[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

Should I be REing purple items that didn't have a green tier?

For example, there is no [Yellow Critical Crystal] — you learn [Yellow Critical Crystal] from the crew skill trainer. REing those learns [Advanced Yellow Critical Crystal]. Should I be REing those?

Don't think it would work like that. Remember, the crystals are linear progression recipes. Not sure if they would, but the proof was for Complex Progression RE, if I didn't misread, and these two progressions are pretty different.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the best of my knowledge, any item following the linear path is done being upgraded once it becomes an Artifact, regardless of whether it started as a blue or green. I can't say I'm 100% positive on this, but, that's my understanding. I've never seen someone claim to find an improved Artifact via the linear path.

Thank you Mrflippy, do you recall if yours was off a moddable? Although I dunno if those can be moddable. . .

I'll start RE'ing my critical successes as well then.

As far as I know, all the earpieces can crit and receive an augment slot. I don't recall whether the REs that got me the patterns were or not.

So I have RE'd Overkill Relentless Battle Generator 202 times, I've gotten "you have that schematic" 6 times now.

Here is my artifice that I can make now (3 of 5)

http://i.imgur.com/7BhM6.jpg

Be ready for the long grind on this.

Can anyone explain how the pistol in the picture is level 50? I assume its gets buffed based on a critical craft due to the augment slot. The base one you receive from the trainer is only level 48 with less damage.

http://i.imgur.com/SID1x.jpg

Its like my saber which I included again in the picture above, the hilt makes the item rating and damage, and I believe crit crafting makes it 50, since the recipe starts as a 48.

Edited by Morsexy

I'm confused on the Superior explanation.

From what I understood from it is that if a item I RE has the Superior tag on it that all it means is this is a Schematic that I got from RE a tier 1 item.

If so that does not sound correct, is it? Maybe I need to pay more attention but I have plenty of purple droid parts that are from previous RE blue items...

Thanks for the help

I'm confused on the Superior explanation.

From what I understood from it is that if a item I RE has the Superior tag on it that all it means is this is a Schematic that I got from RE a tier 1 item.

If so that does not sound correct, is it? Maybe I need to pay more attention but I have plenty of purple droid parts that are from previous RE blue items...

Thanks for the help

I'm not clear on what you're saying. Have you RE'd green droid parts? All of the greens I've seen seem to be moddable and I can't RE them.

First of all GREAT INFORMATION! This is something I may print out and high light and use in the future.

In saying that, I'm not sure if this opinion was mentioned but as I was reading I couldn't help but think that I hope in the future bioware does change the layout of the crafting screen. Right now it just seems like a big cluster of the schematics. It would be nice to see a forest\tree type system to separate the Baisc, T1 and T2 Prefix items or at least a way to drill down further down the line to make it more organized.

But once again great info and I appreciate the advice

Hello i want to craft Commanders hyperaccelerated awareness chip (earpiece) Should i RE the green version or should i RE overkill or redoubt version?

Edit: nvm i think i got it now, it is overkill i should RE.

Thanks for great guide :)

Edited by BadNewzzz

I tend to agree that RE chance has nothing to do with the actual skill level (which is illogical IMO).

Yesterday it took me 34 attempts to RE Might Armoring 16 from green to blue.

Yet i got several earpieces for lvl 30-34 on the first try that same day.

I have cybertech 400.

Btw, thx for the guide, i found some pretty useful info here. :)

Critical Crafting

[FT.Crit]

Modifications apparently cannot be critically crafted, sorry Cybertechs.

Quoted is NOT TRUE. Critical crafting for modifications works the same way as for Bio-Chem critical crafts of medpacks, stims and adrenals (not the implants!) . When you get a crit while crafting modifications - you get two mods instead of one.

probably someone mentioned it before already, however I'm reposting it as the guide is obviously not fixed yet. I'm also lazy to read previous 50+ pages of this topic :D

updated: made a crit description more precise.

Edited by AntacroSS

Quoted is NOT TRUE. Critical crafting for modifications works the same way as for Bio-Chem critical crafts of medpacks, stims and adrenals (not the implants!) . When you get a crit while crafting modifications - you get two mods instead of one.

probably someone mentioned it before already, however I'm reposting it as the guide is obviously not fixed yet. I'm also lazy to read previous 50+ pages of this topic :D

i have made over 500 mods/armors with cybertech never once have i gotten a double craft. it was removed in beta during one of the last builds. The ONLY prof it still works for is something consumable like a medpack/stim.

