BH Pvp. good or bad?

JediSanta

Most of the people I have talked to say BH in pvp are pretty crappy. Yes, they can top the kill list if they time Death from above just right. But from what I have read and heard, 1 v 1 against a Jedi or Sith is pretty much a dead BH.

Any thoughts on this?

If you do pvp, would it be PT or Merc?

Most of the people I have talked to say BH in pvp are pretty crappy. Yes, they can top the kill list if they time Death from above just right. But from what I have read and heard, 1 v 1 against a Jedi or Sith is pretty much a dead BH.

Any thoughts on this?

I disagree. I've played a BH merc (arsenal spec) and on several occasions have beaten lightsaber classes 1v1 and have gotten top kills without even using death from above. It's all about picking your shots, using your stuns correctly, and gtfoing when you know your in trouble. PT is also a good dps pvp tree, it just depends on playstyle.

I pvp as a 25 Pyrotech Merc, and I have to say, we're about mid-ranged on a scale of 1-10, 1 being rickrolled terribly, and 10 being untouchable.

I'm pretty decent with a group, providing good burst at points with a Incendiary nade + railshot combo, and providing just general damage. I do better at VS simply because I can keep a door unplantable with a few AoE's.

But... 1v1 against most classes I will usually lose. I don't have the damage, nor defense (generally speaking) to kill someone outright. This could simply be just my gear, but I dont understand how I can lose to someone well below me in levels (18-20).

As a 24 Powertech I have to say that all melee classes are at a slight disadvantage in PvP; however, the utilities that Powertechs have come in handy (Grapple especially).

Also I think that Powertechs are one of the best one on one. I have yet to lose even against healers. As long as you can time the disrupt abilities correctly.

As a 24 Powertech I have to say that all melee classes are at a slight disadvantage in PvP; however, the utilities that Powertechs have come in handy (Grapple especially).

Also I think that Powertechs are one of the best one on one. I have yet to lose even against healers. As long as you can time the disrupt abilities correctly.

Are you in Pyro or AP? I am curious to try out pvp now.

Any thoughts on this?

I disagree im merc arsenal i mess everyone up 1 v 1 they have no chance

I play Pyro Powertec and I must say I feel like a god in the pvp. No idea how it will be when al classes have al abilitys etc but atm you dot stuff up and get los to see them die. A mele jumps you? trolololol slow dot dot stun + shield.

I usualy get past 270+ dmg done in a game, got to 330+ sometimes and have most KB's and solo kills.

Cybertec is kick *** btw for the aoe stun/fall grenade. Cheep and can kick the whole enemy team of their feet. Superb for hutball extra cc.

btw :)

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/osianic/Huttball-1.jpg

Edited by Osicat

As a bodyguard merc I have a blast and am usually top 3 in heals and top 5 in dmg.

The high single target classes do me in the most. Marader/Jedi duel weild and sniper i find pwn me the most in huttball. But i can usually heal through 2-4 people beating on a friend but if there is someone snipping or i 2 sabers are flying around that single target deeps is brutal. And again in 1v1 i can take on ever class accept the duel wield saber folk. I am so squishy to them.

Any thoughts on this?

BH do very well in pvp. Merc only has problem against melee really if they can't kite or knock them off something but can burst through whoever. Powertech 1v1 is one of the best, really if you are having difficulty you just need more practice. Bind all your spells, make use of the fact you're a ranged/melee and you'll be doing well. How everyone is at level 50 remains to be seen.

Edited by Terrace

I just spent a full day leveling BH to 14. ive played a few PvP matches and am averaging something like 7: 1

Kill/death ratio. Ive beaten serval force users in duels as well that were the same lvl as me and they used their companion too ! If you can master the art of fighting from a distance, BH will usually be the winner.

I am playing a Bodyguard Merc, I am only level 24 with valor level 13. However, I am normally on top of heals with the occasional Inquisitor beating me by maybe a couple of 1000 healing points every now and then. When I am not being focused on by more than 2 people, I can hold my own depending on the combinations on me. All about managing your cooldowns, stuns, and knowing what is happening. 1v1 I can outlast just about anyone except the occasional Inquisitor. Everything else just a matter of healing through the damage and DPSing when I can.

I have noticed there are times where I feel exceptionally squishy and other times where I feel like a tank. Not sure what the difference is yet, but I am sure it is some sort of anti class mechanic.

Any thoughts on this?

Go PT and you will be 1v1 king.

I disagree. I've played a BH merc (arsenal spec) and on several occasions have beaten lightsaber classes 1v1 and have gotten top kills without even using death from above. It's all about picking your shots, using your stuns correctly, and gtfoing when you know your in trouble. PT is also a good dps pvp tree, it just depends on playstyle.

QFT.

Its best to pick them off from a distance, land a few tracer missiles nail them with a rail shot, elec dart, wash rinse repeat. I find myself in trouble if i get 2-3 on me, but at that point who doesnt? I only use DFA on the objectives, or in hutt ball if they are beating on our carrier.

• 1 month later...
I just spent a full day leveling BH to 14. ive played a few PvP matches and am averaging something like 7: 1

Kill/death ratio. Ive beaten serval force users in duels as well that were the same lvl as me and they used their companion too ! If you can master the art of fighting from a distance, BH will usually be the winner.

If you look at final scoreboard you will realise that everyoen has high kill to death ratio, as a bh generally 10 to 1 except when a high level makes me her plaything for entire match, but then still greater kills:deaths ratio!

If you look at final scoreboard you will realise that everyoen has high kill to death ratio, as a bh generally 10 to 1 except when a high level makes me her plaything for entire match, but then still greater kills:deaths ratio!

As i said , kill death ratio is bloated but if u were main factor that 2 or more people died then u died, you are winning bg for team assuming thier deaths were not meaningles as in u just killed farmers in middle of nowhere!

Sorry no, I dont know about Merc's but Powertechs that are properly spec'd and geared are awesome

Main weakness of powertech is you will die fast in furball as close range and public enemy nimber one. IN a PUG u will not be healed , just clone!

Main weakness of powertech is you will die fast in furball as close range and public enemy nimber one. IN a PUG u will not be healed , just clone!

I dont die fast even when running with PUG's just gotta know how to play the field

I play a Arsenal Merc and I enjoy Warzones alot. But when it comes to Dueling other players at 50, I pretty much lose everytime. I don't claim to be great at PVP, but I don't expect to lose every fight to any other class. Without getting trolled, is there any other level 50 Arsenal Merc's out there having the same problem?