@David Hunt: rethink 50k augment costs in 1.3

Augustine

The average level 50 can pull in 200k or more by running just one day's worth of the solo, non-heroic level 50 dailies. 200k is not a lot of money at end-game.

What a level 50 player can do is not indicative of what level 50 players are doing.

As for myself, after running Belsavis and Corellia dailies, I'm ready for a break. On most days, I just do Corellia. I loathe to touch Ilum dailies - so much driving back and forth.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What game are you playing?

you can easily make 400k-600k PER DAY in this game at level 50.

you can, but why would you, you assume every1 in the game feels they need millions, this is not true, many ppl. are quite happy with gear from raids and flash points or pvp, as long as they have all the skills bought up and enough money to pay for repairs, building up millions in cash is not always some1's priority

. I loathe to touch Ilum dailies - so much driving back and forth.

LOL! you're on drugs.

it takes 30 minutes at best to finish Ilum dailies.

hardly any driving, when you take the speeder to the other outpost for 3 quests in that area..

It doesn't get any easier than Ilum daily's.

you can, but why would you, you assume every1 in the game feels they need millions, this is not true, many ppl. are quite happy with gear from raids and flash points or pvp, as long as they have all the skills bought up and enough money to pay for repairs, building up millions in cash is not always some1's priority

not saying to do it every day, but if you have 200k, run a set of daily's once a week, it's not that big of a deal to actually WORK for your money.

What game are you playing?

you can easily make 400k-600k PER DAY in this game at level 50.

Do not confuse what is possible with what actually happens. Most players are not running all the dailies on Belsavis, Corellia and Ilum every single day to make that 400-600k.

If Belsavis and Ilum's dailies were well designed like the Black Hole dailies are (hint: not trekking all over the freakin' planet), then more people would do them. They are not and Ilum is absolutely horrible in the time wasted driving from Point A to Point B. At least Belsavis dailies are clustered fairly closely together once you get there.

While we're talking about dailies, how about getting the ability to go directly to the Black Hole area on Corellia when leaving our ship?

These people indeed do not need the money. The main thing being pointed out by numerous posters is that the money is there, it just takes little bit of effort to get. This for people who claim that "casuals" can't afford few hundred k to replace mods/pay repairs. Being casual is one thing, being lazy is another :)

Do not confuse what is possible with what actually happens. Most players are not running all the dailies on Belsavis, Corellia and Ilum every single day to make that 400-600k.

If Belsavis and Ilum's dailies were well designed like the Black Hole dailies are (hint: not trekking all over the freakin' planet), then more people would do them. They are not and Ilum is absolutely horrible in the time wasted driving from Point A to Point B. At least Belsavis dailies are clustered fairly closely together once you get there.

While we're talking about dailies, how about getting the ability to go directly to the Black Hole area on Corellia when leaving our ship?

read my post above yours.

you don't have to do it every single day, but if you're low on credits, it's easy to make money.

LOL! you're on drugs.

it takes 30 minutes at best to finish Ilum dailies.

hardly any driving, when you take the speeder to the other outpost for 3 quests in that area..

It doesn't get any easier than Ilum daily's.

That is your opinion. I've done dailies for years in WoW and for months in Rift. I was there when the Sunwell era brought the first daily quest hub to the mainstream MMO genre. I did those dailies every day. I did mountainous heaps of dailies in Wrath. I did dailies in Cataclysm. I did dailies in Rift (though I didn't stay in that game for long).

I don't mind Belsavis dailies. I like Black Hole dailies.

I simply loathe Ilum's dailies. I don't like them. Simply don't like them. I'm happy for you that somehow you think they are so easy but you see, that's the thing about humans - we all have opinions.

That is your opinion. I've done dailies for years in WoW and for months in Rift. I was there when the Sunwell era brought the first daily quest hub to the mainstream MMO genre. I did those dailies every day. I did mountainous heaps of dailies in Wrath. I did dailies in Cataclysm. I did dailies in Rift (though I didn't stay in that game for long).

I don't mind Belsavis dailies. I like Black Hole dailies.

I simply loathe Ilum's dailies. I don't like them. Simply don't like them. I'm happy for you that somehow you think they are so easy but you see, that's the thing about humans - we all have opinions.

then say you don't like them, don't say that there is too much driving when that's totally not true.

besides, Ilum daily's are all soloable which is even a bigger plus since there's only 5 people on that rock.

not saying to do it every day, but if you have 200k, run a set of daily's once a week, it's not that big of a deal to actually WORK for your money.

