The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

Xinika

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about the Arika build:

You spent points that increase peroidic dmg. I must admit that I haven't watched your video yet, but are you using any peroidic dmg causing attacks in this build at all?

if you drop the 30 crit bonus for FiB you can get this what im using

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601MZGG0RkRZfocRrr0o.1

6 % more dmg on double strike little better power (im running out off power alot) and 30 % less dmg off aoe

I think the 30 % less aoe dmg is nice pick all thou i like thous 5k FiB but +3k onec arent bad

Allso fun tank build that i use

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rcrozMcZozZfocRrr0o.1

Love Fluffy

Edited by mclammitys

Question about the Arika build:

You spent points that increase peroidic dmg. I must admit that I haven't watched your video yet, but are you using any peroidic dmg causing attacks in this build at all?

No and it would be wise to view the video to get an idea as to how it works.

@ Xinika:

Do you have any trouble in force regeneration?

Cause i have to wait to use tech that force come back..

No, I do not. One of the good parts to the build is good force regen. Like any other spec, whether pure or hybrid, you will need to monitor your force regardless of how much you have.

Quick question for you Shin:

I know that you along with most shadow players consider Infil to be the weakest spec due to the terrible survivability. The thing that is confusing me is how is the 13/28 any better in that aspect?

Keep up the great work, love the guides and videos you make.

4p stalker or 2p stalker + 2p survivor.

I like the shield given how many Sents and Gunslingers are running around now, but you can use the focus if you don't mind losing a bit of white damage mitigation.

Going full tank gear is not a great choice as your damage will be completely ignorable.

Edited by Kllashaa

Quick question for you Shin:

I know that you along with most shadow players consider Infil to be the weakest spec due to the terrible survivability. The thing that is confusing me is how is the 13/28 any better in that aspect?

Keep up the great work, love the guides and videos you make.

The difference is, there is no setup for the 13/28 burst. You can start it from right off the bat and keep going strong. It's not just infil's poor survivability that makes it a weak spec. It's very predictable against players with half a brain.

Hi Shin, I'm about to hit 50 on my shadow and I was wondering which spec you are playing with the gear in your armoury. I see you focus alot on power, is this gear appropriate for both 23/1/17 and 13/28? Thanks

been experimenting with the 23/1/17, like i suggested earlier in the topic. why not drop force pull and 1 in force lift to pick up shadow respite..

Well i have done this, and find it incredibly useful. It enables me to burst for a lot longer and gives another purpose to cloak (rather than just to escape.

been experimenting with the 23/1/17, like i suggested earlier in the topic. why not drop force pull and 1 in force lift to pick up shadow respite..

Well i have done this, and find it incredibly useful. It enables me to burst for a lot longer and gives another purpose to cloak (rather than just to escape.

not sure if serious...

not sure if serious...

of course I am.

I personally do not need force pull when i am capable of bursting the opponents down before they have a chance to escape. If they did get a bit too far, i force run, and further than that, I kill them off with a force in balance.

The extra force gen is very important for myself, it allows me to get at least an extra project and shadow strike from my initial burst from stealth.

That is an extra 5-7k of burst. Cloak, buff up and hit them hard again. And still your force bar is full.

and with force pull being at 4 seconds. There 4 seconds is worth compensating, its hardly noticeable.

Edited by Superstaroo

Hey Shin, I've been using your armory as a rough guideline for optimizing my own gear but noticed an oddity. How did you get a WH hilt in the PvE saber (didn't know the saber could be crafted either)? As according to this thread in the assassin forums WH hilts supposedly can't be placed in different weapons (not the case for BM but I've yet to buy a WH weapon):

You can pull the enhancement/mod out fine and put it elsewhere, but the reason why weapons are expensive is because of the hilt. You can't use a hilt on anything besides an offhand weapon

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=471979

The answer will not only impact how I approach tweaking my current level 50 shadow but also my operative who is soon to reach level 50.

of course I am.

I personally do not need force pull when i am capable of bursting the opponents down before they have a chance to escape. If they did get a bit too far, i force run, and further than that, I kill them off with a force in balance.

The extra force gen is very important for myself, it allows me to get at least an extra project and shadow strike from my initial burst from stealth.

That is an extra 5-7k of burst. Cloak, buff up and hit them hard again. And still your force bar is full.

and with force pull being at 4 seconds. There 4 seconds is worth compensating, its hardly noticeable.

Force Pull is one of the greatest talents our class has to offer. I would not sacrifice that for a 6 sec regen or even another attack. I have enough damage. Pulling ball carriers, stopping people from capping or saving my healers are just a few examples of why Pull is an exceptional ability. (Not to mention, there's no force cost)

Hey Shin, I've been using your armory as a rough guideline for optimizing my own gear but noticed an oddity. How did you get a WH hilt in the PvE saber (didn't know the saber could be crafted either)? As according to this thread in the assassin forums WH hilts supposedly can't be placed in different weapons (not the case for BM but I've yet to buy a WH weapon):.

It's the same as crafting an augmented double-saber. I just used that on my armoury because there is virtually no difference (besides name).

Edited by Xinika

yep, force pull is useful. But we all have our own style.

Me personally dont need to use it, and i have been a shadow tank for a very long time.

if anyone ever comes into the same situation as me, i reccomend doing what i done.

The difference is, there is no setup for the 13/28 burst. You can start it from right off the bat and keep going strong. It's not just infil's poor survivability that makes it a weak spec. It's very predictable against players with half a brain.

Hm...Double yo-yo saber....I WONDER WHAT COMES NEXT.

Shin,

Thanks for all this fantastic amount of information! I have been trying out various specs and been unable to break the 3K barrier. To that end, I'm going to try your 13/28 and see how that goes. Since I'm pretty new to some of the concepts, and because of many people like you, I'm slowly beginning to become a better player especially in PVP.

If you have any advice other than what's been said here, I would be grateful, especially if you use any stims etc. Also, my willpower is up to 1615 and working to get more augmented WH armor to go higher.

Once again, thanks for the great job!

Q pops only happen on my server about twice a month, so I only got to run the Arika Hybrid in 2 warzones.

I had more damage than any other two team members combined. But....didn't have any even matches. 1 blowout win, 1 blowout loss. Death count in the loss was 10+....not good. Only died once in the win. I'm going to be testing the standard tank spec, standard hybrid, and Arika spec. Personally, I don't think the nerf is gonna be a class killer.

But....I'm very curious to see how the adrenal, relic, and bio chem nerfs residually affect gameplay. Maybe Infiltration is more viable cuz we take less damage? I doubt it....but...haven't tested yet on the 1.3 PTS. Not a fan of Infiltration anymore since it offers little-to-nothing in form of team utility...which is my focus...Rated Warzones.