G13 users: what are your keybinds?

KuroshimaiHD

Does yours stop working for no reason? I have this stupid problem with mine where (all random) it will stop working until I open the software window for the g13 and close it again, it is the weirdest thing.

Thumb stick

left : left strafe

right : right strqafe

up : forward

down : backwards

<g8> <g9> <4> <5> <6> <8>

<CTRL> <1> <2> <3> <7> <space>

<9> <0> <->

1235 being WASD position of your fingers, pinky hits control. Tab targeting on my mouse.

hope that helps...basic idea is to move with your thumb (opnce you get used to this you never go back) and to have your fingers on 1 thru 6 easily at all times, with your pinky ready to modify with CTRL

pinky finger on CRTL

Does yours stop working for no reason? I have this stupid problem with mine where (all random) it will stop working until I open the software window for the g13 and close it again, it is the weirdest thing.

Not had that problem, but I've heard of people having various problems when using the out-of-the-box drivers. Are you using the latest drivers off the logitech website?

Thumb stick

left : left strafe

right : right strqafe

up : forward

down : backwards

<g8> <g9> <4> <5> <6> <8>

<CTRL> <1> <2> <3> <7> <space>

<9> <0> <->

1235 being WASD position of your fingers, pinky hits control. Tab targeting on my mouse.

hope that helps...basic idea is to move with your thumb (opnce you get used to this you never go back) and to have your fingers on 1 thru 6 easily at all times, with your pinky ready to modify with CTRL

pinky finger on CRTL

I've tried using the thumbstick to move but it feels very awkward, especially moving it down. I'll see if I can get more used to it tomorrow.

Edited by KuroshimaiHD

I've tried using the thumbstick to move but it feels very awkward, especially moving it down. I'll see if I can get more used to it tomorrow.

Definitely give it a few sessions before going back. It felt weird to me at first as well, but after getting used to it you'll really appreciate having all the keys bound to abilities/macros/etc.

Other than putting movement on the thumbstick, I don't have any strong recommendations for you because you really can bind the keys in whatever way you feel comfortable. I personally have have enough key bindings to cover my map, inventory, character sheet, vent PTT, and 20 abilities (using 'shift' as a modifier key). The ability count is probably overkill, but it's what I'm used to. My targeting is bound to my mouse.

Key to thumbstick movement is to remap left turn and right turn to strafe left and right, otherwise it's is terribly difficult to control. Then use mouse look exclusively for turning. Also I unmapped any functions keys that come from pressing in the tumb stick (i tried jump for awhile, but if i get excited I end up jumping lol)

Oh and when i 1st switched from a Nostromo n52 to the G13 is when i made the move to using the thumb for movement, and it was incredibly frustrating at 1st because I would be playing Warhammer online and knowing I was dying a lot because of fumbling my controls...took about 2-3 days to become second nature, now I'd never go back to WASD movement.

once in a blue moon i need to reactivate the SWTOR G13 profile right on the device itself because it loads up the default settings instead of my SWTOR settings...like maybe 1x per 60 days type thing, otherwise i have never had a problem with it.