The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best Shadow PVP build?

reggieee

Best shadow build for PvP... go with 31 kinetic and 10 Balance... sure that's a tank and not a DPS, but that'S the best PvP build you can have with a shadow (it's not bad with damage, but other specs might be able to do more damage).

Ok, thanks for your help people, I went with the tank build in the end cos I'm used to it and because it has that "get over here" spell which is cool in pvp. I'm not really into stealthing that much so didn't do infiltration and I don't get balance. Mind crush never seems to get the no activation time thing that it say in the tree and I hate that spell, takes too long to activate and doesn't last very long.

But should I go for the dps gear or tank gear do you think?

Thanks.

Edited by reggieee

Tank (Shadow) speced along with mix of "mostly" Stalker gear (7/5 mix) has worked out great for me, a lot of your damage will come from area attacks such as Whither and Discharge in that tree, you will easily get your 2.5k crits with Maul, I generally do 200k dmg in most rounds yet I still have 20k health and handle a ton of protection.

None of them, Shadow isn't class all that great at "dps" due to resource management. For spike damage Infiltration is a beast.

What? You're doing something very wrong if you're talking about resource management, especially if you're an infil, unless you skipped shadow's respite. As madness assassin, I rarely run out of force unless I'm trying to down a healer, with a fixed 8% force regen per second, it's never an issue- with my merc and operative, the regen diminishes as it climbs so my 5% energy regen turns into 2.5% below 60% and so forth, force regen is faaaaaaaar better.

Best shadow build for PvP... go with 31 kinetic and 10 Balance... sure that's a tank and not a DPS, but that'S the best PvP build you can have with a shadow (it's not bad with damage, but other specs might be able to do more damage).

^ This. I went 4 set bonus and ripped the mods out and put all DPS gear on with dps mods. Your best bet is to go to the Con/shadow part of these forums and read the post from "The Watchmen" (Her guild) girl. Women has done everything for you from best spec to rotaion to gear. Plus her videos are well made.

Kinetic and Infiltration are both great specs and when used correctly with their advantages are a deadly force to have in PvP.

Infil is certainly weaker in the survival department when getting beat on but trust me, there are some classes that WILL kill a Kinetic Shadow and yet struggle with an Infil due to the high burst damage. It comes down to playstyle and what your group is missing.

After getting a shadow and assassin to valor 60 in pre 1.1 I have come to this conclusion: The best build for my shadow is assault vanguard. This is obviously a joke, but it has truth to it. I like playing the vanguard better; and the classes share a number of dynamics. Specifically their ability to shut down ranged classes, pull, and a softer melee range requirement than other glow stick users.

I use a 24.0.17 hybrid spec on my Assassin/Shadow (I have both). You could also drop the shield, pick up a force generator, and move a point from darkness/KC to the shadow strike talent in infiltration.