Am i wrong in picking an RP-PvE server?

OddballEasyEight

I am really glad this thread was posted, because I was going to start one like this myself. I am a veteran MMO player, SWG, Starsider since launch to NGE, AoC, EVE, Fallen Earth...

I was leaning towards rolling on a RP-PVE server for most of the reasons listed here. I am, at best, a dabbler in RP, but I do prefer to have my MMO play be very immersive. The childishness and bad names spoil gameplay for me... I am familiar enough with the SW canon and in game conventions to not be obtrusive. ((I promise...))

Plus, I am looking for as mature an environment as I can find. The General Discussion forums today horrify me...

I am a West Coaster (Seattle). Can anyone vouch for the play on Vrook Lamar or Begeren Colony? Curious as to how those are going...

Thanks in advance for any responses...

Edited by pjskull

Looking forward to getting onto one of the RP-PvE servers along with the GM of our Wednesday night Saga tabletop games. I'm trying to keep track of the loads on the various servers... hopefully they won't get *too* crazy before launch!

We're looking at the East Coast servers... maybe Sanctum of the Exalted as it doesn't seem to be as heavily populated as some of the others at this early stage. Anyone know how the community is on Sanctum?

Well so far ive had a pleasant experience.

Did one flashpoint "IC" and used () to signify OOC chat, and it worked well, but i dont think everyone is aware of the use of () or the fact that someone might just be playing their character.

And so far ive only met one person with a wonky name (something similar to jango fett, but slightly different... veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery imaginative :rolleyes: )

im enjoying myself.

Oh and if anyone is wondering, my server is in my sig along with my toons names.

Im based in EU tho, so to all of you US players, sorry we cant play :/