There is really nothing Uniqe about the classes all the same

runinmad

All stun, blind , slow, freeze ,knock back

I completely agree. The knockback/stun in this game is crazy. Resolve is a joke as well. What should be in place is diminishing returns or a short immunity after a stun or knockback of maybe 4 seconds or so.

"You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake." ~Fight Club

Agreed. This is the kind of homogenization that led to the discontent in WoW. When Cata. came out, Activision gave every class the same types of abilities. The most blatant example was giving rogues and warriors a way to heal themselves.

This type of laziness was a shortcut to balancing the classes but ultimately it backfired in a big way. The game became boring and stale.

Will the classes become unbalanced? Yes. BUT we are all afforded the same opportunities to roll any class we see as being OP, and anyone who has played mmo's for long enough knows that the OP torch changes hands from patch to patch, just wait a while and soon enough it will be your turn.

This game has come light years in terms of improving on vanilla WoW (I compare SWOR to vanilla because it's only fair) however it still has a long way to go before it reaches its full potential. This issue is one that needs to be addressed.

All stun, blind , slow, freeze ,knock back

Marauders don't have a knockback. Warriors in general don't even have stuns that last through damage (the one that does has to be channeled).

Most classes don't have a blind.

Assassins and Mercenaries don't have immobilizes.

They share a few abilities... big deal?

Who's the only class that can increase their run speed by a ridiculous amount for a short period? Consular/Inquisitor.

Who's the only class that can ignore height advantages and gain the upper ground while closing the distance instantaneously? Warrior/Knight (and Tank PTs/Vans, but those are very rare).

Who's the only class that can take cover and prevent Warriors and Knights from using their gap closing abilities? Agent/Smuggler.

Want me to get even more specific? Name anyone other than Juggernaut who can leap to allies instantly.

Mercs are heavy armor ranged DPS and healers.

Marauders can mitigate their armor deficiencies with cooldowns and can buff the entire operations group.

Assassins can be light armor tanks.

There's plenty of uniqueness in this game. If all you look at is crowd control, you're missing the big picture completely.

Edited by Vid-szhite

I completely agree. The knockback/stun in this game is crazy. Resolve is a joke as well. What should be in place is diminishing returns or a short immunity after a stun or knockback of maybe 4 seconds or so.

This is already what happens, it just takes 2 stuns or knockbacks instead of 1.

Also not the point of the thread, so way to get on your PvP soapbox, scrublet.

Edited by Vid-szhite

Agree, CC should be special. It should be used in a very strategic sense and not be used by all classes. What we have now is basically, just spam the CC without a second thought.

Every time I rez in a WZ, its almost guaranteed that I will have CC used on me before I die. My trinket can't keep up with that much spamming, nor can the quirky (almost non existent) resolve bar.

Way too much CC. Less is more sometimes!