SWTOR Must Haves to Survive

Jakoby

I have been in the game since pre-beta and the game it seems is dying. There are multiple reasons for this but chief amoung them is a lack of a LFG tool. Before this becomes a flame fest as most other threads let me explain.

In Beta all was good because there were serious and mature testers abounding so finding a group using chat spam was somewhat easy, especially since we were all lvl 1-30 and the only thing you needed a group for was hard modes. We did ask for a LFG tool even then though we were not doing flashpoints and operations.

In general Beta this was a huge issue as well, people complained and nothing.

We are now 6+ months into the game, I have yet to do an operation. I never see operations spammed in general chat on the fleet and who wants to sit around for an hour hoping to get a flashpoint together out of one instance wourth of people. So unless you are in a very large guild with 100+ memebers you never get to see operations. Is it any wonder this game is dying when you can't raid in small guilds? Even big guilds have their cliques so no one but a select few get to experience end game content...

Bioware if you want to further the life of this game you better do three things quick. 1) Get an LFG tool in game immediately (cross server not necessary with server merge). 2) Merge servers (allow for xfers later but your way beyond simple transfers) 3) Ranked Warzones with cross server ques. You can forget new content for now, you are dying on the vine without the three things I just mentioned. Remove this post if you want but the truth will be more than evident here in the next few months.

Edited by Jakoby
grammer

I have been in the game since pre-beta and the game it seems is dying. There are multiple reasons for this but chief amoung them is a lack of a LFG tool. Before this becomes a flame fest as most other threads let me explain.

In Beta all was good because there were serious and mature testers abounding so finding a group using chat spam was somewhat easy, especially since we were all lvl 1-30 and the only thing you needed a group for was hard modes. We did ask for a LFG tool even then though we were not doing flashpoints and operations.

In general Beta this was a huge issue as well, people complained and nothing.

We are now 6+ months into the game, I have yet to do an operation. I never see operations spammed in general chat on the fleet. So unless you are in a very large guild with 100+ memebers you never get to see operations. Is it any wonder this game is dying when you can't raid in small guilds? Even big guilds have their cliques so no one but a select few get to experience end game content...

Bioware if you want to further the life of this game you better do three things quick. 1) Get an LFG tool in game immediately (cross server not necessary with server merge). 2) Merge servers (allow for xfers later but your way beyond simple transfers) 3) Ranked Warzones with cross server ques. You can forget new content for now, you are dying on the vine without the three things I just mentioned. Remove this post if you want but the truth will be more than eveident here in the next few months.

Just curious about the 2nd thing you mentioned that would magically fix the game. How would you feel if your dead (assuming) server was merged with another, and you HAD to change your character's name(s) because they were already taken?

You'd be pretty hacked off. Probably cause you to come back onto the forums and whine about how you had to change your name and that it's unfair and you will cancel your subscription if you don't get to keep it.

Server merging is a total waste of resources because once this issue occurs, and it will if mergers happen, you are then taking the choice away from the player about what server they want to be on.

If anything, I hope Server Transfers become available first. That way YOU are in control of where you want to go, and then it's YOUR choice to change your name if your original is taken.

I do agree with you on your first and last points, however.

Edited by Daystarr

You need a guild of 100+ players to run an operation?

Story mode EV is pathetically easy. Spend 10 minutes reading up on it and you could take a pug group.

In our guild we run story modes with the minimum gear requirements being full recruit gear. I ran a hardmode in full recruit on an alt, with no problems either.

You need a guild of 8, fairly sensible players with a head on their shoulders to play an op.

My server did used to be quite dead, but we managed to spark some life into it lately, so i get where you're coming from if you're saying there is just not enough players to group 8 together, the instance finder would only work if it was cross server however then, because you still wouldn't have the people available, and chances are you get plonked with 7 idiots in green gear, rather akin to pvp solo queuing.

Find 7 more players wanting to do an op, form a guild, do the ops. As you do, you will get more experience, better gear, more ops. rinse. repeat.

Wish you luck. If not, roll on Goluud. We're always looking for sensible players to fill our ranks

i dont agree with all the OP say, but what is true, is that we need many stuffs to be fixed

a LFG tool that works, but this feature is worthless with the current state of the game population if is not

cross realms.. so either get server transfers or merge servers before your LFG tool

because if you release a LFG realm wise, you gonna get a lot of complains and unsubs from people

in low pop servers. witch are 65% of the whole game realms list.

it will be a joke and a lack of respect and will show how little attention BW show if they release a freaking LFG

with the current server population

also get ranked WZ working, this is a must if the game want to continue holding, this is a need now for keep and get more people.

i am very scared of this tuesday.. i wonder how many people we will lose, okay maybe they wont unsub right away

but how many will stop log in after this tuesday.. im scared my realm is already becoming a ghost town.. sigh

Edited by mikphobos