Do you support an in game version of Recount. Please give reasons for your answer.

Israel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the most "elite" players always need addons to guide them? Lets get DBM as well so we can let the addons play for us.

We dont need recount for guidance. We need it so we can identify the players that do and either help them work it out or find a replacement. Why? Because most times a noob doesnt know they are one and idiots will lie to your face about anything they do wrong.

We dont need recount for guidance. We need it so we can identify the players that do and either help them work it out or find a replacement. Why? Because most times a noob doesnt know they are one and idiots will lie to your face about anything they do wrong.

Sounds like you need guidance to show you who a noob is. And who said he was calling you "elite" , careful with your "we" reference as to being good until you get in the game without addons.

NO I DO NOT.

My Reason is World o Warcraft... Just look at it. Recount destroyed it! It's hobbling around on what little amount of fun can still be gained from it. A cure is slowly being administered. Everyday hundreds of people uninstall Recount. The World of Warcraft will someday retunr to its former glory of funness, but not until recount is completely eradicated.

Recount should not be a part of SW:TOR in my opinion for many reasons. It decodes the game play fun and makes it a "top 5 - 500" and discourages people to experiment with creative builds, due to the ease of knowing which build is the best at the current time.

The game right now discourages you from experimenting, because it does not have any reason to diversify in your build or any great synergy across the skill trees.

There's no reason to even bother.

If you want a easy game, go to one of the other games that has something, if you want to ruin a good game, allow addons and keep peoples eyes on the numbers instead of letting yourself get immersed.

So you want a blackbox game for immersion purposes? I don't think your desires are compatible with others, or the scope and nature of the current game.

Its not always about one person as well, so do you want to promote a community of "I HAD HIGHEST DPS" or do you want to take the blue pill and resist the urge to say how good you or someone you know is at racking up numbers :p.

I don't consider it even slightly important to boast. I consider the utility of a combat log tool being to improve the group's performance through individual examination.

My Reason is World o Warcraft... Just look at it. Recount destroyed it! It's hobbling around on what little amount of fun can still be gained from it. A cure is slowly being administered. Everyday hundreds of people uninstall Recount. The World of Warcraft will someday retunr to its former glory of funness, but not until recount is completely eradicated.

<Citation Needed>

Edited by Colobulous

Nope there is no need for this and the way I play my character is none of your business. I hope bioware never allows this capability.

This type of addon ruined WoW for a lot of people, because all the elitist throught they were entitled to tell you how to play the game.

Edited by Tealamek

I am not totally sure if recount is necessary, as while you can monitor performance, you do get those people that want to top meters and cause all sorts of problems for their group because of aggro and excuse it with high dps numbers.

But I do think some sort of threat gauge is necessary. Managing your own threat is a part of individual skill, but it is rather hard to do when there is no forewarning before a mob turns and shoots you.

the way I play my character is none of your business.

If you're playing solo sure... which would then make having recount a non issue. If you are playing in a group where your performance directly impacts outcome then YES IT IS MY BUSINESS.

Sounds like you need guidance to show you who a noob is. And who said he was calling you "elite" , careful with your "we" reference as to being good until you get in the game without addons.

Sounds like you are a baddie trying to defend baddies. If you like that kind of thing more power to ya. See you at the bottom of the guild progression list.

Edited by PsyloSatan

I would have to agree with what Israel is saying here as well as it is a tool I have regularly used in the past to gauge my own personal performance in different roles and settings to see how and where I could potentially improve, or where as a team we could improve.... not to pick apart my teammates performance in order to belittle or embarass them.

When properly used it is a fantastic tool imo.

If you need something like a training dummy, I didn't say anything about that. I am not againist people gauging their own dps with something similar to what most games have as training dummies where you fire off moves, etc and it lets you see how good you are or are not doing as far as dps. I just don't like this idea that its a needed tool , its like saying you need a dps meter, when you don't need anything but half a brain and some common sense. Big numbers big damage. Faster casts/moves more dps. My 10 cents lol.

Thanks in advance for everyones opinions and I'm happy to be apart of my new community.

Sounds like you are a baddie trying to defend baddies. If you like that kind of thing more power to ya. See you at the bottom of the guild progression list.

Baddie baddie talk is for wow in my opinion, but if I am defending someone then i'm pretty goodie.

If you need something like a training dummy, I didn't say anything about that. I am not againist people gauging their own dps with something similar to what most games have as training dummies where you fire off moves, etc and it lets you see how good you are or are not doing as far as dps. I just don't like this idea that its a needed tool , its like saying you need a dps meter, when you don't need anything but half a brain and some common sense. Big numbers big damage. Faster casts/moves more dps. My 10 cents lol.

