New Faction - Hutt Cartel

AhsokaTanorules

Basically this faction represents the various outlaws taking advantage of the chaos burgeoning in the galaxy. The story would mostly start out where you are working small time for the Hutts or other powerful crime syndicate. Eventually you start making a name for yourself and become a prominent underworld figure.

Possible examples of new human-like playable species: Ganathans/Jilruans

Class set up:

Melee/Tank (similar to Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior) - Gladiator/Bruiser - You start out as a pit fighter fighting for your life in some fighting pit. Eventually you gain your freedom becoming an enforcer or bodyguard. Perhaps later you become a warlord, pirate captain or gang leader. Instead of light sabers you use tech and electro staves and instead of the force you throw your weight around like kinetics ((force sweep = ground pound, force choke = choke hold, force push = haymaker, when blowing up barrels an animation shows you throwing it!...basically almost Skadge-like))

Ranged/Tank (similar to Bounty Hunter or Trooper)- Crime Lord/Boss - You start out in a position as grunt or enforcer to a crimelord but due to accident or design eventually start to forge your own criminal empire and eventually become a major player of the cartel itself.

Ninja/Mage (similar to Inquisitor/Consular) - Dancer/Entertainer - Kind of a nod to the dancer class from SWG. You start out as a small tiem entertainer in the Hutt Cartel but eventually launch your career becoming a galaxy-wide entertainer who even the Empire and Republic adore and start to tie key figures around your little finger. The Dancer would be more stealth spec and the Entertainer would use their chords and flash to emulate force-like powers.

Ranged/Stealth (similar to Smuggler and Agent) - Hitman/Assassin - You are a member of a powerful, secret assassin guild (possibly Rist or some Underworld group). You start out as an initiate and eventually work your way up to one of the most fearsome personages in the galaxy. Perhaps your actions firther exacerbate the conflict between Empire and Republic.

Had this thought myself, although didn't take it as far as you have in thinking it out. I doubt it'll ever happen as the game seems very much based around two factions, but I would love an expansion that introduced a third. The Hutt Cartel would be my first thought too. I quite like the ideas for classes that you've come up with. Not sure it would work because of the need to have people roll and level up chars on a third side before they could be used against the other two, but I suppose the addition of a new faction would have both empire and republics both re-rolling at once to it to see.

TL;DR

Love the idea, never going to happen.

• 1 month later...

Hutt Cartel and really the whole Underworld plays a huge role in galactic schemes. It would really be interesting to have this added, and now since the new planet is being released and the Hutts are trying to become the new power army, it could really work.

The class suggestions you gave are iffy. I wouldn't stick with them but the concept of a third faction is not impossible.

But making classes for them competitive with jedi and sith would be very, very hard.

Edited by Ascertes

• 9 months later...
I was thinking RotHC presents a perfect opportunity to introduce a new playable faction, one at war with the other two. Perhaps a class based around the regulators or Hutt lieutenants or whatnot? Anyway, probably won't ever see it happen but it'd be pretty cool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.