Hello,

Im a Biochem BH PT, and im trying to get (re-engin) an specific Tank Implant.

So far i got 2 blues to get the defense prefix.

Out of the Defense one i got 3 different stats, but not the tank specific thou, is there a limit of the purple crafts you can have ? Or can i have the 15 variations ? because after the 3th one ive RE a LOT more than i had to for the first 3, or is it just bad luck ?

I'm sorry I don't have any thing helpful to add to this thread (as most everything I've learned/seen has already been stated). But I needed to reply and say THANK YOU for the information! I thought I had a grasp on the crafting in this game, but I really only understood the linear crafting haha no clue about the non-linear one O_o

Anyway thanks again for the information, I'm bookmarking this thread right now!

Hey guys i don't know if this is the right topic to ask this but can't we craft a color crystal which increases the power stat? The ones that i can craft with Artifice skill only lets me increase stats like endurance or critical rating but not power. I would be glad if someone enlighten me on this

Have you personally, in the live version of the game, gotten two mods from one craft, *ever*? I've now crafted close to 1,000 mods and have NEVER gotten more than one mod in a craft. Conversely, I've crafted about 100 earpieces and have gotten around 15 criticals with an augment slot. It is possible that I have been extremely unlucky, but to date you are the *only* person making the claim that you get two mods in a critical craft of a mod.

Hey guys i don't know if this is the right topic to ask this but can't we craft a color crystal which increases the power stat? The ones that i can craft with Artifice skill only lets me increase stats like endurance or critical rating but not power. I would be glad if someone enlighten me on this

There is a magenta +power crystal -- the schematic drops from a world boss (either in Hoth or Belsavis) and the item to craft it drops from a champion in Ilum that you need to do some exploration work to spawn -- there are a few other posts detailing how to do it. Note that it is a level 50 crystal, and it Magenta is pretty close to hot pink if that would be an issue for you.

There is a magenta +power crystal -- the schematic drops from a world boss (either in Hoth or Belsavis) and the item to craft it drops from a champion in Ilum that you need to do some exploration work to spawn -- there are a few other posts detailing how to do it. Note that it is a level 50 crystal, and it Magenta is pretty close to hot pink if that would be an issue for you.

Well but Magenta is an extremely rare crsytal, i was talking about the common ones red - yellow and orange. I can craft yellow and red crystals but the schematics that the artifice trainer sells me only include the ones which raises your endurance or critical stats. Yesterday i bought a lightsaber with a red color crsytal which increased my power stat. I was wondering how i can learn to craft a common color crsytal which increases my power stat instead of endurance or critical stats.

Hello,

Im a Biochem BH PT, and im trying to get (re-engin) an specific Tank Implant.

So far i got 2 blues to get the defense prefix.

Out of the Defense one i got 3 different stats, but not the tank specific thou, is there a limit of the purple crafts you can have ? Or can i have the 15 variations ? because after the 3th one ive RE a LOT more than i had to for the first 3, or is it just bad luck ?

If I understand you right, you've gotten 3 of the 4 Tier 2 prefixes from reverse engineering your Redoubt recipe. I presume you're looking for the fourth one, Veracity (defense/shield). There is no limit to the number of purples you can unlock on one recipe--you will eventually get the 4th one. Just keep in mind that the game may try to teach you a variation you already know, so it will be harder to unlock the 4th one, since you still have an equal chance to re-roll one of the first three (which will fail and give you nothing since you already know it).

I'm not clear on what you're saying. Have you RE'd green droid parts? All of the greens I've seen seem to be moddable and I can't RE them.

Yes I have, why? I'm not sure that has anything to do with what I'm asking?

I'm trying to understand what Superior means on a schematic that I get.

Yes I have, why? I'm not sure that has anything to do with what I'm asking?

I'm trying to understand what Superior means on a schematic that I get.

So you've RE'd from green to blue to purple and the purple doesn't have the superior tag? From my understanding it should have superior in that case. The Superior tag means that the item has a tier 2 prefix.

I don't know how helpful this kind of data is. While cleaning out my cargo hold, I found 2 stacks of Desh, and decided to craft them all into Might Armoring 2 mods and RE them to see what happened. If my calculations are correct, that ends up being something like 148 Might Armoring 2 mods. I learned the blue version after about 3 REs. I decided to do the rest just because. I learned no more schematics, received no "You already know that schematic" messages, received no messages indicating that there were no more schematics to learn from this item, and did not critically craft any mods.