Please reduce the price of commendation barrels, hilts, and armoring from 7 to 5 coms

GregMD

Once you get more than 3 pieces of moddable gear it's incredibly annoying to maintain all your mods because of how expensive the barrels, hilts, and armorings are. If they were only 5 commendations it would at least be a little more doable. Anyone agree?

No, I do not agree. The design intent is clearly that modifications are scarce. There was obviously never any intent that every slot would be filled with the best current equipment. It is working as designed. Edited by MMornard

No, I do not agree. The design intent is clearly that modifications are scarce. There was obviously never any intent that every slot would be filled with the best current equipment. It is working as designed.
And where are you getting this from exactly?

I really don't agree either.

You would shore up any shortcomings in mods/armorings/enhancements by consulting your friendly neighborhood Cybertech. :)

1. If you're on a low pop server, finding a cybertech to craft you mods all the time is problematic

2. even on fatman I rarely see good mods on the GN

1. If you're on a low pop server, finding a cybertech to craft you mods all the time is problematic

2. even on fatman I rarely see good mods on the GN

Become a cybertech. There is really no need to change how much modifications cost with comms.

Not to mention, it's not like commendations are a finite source. Sure it can be a bother to grind them out, but you can get commendations through random drops so if you end up falling two commendations short, go out there and fight the nearest enemy population until you have those extra commendations.

Become a cybertech. There is really no need to change how much modifications cost with comms.
not gonna gimp myself in end game pvp by not taking biochem just to make getting mods a little bit easier

Not to mention, it's not like commendations are a finite source. Sure it can be a bother to grind them out, but you can get commendations through random drops so if you end up falling two commendations short, go out there and fight the nearest enemy population until you have those extra commendations.
Most of the time I end up with around 23 commendations before leaving a zone and 90% of the time I pick the commendation over a piece of gear for quest rewards. 23 commendations is only enough to get 2 pieces of armor, a barrel, and 1 mod or enhancement. Edited by GregMD

not gonna gimp myself in end game pvp by not taking biochem just to make getting mods a little bit easier
Then why should you be handed what you want while leveling?

Most of the time I end up with around 23 commendations before leaving a zone and 90% of the time I pick the commendation over a piece of gear for quest rewards. 23 commendations is only enough to get 2 pieces of armor, a barrel, and 1 mod or enhancement.
You're not supposed to be able to replace all or most of your modifications using commendations. The crafting and selling of these items is a vital part of the game economy that you are attempting to avoid. You have no one to blame but yourself; perhaps you should not be using so much custom-quality gear.

You're not supposed to be able to replace all or most of your modifications using commendations.
Who says?

The crafting and selling of these items is a vital part of the game economy that you are attempting to avoid
Lmao no it isn't

not gonna gimp myself in end game pvp by not taking biochem just to make getting mods a little bit easier.

Now you are just making excuses. You have eight character slots. Make a Cybertech. You have options. There are comms to get mods, there are players to make mods that you can buy. If either of those fail, you can make them yourself.

Never should a game be changed in order to accommodate folks who refuse to help themselves.

Who says?

Lmao no it isn't

You're supposed to turn to Cybertechs, Weaponsmiths, and Artificers for some of those modifications, if you choose to use custom-quality equipment while leveling in this game. This is part of the game's economic system, one that you seem to want to avoid entirely.

It is possible to play the game while demonstrating selfish and antisocial behavior, but this should not be supported by altering the game to accommodate such a play style.

Where? I sure as **** can't find any
Then perhaps you are making an invalid suggestion. It would seem your issue is not truly the price of primary modifications, but player population. There are several threads dedicated to the discussion of that topic.

You're supposed to turn to Cybertechs, Weaponsmiths, and Artificers for some of those modifications, if you choose to use custom-quality equipment while leveling in this game. This is part of the game's economic system, one that you seem to want to avoid entirely.

It is possible to play the game while demonstrating selfish and antisocial behavior, but this should not be supported by altering the game to accommodate such a play style.

k but the problem is that nobody wants to take cybertech over biochem. I have waaaaay more than enough credits to buy these mods from other people, the problem is that I can't find anyone to buy them from. You wanna reroll on my server and craft whatever I want whenever I want? by all means feel free.

k but the problem is that nobody wants to take cybertech over biochem. I have waaaaay more than enough credits to buy these mods from other people, the problem is that I can't find anyone to buy them from. You wanna reroll on my server and craft whatever I want whenever I want? by all means feel free.

So, your problem is that you are lazy and that BioWare should change the game to help you?

So, your problem is that you are lazy and that BioWare should change the game to help you?
How is that lazy?

And yes bioware should change it. It's not a major change but it's a helpful to people who are still leveling or are currently rerolling.

Edited by GregMD

No, I'm happy where I'm at: plenty of people buying my modifications, a thriving economy, seemingly endless supply of materials for my needs.

If you want to reroll, though, I'd be more than willing to take you on as a customer. My prices are competitive, and I offer an extreme discount if you provide the materials.

How is that lazy?
Probably because you fail to demonstrate the initiative to take up the relevant professions yourself, or create and level alts for that purpose. You instead ask the entire system, a system that is working perfectly on many servers I might add, be changed to fit your needs.

Yes, that is very lazy.

Probably because you fail to demonstrate the initiative to take up the relevant professions yourself, or create and level alts for that purpose. You instead ask the entire system, a system that is working perfectly on many servers I might add, be changed to fit your needs.

Yes, that is very lazy.

I'm lazy because I don't want to take up a profession (on any char) that isn't on par with biochem?

I'm lazy because I don't want to take up a profession (on any char) that isn't on par with biochem?

Any time that you have solutions available to you that you are refusing to take because you would rather be helped than put out the effort, that is indeed lazy.

If there were not options I could see the validity of your request. However, there are many avenues to getting commendations to buy mods or to outright buy or make the mods themselves.

Ah. A biochemist. The economy sink.

Frankly, if they would get rid of the biochem requirements on most of the products, full stop, life would be easier for everyone.

As it is, I don't really care. Either make a cybertech, armstech, or artificer alt, or just do without. It's a lot more satisfying to have your alts craft just the right gear for you, than to have everyone on biochem and then wonder why all the good stuff isn't falling into your lap.