I usually run Corellia dailies every day - it puts about 70-100k in the wallet and only takes 20 minutes (minus loading times).

I find it interesting that you label dailies as work when so many other forum posters have labeled them various other things over the years.

I usually run Corellia dailies every day - it puts about 70-100k in the wallet and only takes 20 minutes (minus loading times).

I find it interesting that you label dailies as work when so many other forum posters have labeled them various other things over the years.

when I said work, it was in the context of not getting money for nothing.

work and you will be rewarded ie: do daily's and you get credits.

then say you don't like them, don't say that there is too much driving when that's totally not true.

besides, Ilum daily's are all soloable which is even a bigger plus since there's only 5 people on that rock.

I solo all of Belsavis' dailies except the two heroics. I also only do the heroic on Corellia once a week for the BH weekly.

Are you saying that you solo Ilum's heroic daily every day?

I solo all of Belsavis' dailies except the two heroics. I also only do the heroic on Corellia once a week for the BH weekly.

Are you saying that you solo Ilum's heroic daily every day?

no, only when I do them, I do them solo on Ilum.

I'm in full Rakata, and the only reason I do daily's is to get a little more coin in my pocket when I need it, and I like to be hovering around 800k, more or less.

no, only when I do them, I do them solo on Ilum.

I'm in full Rakata, and the only reason I do daily's is to get a little more coin in my pocket when I need it, and I like to be hovering around 800k, more or less.

You do realize that both of us, wearing any Rakata at all - are in something like the top 10% of players in the game, right?

The vast majority of players are lucky to have even a few pieces of Columi.

For those without Rakata gear, some of those dailies (referring to Ilum) are not exactly so faceroll easy. I remember my Trooper getting his face stomped on Ilum a time or two before raid gear.

These people indeed do not need the money. The main thing being pointed out by numerous posters is that the money is there, it just takes little bit of effort to get. This for people who claim that "casuals" can't afford few hundred k to replace mods/pay repairs. Being casual is one thing, being lazy is another :)

of course you are right the money is there if some1 wants it, my only point was you can't use the dallies as proof that every1 has millions. having the ability to do something and actually doing it is 2 different things

You do realize that both of us, wearing any Rakata at all - are in something like the top 10% of players in the game, right?

The vast majority of players are lucky to have even a few pieces of Columi.

For those without Rakata gear, some of those dailies (referring to Ilum) are not exactly so faceroll easy. I remember my Trooper getting his face stomped on Ilum a time or two before raid gear.

When my Marauder was a fresh 50 they weren't faceroll, but they weren't far from it.

I've had my share of wipes, we all have.

And getting geared up in this game is way easier than most people realize.

the hardest part for some people is finding the group for HM FP's... after a week of those they should be geared solid enough for HM ops.

edit:

at least a normal mode ops run.. HM requires at least columi to be efficient.

Edited by Thundergulch

When my Marauder was a fresh 50 they weren't faceroll, but they weren't far from it.

I've had my share of wipes, we all have.

And getting geared up in this game is way easier than most people realize.

the hardest part for some people is finding the group for HM FP's... after a week of those they should be geared solid enough for HM ops.

edit:

at least a normal mode ops run.. HM requires at least columi to be efficient.

Now you are talking about something that is a server by server issue. I can tell you that my guild has very little interest in running flashpoints. Some do, but it's not like guild chat is constantly littered with people asking to fill spots. At this point, once you have access to raid gear, flashpoints are basically useless. Since this is the case, a lot of raiders don't bother with flashpoints like they did in WoW - which makes it more difficult for others (including alts) to get good enough gear to step into the raid scene.

This may be remedied in 1.3 with the group finder since Bioware stated BH commendations are included in the daily group finder quest.

um... dont quote me, change the quote to what you want it to say, and then infer that is what i wrote. I did not write anything close to what you quoted me as saying.

The brackets were to avoid a wall of text on a minor aside. A best effort attempt was made to preserve intended meaning. As a tangent, it has no value in discussion, but feel free to clarify if you like.

What a level 50 player can do is not indicative of what level 50 players are doing.

As for myself, after running Belsavis and Corellia dailies, I'm ready for a break. On most days, I just do Corellia. I loathe to touch Ilum dailies - so much driving back and forth.

