>> How To Nerf Marauders Without Losing Subscriber Base

DkSharktooth

1. Redesign Undeying Rage / Guarded By The Force:

• Deflect Either White -OR- Yellow damage abilities for the duration, Not Both[/u].
    or
  • Reduce Damage Done by 50% for it's duration

2. Redesign rage cost of interrupt and duration of 20% healing debuff

• Make Marauders interrupt ability cost 2 rage & decrease the duration of the 20% heal debuff. As it stands now, these 2 abilities are far to easy to use and don't require any skill to coordinate. You can keep the 20% heal debuff on a player indefinitely, instead of timing it precisely when you need to burn your target down. The interrupt feels like a free lol @ casters ability and costs no talent points or rage to use, which means a Mara can just hit any buttons they want and not have to worry about having enough resources to be able to lockout another class.

----------

A marauder at say 2k health that uses this cooldown feels like there is no risk involved in the 50% health sacrifice (ok I am at 2k, so I am going to die anyway, lets sacrifice 1k health which is irrelevant at this point) and then is healed to or above 50% or has about 3 extra globals to finish off their target whom cannot do damage to them and has to sit through it. There is no other class in this game that has an almost 99% immunity cooldown to both White & Yellow Damage attacks.

Examples:

Assassin Defensive Cooldown Force Shroud - Only stops Yellow Damage (Tech) for a few seconds

Imperial Agent Defensive Cooldown Evasion - Dodges all White Damage (Melee/Ranged) for a few seconds

The Marauder cooldown should mimic one of the above so that they are still killable just like everyonebody else. As it stands now, you can beat a marauder 1v1 by LOSing during their defensive cooldowns and or CCing them during it. However, a team of say 6marauders and 2healers vs 6ranged and 2healers will present a significant problem due to the 20% healing reduction, multiple defensive cooldowns, and everytime they vanish, your target becomes another marauder with the same defensive cooldowns up, and they can interrupt and lockout ranged classes from doing their damage. Obviously, 6 of any class will be hard to go against, but especially classes with multiple defensive cooldowns to delay death. 6marauders on a team might be an extreme case, but I imagine seeing 3-4 on many teams.

I do believe that making some of these changes will not drop your marauder subscription numbers and should prevent a larger group of subscribers from canceling their subscriptions from Marauder QQ.

----------

Edited by DkSharktooth

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of those classes are stealth classes and have a vanish that allows them to stay in stealth. So you're saying that Marauders should get a nerf to their biggest defensive utility, but get stealth? I disagree.

Both of those classes are stealth classes and have a vanish that allows them to stay in stealth. So you're saying that Marauders should get a nerf to their biggest defensive utility, but get stealth? I disagree.

No, I am not suggesting that Marauders get stealth.

I am suggesting that their 99% damage reduction should only affect either white OR yellow damage, NOT both.

Edited by DkSharktooth

I was just being cynical. Honestly, try playing a Marauder. They definitely have good tools, but their defensive tools are actually balanced to other classes if you really want to compare apples to oranges. I would probably take a hard stun over one that does decent damage and is channeled.

I was just being cynical. Honestly, try playing a Marauder. They definitely have good tools, but their defensive tools are actually balanced to other classes if you really want to compare apples to oranges. I would probably take a hard stun over one that does decent damage and is channeled.

I do have a marauder.

Guardians

21k hp on a tank, down to 2 k hitpoints left, like your hypothetical marauder. Pops Enure, Hp goes to 9k out of a possible 28k. Pops WZ medpack, heals to 18800 hitpoints. Used focused defense assuming he gets max benfit 10 seconds, 3% hp per second.

During those ten seconds the Jugg has healed from 2k hp to 27200hp.

just saying.

I don't find Marauders to be nearly as bad as people make them out to be. I like the game a lot more when are dangerous MDPS to control. It gives tanky tanks something to do as well.

As for the Guardian comment, my first love was a Jugg and that's exactly what I did lol.

You play a pyro powertech. Marauders are like the only class that can kill you. you counter every class that gives us problems.

Marauders will not win against me. I have a 50 Sorc and a Marauder, so I do know the class well enough. Also, I play all 3 Mercenary Specs, not only Pyro.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Guardians

21k hp on a tank, down to 2 k hitpoints left, like your hypothetical marauder. Pops Enure, Hp goes to 9k out of a possible 28k. Pops WZ medpack, heals to 18800 hitpoints. Used focused defense assuming he gets max benfit 10 seconds, 3% hp per second.

During those ten seconds the Jugg has healed from 2k hp to 27200hp.

just saying.

21k hp on a tank, down to 2k hitpoints left, like your hypotetical marauder. Pops Endure, hp goes to 8300 (increased by 30% by endure pain) out of a possible 27300. Pops a WZ medpac heals to 17855 (healed 9555 by WZ medpac) . Used focused defense assuming he gets max benefit (has enough rage/focus for ticks throughout its 10 sec duration-1 gcd) gets healed for 7371 to 25226 / 27300. Endure pain duration ends and loses 8190 hp (30% out of max) to 17036 / 21000.

