@David Hunt: rethink 50k augment costs in 1.3

Augustine

This is much ado about nothing. Costs of legacy perks? You pulled that out of thin air. The cost of augments have absolutely NOTHING to do with legacy....

Seem to remember a 1.3 video where the guy was showing the new 1.3 perk screen, I know he had some unlocked and moused over some, but since he only moused over the worthless exp ones, I didn't pay attention to see if the cost was displayed.

But either way, character perks != regular perks. Just because the character perks may only be 50-100k doesn't mean they are changing the price of the regular legacy perks. Character perks you have to buy PER CHARACTER, so if you really wanted it for your full legacy, it'd be 400 to 800k. Pretty much in the ballpark with the "full legacy" perks.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using your viewpoint, the devs would be smart to add a 5k charge to enter a WZ. need to get a little of that cash from the pvp community.

A MMO needs some cash sinks. Everything in the game does not have to be a cash sink. and all cash sinks do not need to be 1 million+ creds. The legacy system is pretty much dead in the water because it is 1 huge cash sink. and most of it is worthless anyhow. They need to find a balance in the cash flow. Also, there are plenty of people that dont have 50's yet. give them a break till they have a chance to enter the endgame. The current system has RMT gold sellers drooling in anticipation.

A 5k tax on WZs would effect everyone including level 10 people. Most of the huge money sinks in game are for people who are 50, making the most amount of credits and having the least amount of things to buy. A ideal system has to some how, some way take almost as much money out of the system as it puts into it.

What game are you playing?

you can easily make 400k-600k PER DAY in this game at level 50.

say that as many times as you wish. the devs datamined it. Reality trump your imagined statistics. Most players do not with to do 4 hours of repeatative work per day. That is a real quick way to lose subscribers. Most of the legacy content is a write off. it isnt worth any way near what it is priced at. Why pay 1 mill for a repair bot that charges me every damn bit a vendor would charge? Why not spend that mill on actual repairs?

Seem to remember a 1.3 video where the guy was showing the new 1.3 perk screen, I know he had some unlocked and moused over some, but since he only moused over the worthless exp ones, I didn't pay attention to see if the cost was displayed.

But either way, character perks != regular perks. Just because the character perks may only be 50-100k doesn't mean they are changing the price of the regular legacy perks. Character perks you have to buy PER CHARACTER, so if you really wanted it for your full legacy, it'd be 400 to 800k. Pretty much in the ballpark with the "full legacy" perks.

But...augments and the costs thereof are part of the crafting system, not the Legacy system...:confused: