What is the gear req for denova?

Update on my previous post: Took an 'A' grade DPS to replace our previous sub-par DPS member that we had used for the first three bosses and which we had trouble getting down the third bomber, and promptly one-shot Kephess. The mechanics are not too bad once you know them.

My original 'TL;DR' stands -- if you have the gear/skill to do the first three EC story mode bosses, you may still not have what is needed for Kephess, so beware of that.

Also, a more accurate minimum requirement of gear+skill would be that if you can easily clear hard mode EV/KP, then you can do story mode EC.

Edited by Thoffs

Jason: We expect a fresh level 50 character to start with a mixture of high level Premium and Prototype gear from missions, crafting and planetary commendations. For players interested in Group PvE end-game content the first step would be to use Group Finder to go through the Normal Mode Flashpoints until you acquire a full set of Prototype gear, probably mixed with several Artifact/Tionese items or mods. Next up would be hard mode Flashpoints (starting with tier 1 then moving on to the harder tier 2 Rakghoul Flashpoints) and story-mode Operations (starting with Eternity Vault then moving on to Karraga’s Palace) where you pick up your Columi/Energized gear. Finally you’d get into story mode Explosive Conflict to pick up your Rakata gear, and use the Black Hole commendations to start picking up Black Hole gear. To progress past this point you’ll need a guild at your back capable of doing Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Operations. Starting into hard modes immediately after story mode Eternity Vault will let your dramatically accelerate your Columi and Rakata gearing, and Hard Mode Explosive Conflict lets you rapidly pick up Black Hole gear and is the only way to pick up the top-of-the-line Campaign gear set.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-may-25th-2012-%E2%80%93-special-edition-game-update-1.3

There dev said so. Rakata gear is not needed for story, no all who say it is, go learn to play. I am not normally on a high horse, but you just didn't listen.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-may-25th-2012-%E2%80%93-special-edition-game-update-1.3

There dev said so. Rakata gear is not needed for story, no all who say it is, go learn to play. I am not normally on a high horse, but you just didn't listen.

I think we're all aware of what the developers believe to be necessary gear requirements for EC. I think we're all aware of their intentions. They intended for a full set of Tionese to be easier to get than Columi. They intended for PVP rank and gear to not benefit PVE. They intend Rakata sets to be superior to their columi counterparts without having to swap out mods. They intend Lost Island hard mode to be easier than Eternity Vault normal mode.

The OP didn't ask what the developers intended for the progression to be. He asked what is really required to beat Denova. It's assumed that he's not asking what he needs if other members of his guild are better geared and can carry him. The bombers alone I don't anticipate going down if your DPSers are all in columi. Most especially, the 3rd one while your healers are too busy healing to help out with DPS and one of your tanks is too busy tanking Kephess to help out with DPS.

If there is any guild that can beat Kephess without any Rakata pieces or mods, hats off to them. What you have done is literally unbelievable and incredible. However, until such time as you can post a video of you doing it followed by inspecting your raid members to show their gear, it has not happened.

While full Rakata is not needed for EC story I would say for the final boss you should have your DPS that use weapon damage with Rakata hilts/barrells to max DPS. It may be possible with one sub par DPSer. Unfortunatly the one time in an undergeared group we ran out of raid time after the second boss and was not able to go again till after reset. It is definatly possible to do the first four bosses in columni though.

My advice if you have sub gered raiders who want to do this raid is do the first three bosses then those who have had new parts drop for them exit area get their new gear then come back in. Provided it is only one or two that need to do so this should push you over the top so that your DPS will be good enough for the third bomber.

That dev quote ALSO indicated that you need a solid guild behind you starting at HM EV/KP, indicating that they honestly believe EC is relatively doable in a true pickup, and I think we all know how likely that is (in case you're wondering here's a hint. Not at all, not in columi and not in rakata.)

I think we're all aware of what the developers believe to be necessary gear requirements for EC. I think we're all aware of their intentions. They intended for a full set of Tionese to be easier to get than Columi. They intended for PVP rank and gear to not benefit PVE. They intend Rakata sets to be superior to their columi counterparts without having to swap out mods. They intend Lost Island hard mode to be easier than Eternity Vault normal mode.

Thanks, had a good laugh :D

My advise is if your raid team all dont have a rotations, tell them to learn one... if your raid team dont know dps, hps, etc.... enable logs and check it out. Your raid can be in full rakata, but gear doesn't mean anything if the person in it can't use it to the raid teams advantage....