a space station?

Couldn't they have hid it better, or protected it more?

There were turbolasers around it, the port was 2 meters wide, had ray shielding and the only way it could have been destroyed was via The Force. The exhaust port was there, because the reactor needed to disperse excess heat from the core. Otherwise it could cause systems to be damaged and injury to the crew.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

There were turbolasers around it, the port was 2 meters wide, had ray shielding and the only way it could have been destroyed was via The Force. The exhaust port was there, because the reactor needed to disperse excess heat from the core. Otherwise it could cause systems to be damaged and injury to the crew.

Soooo, Turbo-laser have exaust pipes, rather than heat-sinks??? lol...

Soooo, Turbo-laser have exaust pipes, rather than heat-sinks??? lol...

The turbolasers have nothing to do with the exhaust port, they were just put around it. Turbolasers were protected by cryosystems and cooling sleeve along the barrels to prevent overheating. Think of the Maxim machine gun, only bigger and powerful and having two types of protection to prevent overheating rather then just water.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

A two-meter hole can pump out the heat made by a large space station?

I need that cooling system for my computer...

A two-meter hole can pump out the heat made by a large space station?

I need that cooling system for my computer...

Apparently yes, depending on how much heat needs to be pumped out of it. Just because the exhaust port is small, doesn't mean it can't disperse a lot of heat.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• 2 weeks later...

Might not need much of heatsinks, because of a roughly 0°Kelvin outside temperature.

The exhaustion port might be sufficient. Or had it more than one, and the rebel alliance picked one at random?

Wolfninjajedi, I played on Bria as well. Was fun, pre CU/NGE.

Mtfbwy, Lys'

Also, why would they want to build a trench leading directly to the exhaust port, the Death Star's only known weakness?

The trench was there, to split two equal hemispheres of the death star. Which housed landing bays, drive thrusters, sensory arrays and tractor beam systems. You see the landing bays in each of the movies, when the falcon is being pulled in the first one and when Vader/Emperor arrives on the 2nd death star thats where the trench is.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Stewie?

Family Guy - Blue Harvest

General Tagge: Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they've obtained. This station is now the ultimate power in the universe.

Stewie (Darth Vader): That is fantastic. Terrific work. So no weaknesses at all?

General Tagge: N... no.

Stewie (Darth Vader): You, uh, you hesitated there. Is there something I should know?

General Tagge: No, it's virtually indestructible, like 99.99%.

Stewie (Darth Vader): Uh, okay, wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ask what's the 0.01?

General Tagge: Well, I mean, there's this little hole. It was kind of an aesthetic choice by the architect. And if you shoot a laser into this hole, the station blows up.

Stewie (Darth Vader): Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! That sounds like a pretty big design flaw, then.

General Tagge: No, no, the hole's only two meters across.

Mayor Adam West (Grand Moff Tarkin): Well, that's no bigger than a womp rat.

General Tagge: Exactly. And even to get within range of it, you have to skim along this whole trench. It's not a big deal.

Stewie (Darth Vader): Can't we board it up or, you know, put some plywood over it or something?

General Tagge: Well, that would look terrible. I mean, we gotta think about resale.

Stewie (Darth Vader): Resale? What are you talking about? This property is right above Sunset. The value is only going to go up.

General Tagge: Lord Vader, your inside references to the Los Angeles real estate market haven't given you the clairvoyance to turn a profit on that condo in Glendale. Nor has it...

Stewie (Darth Vader): [Vader begins to choke him] I find your lack of faith disturbing. That property is in a prime location! Twenty minutes to the beach, twenty minutes to downtown!

General Tagge: [choking] There's nothing to do downtown!

Family Guy - Blue Harvest

General Tagge: Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they've obtained. This station is now the ultimate power in the universe.

Stewie (Darth Vader): That is fantastic. Terrific work. So no weaknesses at all?

General Tagge: N... no.

Stewie (Darth Vader): You, uh, you hesitated there. Is there something I should know?

General Tagge: No, it's virtually indestructible, like 99.99%.

Stewie (Darth Vader): Uh, okay, wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ask what's the 0.01?

General Tagge: Well, I mean, there's this little hole. It was kind of an aesthetic choice by the architect. And if you shoot a laser into this hole, the station blows up.

Stewie (Darth Vader): Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! That sounds like a pretty big design flaw, then.

General Tagge: No, no, the hole's only two meters across.

Mayor Adam West (Grand Moff Tarkin): Well, that's no bigger than a womp rat.

General Tagge: Exactly. And even to get within range of it, you have to skim along this whole trench. It's not a big deal.

Stewie (Darth Vader): Can't we board it up or, you know, put some plywood over it or something?

General Tagge: Well, that would look terrible. I mean, we gotta think about resale.

Stewie (Darth Vader): Resale? What are you talking about? This property is right above Sunset. The value is only going to go up.

General Tagge: Lord Vader, your inside references to the Los Angeles real estate market haven't given you the clairvoyance to turn a profit on that condo in Glendale. Nor has it...

Stewie (Darth Vader): [Vader begins to choke him] I find your lack of faith disturbing. That property is in a prime location! Twenty minutes to the beach, twenty minutes to downtown!

General Tagge: [choking] There's nothing to do downtown!

Ha ha!

Laughed too hard reading this.:)