Patch 1.3 No ranked warzones???

Vedano

Can someone confirm or deny this for me please? If it is not going to be there that's fine, I dont question bioware in how to run a business, but for me personally, I will be entirely too bored with what little they will be adding. Legacy is neat and all, but I am not an achievement grinder. Never was in any other game for that matter.

I am not too enthralled by the PVE content of this game either so group finder is not reason enough to stay for me. If the PVE content was a bit more diverse and engaging then maybe, but I find it really rather dull and uninteresting.

Like I said this isn't a hate post, just trying to figure out if this will be in the next patch so I know not to invest time and money.

Thank you in advance for any and all serious replies to this question.

My guess is never. They just won't mention it for months hoping people will just stop asking.

Thats what I'm afraid of. They won't make any mention of it until things are on the cusp of collapse just to keep the dwindling pvp population from depleting completely, but I think it might be too late at that point = /

I had thought about it, and I decided to cancel my sub. I will play the remaining 32 days I have left from payment, but I'm not going to renew. I dont pve enough for LFG to be a factor for me to stay, nor raiding. I wanted ranked warzones, a lot of people did. I'm not an achievement grinder so Legacy does nothing for me either, and I have things to spend money on other than something that doesnt enhance my characters in game abilities to help with pvp or raiding.

It was a good first 3 months, and then.....well most of you know the story. So much potential. I hate that it's come to this cause I swore off wow and said this game would do great. It could have too. Not that it's a terrible game, just pvp is a big part of a game for me, and without ranked....its just boring. Oh wells, I could be doing better things with my money anyways so BW did me a favor, I can find the silver lining that way i guess = /

I can't give any official link, but I'm sure I've read an official post saying that Rated Warzones will be released on live sever before Game Update 1.3. The announce was made when Game Update 1.2 went live.

My impression is that they would like to see how the LFG tool works before putting in Ranked Warzones.

Afterall, RWZ will be using a queue system right? Might as well see if the LFG tool works well (No major flaws etc) before implementing RWZ.

Check out darthhater.com. There is a Q&A article there were they FINALLY mention ranked warzones. The response was not encouraging. Basically, their biggest achievement in the last month was making it so you could que for a normal WZ while waiting for an RWZ to pop. Then you have to wait for everyone doing normal WZ's in your RWZ group to finish those normal warzones before the RWZ que will finally pop.

I feel as though they're keeping them out of the patch notes, but still working hard on them, so in case it turns out they still can't get it ready in time for the patch, they don't upset what remains of their PVP customers. If they get it finished in time, they can have it as a nice surprise for everyone.

I can't give any official link, but I'm sure I've read an official post saying that Rated Warzones will be released on live sever before Game Update 1.3. The announce was made when Game Update 1.2 went live.

I heard the same thing.

well if there is no ranked warzones in the next patch the game is officially dead, everything else could have waited the one thing every person playing wanted was to be able to que warzones with their friends as a team

BIOWARE just does not care about this game at all

• 2 weeks later...

I like this game but I'm constantly worried to see the low pop. on our server. 1.3 will bring new ways to customize how you gain xps during leveling.... I could not care less.

Give us a bone to gnaw on while we wait!!

• 3 weeks later...
well if there is no ranked warzones in the next patch the game is officially dead, everything else could have waited the one thing every person playing wanted was to be able to que warzones with their friends as a team

ROFL. Im sorry, but you're opinion doesnt represent me nor my guild.

i lold irl cuz bio no wantz teh cash amirite?

It could have been a myriad of issues preventing them from posting a firm date for release of the RWZ; anything from simple programming to major hardware fixes, or some combination of both could be at the heart of it. Who knows for certain? Do you really think they want to lose money considering the value of their stock recently?

Either you are being chicken-little, or you are tucked under the bridge baiting for laughs.

Good times.

-Lad

Edited by Geglad

^ Can't tell if serious..... :confused:

From the PTR patch notes.

Highlights

The Group Finder is now available! Players can use this feature to find groups for Flashpoints, Operations, and to find group members for missions on planets from anywhere in the galaxy.

New Legacy perks are now available! Perks offer bonuses for your character and can be purchased with credits after reaching specific Legacy levels.

The Alderaan Civil War Warzone can now be played by two teams of the same faction.

Players can now add augment slots to items at modification tables by using an augmentation kit and paying a credit cost.

Pre-Season One Team Ranked Warzones are now available! Teams of 8 level 50 players can now compete with other Warzone teams to earn Ranked Warzone Commendations and receive their Team Rating.

Warzones

General

Players who receive an in-combat revival no longer receive healing scoreboard credit for the revival.

An issue that could prevent a team member from properly appearing as a member of the Warzone group has been corrected.

*UPDATED 6/13*

Pre-Season One Team Ranked Warzones

Pre-Season One Team Ranked Warzones are now available! Teams of 8 level 50 players can use the "Queue Team Ranked" button in the Warzone queue window to queue for a Ranked Warzone match. .

Ranked Warzones reward Ranked Warzone Commendations.

Teams receive their Team Rating after participating in 10 Ranked Warzone matches. This rating is adjusted at the end of every Team Ranked Warzone match based on win or loss and the ratings of all other matched players.

Leaving a Ranked Warzone before it ends counts as a loss. Declining an invitation once a match is made counts as a loss.

Players in the queue for a Ranked Warzone can queue for a normal Warzone at the same time. Entering a normal Warzone does not remove players from the Ranked Warzone queue. If a Ranked Warzone match is found while a player is in a normal Warzone, the match is reserved until the player finishes the normal Warzone, and other players in the reserved match will not be asked to join normal Warzones.

Update 1- 6/14

PvP

Warzones

Players no longer receive Warzone invitations while they already have a Warzone invitation pending.

An issue that could prevent a team member from properly appearing as a member of the Warzone group has been corrected.

The tooltip on the Queue Group Ranked button now more clearly indicates that you must queue with a full 8-player group.

The column for Ranked Rating no longer appears in normal Warzones if they player is queued for a Ranked Warzone while participating in a normal Warzone.

Seems to me they're pretty much on it. If its not in the patch I'll be very surprised.

Edited by DarthWeevil