Wts real snare!!!

Xerain

Seriously 100m credits and you can have crippling slash!!!

But on a real note... Give Mercs a 30m snare? 30% for 4 seconds with a 16 second cd? That seems good.

For Mercs to be viable - they will need some of the CC's available to GS and Snipers - basically add a root/stun to rocket punch/jetboost - so that they can at least try to get some casts off.

Snipers have roots as well as snares that are ranged,which is a big difference, and are immune to leaps/pulls.

Mercs have 1 snare, and can spec for 2. Both are melee and largely ineffective.

I wouldn't call Jet Boost 'largely ineffective', but it could do with a better cooldown, damage, or a movement/defensive buff. The tier 2 PT talent spec for a snare on CBC is actually not bad at all, it's just that our chance to proc it needs to be higher than +6%.

Come to think of it , related question for those experienced/knowledgeable Pyrotech mercs out there: is the chance to proc Combustible Gas Cylinder higher with 2 blasters, since there's more shots, or is it just the three procs like you see when healing with Combat Support Cylinder? Because if it's the former, the current +6% chance to proc CGC talent might not actually need tweaking.

I wouldn't call Jet Boost 'largely ineffective', but it could do with a better cooldown, damage, or a movement/defensive buff. The tier 2 PT talent spec for a snare on CBC is actually not bad at all, it's just that our chance to proc it needs to be higher than +6%.

Come to think of it , related question for those experienced/knowledgeable Pyrotech mercs out there: is the chance to proc Combustible Gas Cylinder higher with 2 blasters, since there's more shots, or is it just the three procs like you see when healing with Combat Support Cylinder? Because if it's the former, the current +6% chance to proc CGC talent might not actually need tweaking.

Heh.

I feel bad telling you this, but Powertech's CGC is essentially a 100% proc chance compared to our 16%.

Heh.

I feel bad telling you this, but Powertech's CGC is essentially a 100% proc chance compared to our 16%.

Hence my question if anyone knew whether the extra attacks/dmg from an offhand blaster resulted in extra chances to proc CGC. If so, our proc rate is something like 65% on Rapid Shots, I believe.

I am pretty sure CGC procs more than at a 16% rate. 65% sounds about right. I can effectively kite some people, which would be near impossible at a 16% proc rate.

It's 16% with each tick so it's still quite a high fail rate, especially if a merc doesn't have 100% ranged accuracy, which would be not perfect even if higher because of defense and shield rating as a white damage attack.

Here's my take on the issue...

The fact our proc has such a high fail rate means those of us who play it safe will always use IM as an opener for a dot to get our rotation going which doesn't add a snare but means we can start dpsing (also heat inefficient at 25). By this point, or even if you're spamming failed rapid shots (which is poor dps) to get a proc the gap is always being closed until it's too late and you're being snared or rooted yourself.

The fact we have to split our decision between adding a 100% chance dot with IM to get our rotation going at 25 heat, or run the risk of a failed cgc proc over and over again means we are at a time disadvantage also. Most of us will always get our rotation going first. The obvious trade off is rapid shots is free and ranged at 30m, but as some of you will testify, this means nothing during the pressure of pvp. For the above mentioned reasons, PTs are unbelievably time/heat efficient by comparison.

PTs have a 10 metre 100% cgc proc chance from an elemental damage ability (itself a 100% chance to hit with 100% damage). 10 metres is also plenty of room to successfully kite most melee classes and costs16 heat. Flame burst is not only instant and part of the main damage rotation, but also procs PPA, while we have to use power shot (again, a different ability meaning use economy of time is worse still as a merc). I don't care what anyone say about merc being simple to play, PT pyro is faceroll easy mode.

Edited by Diddley

For Mercs to be viable - they will need some of the CC's available to GS and Snipers - basically add a root/stun to rocket punch/jetboost - so that they can at least try to get some casts off.

It really does NOT need to be a stun adding to resolve. Root or a decently long snare I completely agree with as being a must have.

It's 16% with each tick so it's still quite a high fail rate, especially if a merc doesn't have 100% ranged accuracy, which would be not perfect even if higher because of defense and shield rating as a white damage attack.

Here's my take on the issue...

The fact our proc has such a high fail rate means those of us who play it safe will always use IM as an opener for a dot to get our rotation going which doesn't add a snare but means we can start dpsing (also heat inefficient at 25). By this point, or even if you're spamming failed rapid shots (which is poor dps) to get a proc the gap is always being closed until it's too late and you're being snared or rooted yourself.

The fact we have to split our decision between adding a 100% chance dot with IM to get our rotation going at 25 heat, or run the risk of a failed cgc proc over and over again means we are at a time disadvantage also. Most of us will always get our rotation going first. The obvious trade off is rapid shots is free and ranged at 30m, but as some of you will testify, this means nothing during the pressure of pvp. For the above mentioned reasons, PTs are unbelievably time/heat efficient by comparison.

PTs have a 10 metre 100% cgc proc chance from an elemental damage ability (itself a 100% chance to hit with 100% damage). 10 metres is also plenty of room to successfully kite most melee classes and costs16 heat. Flame burst is not only instant and part of the main damage rotation, but also procs PPA, while we have to use power shot (again, a different ability meaning use economy of time is worse still as a merc). I don't care what anyone say about merc being simple to play, PT pyro is faceroll easy mode.

^^ This exactly. I think instant cast powershot and upping the proc chance on CGC to like 25% for Merc Pyro somehow would go a long way. Also need an interrupt but I'm sure that's all asking too much.

^^ This exactly. I think instant cast powershot and upping the proc chance on CGC to like 25% for Merc Pyro somehow would go a long way. Also need an interrupt but I'm sure that's all asking too much.

Power shot instant cast would save merc pyro. In my humble opinion it should have a cgc proc rate more like 50%+ to bring us more in line PTs.

I don't think an interrupt is asking too much either. Every other class has it, why shouldn't we? Looking at the lack of combat res up until 1.2 I think the merc was just underdeveloped. If you want additional evidence: we were the ONLY healing class without a combat res, and the ONLY class without an interrupt at launch. Also, pyro was clearly a bolt-on from PTs, and arsenal was always a sloppy, boring, underdeveloped 1-button tree.

Edited by Diddley

Damage fix for HSM/Demo round.

A real snare. 50% movement for 6 seconds on a 18 second cool down.

Instant Cast power shot with reduced damage and a 4.5 second cool down ( cdquestionable).

Maybe a grenade that works like a hunters frost trap, hits the area and applies a 30% snare to everyone that crosses it on a 30 second cool down.

^that crap needs to happen.