Assuming he did no damage, since he neded the rage/focus for self heal, he heals 15036 hp over 10 seconds while getting focus fired by ppl for full dmg and likely to die before those 10 sec are even up.

VS

Marauder having 99% dmg immunity for 5 seconds and healing 5700 from WZ medpac out of 19k hp pool..

Which is more valuable 99% dmg immunity for 5 seconds where you do full dmg OR a 9336 heal (the difference) over 10 seconds? where you have to sacrifice health gained if you want to do any dmg due to rage/focus constraints

FIXED

*add to that, force camo on 45 seconds as both a defensive and offensive cooldown*

Just saying

Edited by Dmasterr

The irony in this post is the 2 classes mentioned for example powers...Assassin and IA.

If youve ever faced a team of 5-6 good assassins and 2-3 good healer operatives all queing for pvp on a faction that only has 8 players queing, youll understand why nothing else matters right now.

The irony in this post is the 2 classes mentioned for example powers...Assassin and IA.

If youve ever faced a team of 5-6 good assassins and 2-3 good healer operatives all queing for pvp on a faction that only has 8 players queing, youll understand why nothing else matters right now.

You are right, entire teams of operatives are grouping up to kill individuals in stunlocks causing ppl to unsub.

Only logical answer is to nerf operatives some more, cuz as long as they work in groups they can still kill ppl, causing them to unsub.

Marauders will not win against me. I have a 50 Sorc and a Marauder, so I do know the class well enough. Also, I play all 3 Mercenary Specs, not only Pyro.

So a marauder cannot ever beat you, but they are OP? LOLOL

You are right, entire teams of operatives are grouping up to kill individuals in stunlocks causing ppl to unsub.

Only logical answer is to nerf operatives some more, cuz as long as they work in groups they can still kill ppl, causing them to unsub.

Stealth in an objective based (capture/hold) game with no *effective* anti-stealth powers.... Right now you have a ~ 8m radius destealth in an approx 30x30 area of control..the chances of revealing a defender are almost zero.

The tactical advantage stealth gives is HUGE, especially in maps like Novare, Voidstar and Alderaan, but fact is Op healers and Tank assassins are also great at huttball.. OP DPS isnt a factor because your better off with that OP specced healer.

HEALER Operative in todays TTK environment are simply superior because of their kiting and ability to heal while being evasive...the FREE heal on targets below 30% doesnt hurt either.

Tankasins... the more you add, the better they get because of taunts and guard being multiplactive, especially when the TANK deals so much damage.. Stealth just lets you stack a numerical advantage on top of the rest.

CC on both classes is great for stalling cappers, effectivly meaning you deny the enemy the ability to defend a turret with 2 people, while easily being able to do so yourself and disguise the fact you have 2 people on a turret while doing so.

Honestly the main change needed initially is a big fat buff to anti-stealth powers ability to destealth, stealth probe would be far better on a 45 second cooldown with *triple* the radius than the current 15 second cooldown

Edited by blackadda

Which is more valuable 99% dmg immunity for 5 seconds where you do full dmg OR a 9336 heal (the difference) over 10 seconds? where you have to sacrifice health gained if you want to do any dmg due to rage/focus constraints

The second one. Do I get a cookie?

BTW, you forgot the -50% HP.

Edited by Veniras

So a marauder cannot ever beat you, but they are OP? LOLOL

I am now convinced Marauders are in desperate need of a buff, and Sage/Sorc need to be nerfed severely. All I ever see on these forums is how Marauders always die and Sorc/Sage win all the time. I also see that allegedly Powertech is OPed, so just nerf their asses too.

Edited by V-Serp

I am now convinced Marauders are in desperate need of a buff, and Sage/Sorc need to be nerfed severely. All I ever see on these forums is how Marauders always die and Sorc/Sage win all the time. I also see that allegedly Powertech is OPed, so just nerf their asses too.

I know right! I love this "marauders are OP'ed!!! NERF THEM! Even though i never lose to a marauder" argument that goes around a lot on these forums.

I know right! I love this "marauders are OP'ed!!! NERF THEM! Even though i never lose to a marauder" argument that goes around a lot on these forums.

Look, everyone knows that the bad players pick the OP classes. It's just that this one time, one of them nearly killed me, so clearly the class needs to be nerfed.

Seriously though, I completely disregard every single, "I never lose/always top every WZ" comment made on forums, we're all 6'7", 140kg cage fighters in real life anyway so what does it matter?

Just last week me and Brock Lesnar were laughing about that time in PVP...

Still, that doesn't mean everything else this guy has to say is meaningless, though it does seriously undermines his credibility.

It's always funny when pride screws up a good ol' "Nerf this" argument.

well mara's have a couple second stealth button anyway so wots ur proplem??