Thanks in advance for everyones opinions and I'm happy to be apart of my new community.

Now Im starting to understand why you are a baddie. You think recount is only for dps. That makes you a sheep. You are forgiven...for now.

*Quoting Coloborus or whoever it was*

The game right now discourages you from experimenting, because it does not have any reason to diversify in your build or any great synergy across the skill trees.

There's no reason to even bother.

For that I have to say then why even bother playing ?

So you want a blackbox game for immersion purposes? I don't think your desires are compatible with others, or the scope and nature of the current game.

For this I have to say , no do not 'blackbox' anything for immersion unless its recount and for people to brag and bully. I don't want a wow with star wars skins.

I don't consider it even slightly important to boast. I consider the utility of a combat log tool being to improve the group's performance through individual examination.

For this I say , use training dummies.

Edited by Zantheon

If you're playing solo sure... which would then make having recount a non issue. If you are playing in a group where your performance directly impacts outcome then YES IT IS MY BUSINESS.

Nope, it is only people like you who think that if I am not doing max DPS 100% of the time there is something wrong and that is not true. Bottomline, just because you or anyone else thinks I need to be doing what YOU think is correct does not make you right, just the fact that you have an opinion and that is it.

Edited by Tealamek

It's a simple crutch. What is "So amusing" that people who claim to be "Hardcore" can live WITHOUT this device. It's like they are unable to be aware what is going on around them. It's simple you look around you and see who's standing where and casting what. If you notice one spell is doing more damage, then spam that spell.

But NO, people won't be happy untill they get their recount and threat meters. In my point of view it's what killed wow. Just because your a top DPS, doesn't make you "leet" you could be standing behind the boss and firing shot's. While the Healer dies or you take threat from the tank.

Being at the top doesn't make you good. This tool will be abused to call out people in the game. It seem's like SWTOR is working just fine without add on's right now. Yes Indeed I think it's going to be good. We don't need the "leets" from wow using recount and booting people purely based on the number's.

We did it in everquest. I'm saying if you need "numbers" then you might not be as good as you thought. And if you can't progress through a raid. Recount shouldn't be something that stops you. Player's lose sight they are in control. Why not make an add on to play game for you..oh wait they do DBM.

This game doesn't have recount and will not at launch. I think people have been able to get by without it. What do you need recount at level 1 for? they made it so you level up quickly and your stronger then people facing you. Do you really need a meter to tell you that.

It's a simple crutch. What is "So amusing" that people who claim to be "Hardcore" can live WITHOUT this device. It's like they are unable to be aware what is going on around them. It's simple you look around you and see who's standing where and casting what. If you notice one spell is doing more damage, then spam that spell.

But NO, people won't be happy untill they get their recount and threat meters. In my point of view it's what killed wow. Just because your a top DPS, doesn't make you "leet" you could be standing behind the boss and firing shot's. While the Healer dies or you take threat from the tank.

Being at the top doesn't make you good. This tool will be abused to call out people in the game. It seem's like SWTOR is working just fine without add on's right now. Yes Indeed I think it's going to be good. We don't need the "leets" from wow using recount and booting people purely based on the number's.

We did it in everquest. I'm saying if you need "numbers" then you might not be as good as you thought. And if you can't progress through a raid. Recount shouldn't be something that stops you. Player's lose sight they are in control. Why not make an add on to play game for you..oh wait they do DBM.

This game doesn't have recount and will not at launch. I think people have been able to get by without it. What do you need recount at level 1 for? they made it so you level up quickly and your stronger then people facing you. Do you really need a meter to tell you that.

Not to mention ^

It's a vital tool to determine if someone is pulling their end of the bargain for inviting them to the group. It's a good indicator if you're "on par" or above with a certain ilvl.

Not to mention it's a good competition to keep players motivated to become "the best" in a guild setting.

It's a vital tool to determine if someone is pulling their end of the bargain for inviting them to the group. It's a good indicator if you're "on par" or above with a certain ilvl.

Not to mention it's a good competition to keep players motivated to become "the best" in a guild setting.

^^ This. Most of these people couldnt be a raid leader if they could use the force irl. All I see from the naysayers in this thread so far is about dps only, the least difficult of the trinity to play. My guess is they never even know there were arrows on the recount window that took you to other numbers created in an encounter. My guess is they dont want it because they were the ones being kicked for not knowing how to play.

If you can't tell who the best is with out a tool and call that tool vital then you may need to rethink your life. Gamers usually, excuse me, always know if someone is pulling their weight, because they can tell without recount, and actually come to think of it some of the best gamers don't even use recount since its faulty and depends on shared information from everyones characters own damage and when in heavy fight can't even be considered a tool nor vital.