You get compensated for your time. 60-70k depends on if chests are up in the areas for less than 20 minutes work = pretty good in my books. Skip out on the heroic if you want, it generally takes more time solo/duo than it is worth if you're just there for credits. (You could count in daily tokens as a form of cash value, at which point I believe the best would be Belsavis, specifically the northern section).

Thanks very much for the feedback.

A small confession - I started responding to the augment questions in the other thread a week before I actually finished the post. During that time, we were still discussing and testing augment costs. I can't say what they'll be when Game Update 1.3 goes live, but it will be something less than 50K.

what about the costs of legacy becaise i spent ALOT of credits so far and if the prices get lowered in the next patch for that i am not going to be a happy bunny no more because i saw on the the character perks cost between 50-100k each

now if other/species costs get lowered in 1.3 i am sure BW is going to make alot of players including my self VERY UNHAPPY players because all the spent millions of credits that we have made to spend on getting thoses perks?

am hoping you have a answer for this will we get some sort of refund or somethink?

Edited by burnsyy

I like how some people seem to think that the augment kits will be free and that it somehow will allow them to buy 1K non-augmented custom gear and then turn it into an augmented product for not more than 51K in total.

1. The kits are most likely going to be sold for a fair amount of money and not everyone has the ability to craft them.

2. Non-augmented gear will increase in price as people figure out that the augment kits cut deep into their augmented gear sales

OR

3. A lot more people will pick up the crafting skills related to augments, probably on alts since they want to stick with biochem on their mains, which in turn will keep the prices on the same level as they are now.

The last thing I expect is that player crafted products become cheaper and that's why it's important that BW isnt overcharging on its' part.

On another note, I would like to be on a server where you can get augmented pieces for 50-150K. I've paid 200-400K for the pieces I couldnt be bothered with criting myself ( I have two fully augmented sets atm).

Also, I'm one of those players who sit on millions and while making money is easy I have to agree on that it is a time sink. I spend atleast an hour every time I play gathering, that is dedicated gathering and not just gathering while doing missions. Luckely I find it quite enjoyable to gather, it allows me to see more than just the daily areas and instances. I can fully understand how someone who's foremost playing for the sake of PvP would find it to be utterly boring though, even if they could do it inbetween WZ'es.

Edited by MidichIorian

Nah, it's just that we realize that credit sinks are necessary for the game to function or inflation happens. If level 50s are crying about the game sucking all their cash then they must be doing something right. Usually people are level cap sit on stacks of cash meaning even level 10 stuff is priced the same as level 50. Which is somewhat true now, but at least it's affordable to even people with level 20 characters. If there were no money sinks in the game everything would cost crazy amounts on the GTN and anyone without characters making 7k a quest wouldn't even have a reason to bother looking.

Using your viewpoint, the devs would be smart to add a 5k charge to enter a WZ. need to get a little of that cash from the pvp community.

A MMO needs some cash sinks. Everything in the game does not have to be a cash sink. and all cash sinks do not need to be 1 million+ creds. The legacy system is pretty much dead in the water because it is 1 huge cash sink. and most of it is worthless anyhow. They need to find a balance in the cash flow. Also, there are plenty of people that dont have 50's yet. give them a break till they have a chance to enter the endgame. The current system has RMT gold sellers drooling in anticipation.

what about the costs of legacy becaise i spent ALOT of credits so far and if the prices get lowered in the next patch for that i am not going to be a happy bunny no more because i saw on the the character perks cost between 50-100k each

now if other/species costs get lowered in 1.3 i am sure BW is going to make alot of players including my self VERY UNHAPPY players because all the spent millions of credits that we have made to spend on getting thoses perks?

am hoping you have a answer for this will we get some sort of refund or somethink?

This is much ado about nothing. Costs of legacy perks? You pulled that out of thin air. The cost of augments have absolutely NOTHING to do with legacy...

I doubt legacy perk costs are going to change much, if at all. Pretty sure they hit their target window with those, and they're easy enough to pay for as it is.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread topic.

Thanks for considering my proposal David!

RE: What were you playing in 1994? (and after)

MUD's

Then

Meridian 59

UO (I was the GM of Baja Server for a bit)

Everquest

DAOC

SWG (3rd Jedi unlock on Ahazi)

WOW

WAR

RIFT

This

(I left out maple story because it makes me look weaksauce):D

I make Ville's now ;)