The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Top servers people will transfer to come FREE transfers.

pllague

Piss on the transfers.. MERGE THE SERVERS!!!

i agree but BW said they wont be doing Merges. basically a "Whats that? im sorry...i cant hear you over the sound of how awesome i am" attitude. so now its basically up to the community to do bioware's jobs.

Edited by pllague

i agree but BW said they wont be doing Merges. basically a "Whats that? im sorry...i cant hear you of the sound of how awesome i am" attitude. so now its basically up to the community to do bioware's jobs.

Are you can really stick it to them and unsub

exactly

the only servers they would allow transfers to are the ones that are in need of people.not the already overcrowded servers like fatman

Well, while they may not allow transfer to Fatman, every other server out there has fewer people, and thus, are all in need of people.

informing everyone of the servers that will be most popular to transfer to come free transfers.

Wow total failure. If you would read, you'd understand you do not get to choose the server you take a free transfer to. It is determined by BioWare. :rolleyes:

I don't think they will allow transfers to the high population ones.

They are probable taking a few light population ones, and combine those with other light population ones. Say make 2 servers out of 8 or 10.

I really, really doubt Bioware would antagonize the people on the high population servers by allowing such a massive influx that is sure to bring queue times back.

They already said they will, it would be FREE transfers to their list of servers, PAID transfers to any you want, just because of the fact you ARE PAYING them for it.

Wow total failure. If you would read, you'd understand you do not get to choose the server you take a free transfer to. It is determined by BioWare. :rolleyes:

very much this...free transfers are only gonna goto standard servers...its pretty pointless to allow people to goto high pop servers

Edited by tloops

Well after months on anchorhead republic I bit the bullet and re-rolled empire Fatman. Every night I log on to Anchorhead and check the fleet at my normal play time (about 9 PM EST) and it hovers right aroudn 30 people.

Thing is, I miss my republic characters and have been waiting for server transfers to see where i could move them. My biggest fear is that I will transfer to a server that doesn't end up having a stable population. I guess I will wait a few days after transfers to see what server seems to get loaded up.

If its not done by 2 weeks when I go back home (aka start of summer) I'll leave myself unsubbed.

I know what Biowares timeframes are like and will not wait months for this to happen (As I can already see them saying, if we say early summer, we can at least push it back to late summer and say it was still summer when we did it) oh wait what is that, everyone has left, so over waiting, should have been done 5 months ago.

so far i have only seen 1 PVP server that is Standard and always that way (The Swiftsure US-West). i havent seen any other PVP server that has gone above light population.

atleast so far we know that transfering to 'The Swiftsure' will not result in disappointment . good progress for sure and im thinking im gonna lvl a Repub AND a Sith to lvl 10 just to get the fleets numbers at different times. that being said, does anyone have any info on this server?

Uh, no... they won't. Not even paid.

You really should do your research before you make a comment like this. Under the Q&A this question was asked. Representative from bioware said there will be no restrictions with paid transfers whatsoever. It was quite clear.

Arguable. The server is very heavy, but it's not that full yet. If it's truly full to the brim, then it will probably enter a "locked" phase where people can't even create new characters on the server.

At the moment you can still reroll on Fatman, so I imagine a very limited number of paid transfers to Fatman may be possible.

Well, while they may not allow transfer to Fatman, every other server out there has fewer people, and thus, are all in need of people.

As I stated in my previous post, as with anything in life it seems no one ever wants to do the research. There will only be restrictions with free transfers. The representative from bioware stated there will be no restrictions on paid transfers. For this reason they're going to release the free transfers before they come out with paid. That way there should already be 1 or 2 servers that have become high pop servers due to the fact that everybody took advantage of transferring to free by the time they come out with paid.

Edited by Zergnaut

What if you already have character on the fatman and you want to transfer your others to the server? I hardly see how adding your other characters effects the population on that server? It's still the same amount of users on the server it's just more characters.

as i stated in my previous post, as with anything in life it seems no one ever wants to do the research. There will only be restrictions with free transfers. The representative from bioware stated there will be no restrictions on paid transfers.

someone understands me!

They could do like they did on SWG

They allowed you to transfer for free if you were on a server that was low on population to a certain ones but if you wanted to transfer say to Starsider you had to pay for that at first.

Eventually since Starside was getting over populated they locked that server. They did that to keep everyone from transferring there and give other servers a better chance of getting populated.

I can see them doing something like this with the servers that are heavy. I can see them watching the heavy ones and then locking them when they seem to get over populated. It makes sense if they lock some down to give other servers a chance.

They will not allow transfers to Fatman.

They probably won't allow free transfers to any server that's over STANDARD at peak time. They may not even allow free transfers to STANDARD servers; instead opting to transfer a bunch of LIGHT servers onto a few LIGHT servers to make those few STANDARD to HEAVY.

Edited by DarthTHC

They probably won't allow free transfers to any server that's over STANDARD at peak time. They may not even allow free transfers to STANDARD servers; instead opting to transfer a bunch of LIGHT servers onto a few LIGHT servers to make those few STANDARD to HEAVY.

most likely this will happen,it only makes sense