Server Transfers Business Proposal

Totaltrash

I'm reading a lot of threads complaining about low population servers.

"Whaaa, my server is underpopulated, merge merge merge or let me transfer!!!!"

Obviously, dying servers are a big problem for the players but not a big problem for Bioware or EA.

This is capitalism, not kindergarten!

You are appealing to a company, to MBA's sitting in Marketing and Business Development, not some (potentially)compassionate geek programmers (those days are long gone).

Only money talks here:

"I offer $X to have my toons transferred to Server Y!"

If enough people write something like that on the forums, it will be noticed very, very quickly because it would give Bioware/EA an uptick on the next quarterly report.

So, sign up here if you are willing to PAY for tranfers!

I see this in two ways.

The first is that we should not pay to transfer if we are stuck on a low populated server. It is not our fault that we were placed there and then people decided to leave. I say this because in the sign up phase, your guild was placed on a server, we didnt have any other options.

Now of course we can reroll but our guild is doing well enough to stay on our lvl 50's or alts we are working up to still enjoy the game. It is not fair that we would need to pay to move off the low server.

Second, I am all for paying to move, once transfers have gone through their cycles and people have had the chance to try for themselves on a new home. Once you have moved, you are now responsible for your own second, third, or beyond transfer. This is where BW will make money because people will move.

I understand your post in that it would gain much quicker traction with the Corporate Office, but the masses have a very loud voice and it is just as easily heard. :D

I'm reading a lot of threads complaining about low population servers.

"Whaaa, my server is underpopulated, merge merge merge or let me transfer!!!!"

Obviously, dying servers are a big problem for the players but not a big problem for Bioware or EA.

This is capitalism, not kindergarten!

You are appealing to a company, to MBA's sitting in Marketing and Business Development, not some (potentially)compassionate geek programmers (those days are long gone).

Only money talks here:

"I offer $X to have my toons transferred to Server Y!"

If enough people write something like that on the forums, it will be noticed very, very quickly because it would give Bioware/EA an uptick on the next quarterly report.

So, sign up here if you are willing to PAY for tranfers!

I have no idea where you are getting these ideas but wow......you have a skewed view of reality. Yes people are unhappy, so far 24% of subs have lapsed. I seriously doubt even close to half of those are people complaining hard on the forums but likely some are while others people who tried it and didnt like it or just got bored. Anyway, while many light servers are sustaining a sub base for NOW this will change as the light servers get lighter and lighter. People are leaving because of this. So those in charge are going to look at short and long term profit possibilities. Short term is obviously fine with 1.3 million people still paying their $15 a month, but if projections estimate more large declines due to mass customer dissatisfaction then they will try and recoup those losses or close the game entirely.

Before you attempt to post something like this and try and act like some kind of expert you might want to actually know the basics first......No customers=no business. While they wont bow down to every trival complaint that players through out (and trivial complaints are numerous) they will watch what the analysts are saying and right now I have a feeling that using polls, market data etc its not going to be grim but it wont be promising either.

TL;DR your post is pretty much flat out wrong, learn basic economics before acting like expert, and if they are smart they will will merge.

You are overlooking one thing. You say that Bioware won't listen unless people start offering to pay. People are paying, and they will stop paying and quit the game if something isn't done about the server pops. Something needs to be done about this or people will just keep leaving this game in droves.

Hi there, folks!

We do have an active and current thread for discussing this exact topic (payment for server transfers), located in our General Discussion forum. You can find the link to this thread below.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=453716

We're going to ask everyone to please head on over to the ongoing discussion and share their thoughts there, as this will help keep everything consolidated and neat. Thanks for your understanding!