My build for gunslinger.

SgtGiggles

...*sigh* this is completely untrue. One of the best bursting tools you have is rapid fire

3 points to get to rapid fire from deadeye is not worth it. You may think it's our best bursting, but one speed shot is usually enough with all the other skills you have.

Both Holed Up (Smash, Orbital, etc. go ha ha) *and* Rapid Fire (another very nice cooldown so you never have to Charged Burst spam) are very useful in PvP.

What you don't need is that third point in Burst Volley or any points in Pandemonium. Take Percussive and Independent Anarchy (and/or Holed Up).

Edited by flem

Percussive shot gives too much resolve for what it does, and Pandemonium is a very useful burst damage skill. Incredible in both PVE and PVP. Since our offhand also can proc Burst Volley, that third point is an investment worth putting into which guarantees you will get your regen every 30 seconds just about instead of hoping.

Lay Low is so overlooked, both XS (control points) and Hunker are great (yes I know hunker is 'broke'... just use it on the right classes ..sages/inqs). Pandemonium is the only thing I might change, as CB is already given instant burst when you go in and out of cover, and casting it too often will be a energy drain. Rapid Fire is great burst, keep it. Also, I think percussive shot is a life-saver.. I use it followed by leg shot and it buys me a good 4-5 secs of getting them pesky sentinels from destroying me. Edited by DarkhawkXY

I find rapid fire useless in pvp personnally and believe me I tried to like it. The main thing i see with it is if the idiot is letting you chain 3 speedshots together with out los you, would be able to kill him anyway...

I find rapid fire useless in pvp personnally and believe me I tried to like it. The main thing i see with it is if the idiot is letting you chain 3 speedshots together with out los you, would be able to kill him anyway...

there's really no better alternative though. you can drop rapid fire, but the only replacements you get are some other minor talents.

This is what I used for the majority of my gunslinger career ( until i switched to dirty fighting) and I find it awesome.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bcrrdRoRMZrI0boR.1

It gives you a bit more tech damage so you do better vs tanks but still has amazing burst as well as faster flashbang, and thermal nade for interupting those caps. Only downside is you give up Deadeye :(

And if one of the rapid fire advocates would so enlighten me...in pvp when is that talent useful? Any competent player will either los you or stun you the second you start your second blast. I mean you're talking (with illegal mods and burst volley up) 6 seconds of channeling once every blue moon. 9 seconds every min at worst.

Edited by DrMaestro

Any full SS PvP build needs to include Lay Low (and hybrid SS builds need to at least consider it). You'll be staying in cover a lot, and that's the same as having a target on your head. You'll be CC'd all the time if not in Hunker Down...

Any full SS PvP build needs to include Lay Low (and hybrid SS builds need to at least consider it). You'll be staying in cover a lot, and that's the same as having a target on your head. You'll be CC'd all the time if not in Hunker Down...

I haven't had any trouble without law low. There are simply better skills to get.