1.3, Transfers & Your Choice of Server

Cempa

I play on the Tomb of Fredon Nadd which is the EU's equivalent of The Fatman. I have one level 50 on that server. I have 2 level 50's on another dead server, I hope they will not restrict movement, I want to play on Tomb of Fredon Nadd.

If every one goes to The Fatman and Tomb of Fredon Nadd, will that even be technically possible?

Here how i suspect server transfers will go at first they will take a look at low pop server and give you the option of transfer to server they pick out consolidating server into one server. Meaning at first you will not get to transfer to the server you want to

Because if the open up transfers to what ever server you wish to it can lead to more server balance issues

Edited by Neoforcer

Well yes you will be able to. Possibly in 2 months(best case scenario) after you pay bioware 30 dollars in sub fees while you wait. Then you can pay 50 dollars to transfer both of those characters at 25 a pop.

Well yes you will be able to. Possibly in 2 months(best case scenario) after you pay bioware 30 dollars in sub fees while you wait. Then you can pay 50 dollars to transfer both of those characters at 25 a pop.

I agree with this and they need to consolidate servers first anyway... so...

Gonna be strange doing this without also removing some servers outright as well.

Lets face it there aren't enough people for them to spread everyone out evenly and have all servers with healthy pops.

Obviously most people that transfer will leave their low pop server in favor of higher pop ones. Very few will want to go to an already low pop one.

Going to end up with a fair amount of good pop servers, then a bunch that are just flat out DEAD. Like even more dead than now, not like "I can't get a WZ queue to pop" dead, but more like typing /who and finding out there's 9 people logged on total. That's bad for the game period, since a new player might accidentally roll on one of those servers.

They can probably just get rid of a good 50 servers period, consolidating the lowest several of each of the PVP-east, PVP west, PVE east, etc etc.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

I think the best thing they could do is just have 10-15 or so servers and move everyone onto those.

It doesn't even need to be that severe. They could just drop down to half of what they have and it'd likely be enough. There's a significant amount of people right now, who are still subbed, that don't play much because they can't get anything going.

Those people want to play and haven't QUITE given up yet, but probably will soon. You figure a more populated server will get those people back and playing more regularly too...thus making their server more populous since they are now online. There'll be enough to fill a good amount of servers still. Just not near what they have going right now.

In fact they'd probably get a fair amount of resubs too, which certainly would help.

As I was reading it, it's going to be a promotional free transfer to servers they want you to goto. If your waiting for the chance to move your pre existing 50's to fatman, be ready to shell out some more cash. Because that's one server I guarantee won't be on the free transfer list with the current population there..

I'm hoping Soresu gets a good bump in population, so I can consolidate my characters above 20 on the same server. And play with my friends, otherwise i'm thinking Harbinger.

Edited by Calitri