Help us fix PVP and Warzones

Butterstuffs

Ive noticed a recurring trend in the pvp forums.

People are leaving the game. I know we will all come back after they fix the issue. So lets help BW and SWTOR along. Remember be constructive plz )

A lot of people are unhappy with one thing or another from the last patch. So what I want to know is, what is it thats turning you off from the game and more specific pvp warzones?

Please be specific and dont just flame and say rude things about BW or the game.

I will start. These are the things that get under my skin.

• Having to fight my own guildies in warzones because of same faction battles due to low population on servers.
  • Not having Cross server que. What I mean is why if the population is so low, why dont they just que all the servers up instead of just the one your on.

I can see there being a huge issue with cross server ques because there is a lot of servers in this game. One way to resolve that would be to setup battlegroups. You could then just use some servers together instead of all of them. like put 5-10 servers in the battlegroup. Then you could get rid of the same faction issue and would clear up que times.

What kind of issues do you feel really turns you off in pvp or warzones?

What do you think would resolve the issues?

Edited by Butterstuffs
Changed title as it made it seem i was a BW employee, which was not my intention

Grouping servers in battlegroups still might not work. I'm sure there are groups of 5-10 servers that can be legitimately classified DEAD for pvp. however, if my server is thrown in the fatman battlegroup I'm all for hit, 24/7 q pops <3

Well as far as Warzones go , I dont think I have much problems with it except for:

1.Extremely long ques.

Solution: It is coming cross server ques but it should be bump into top 5 priority things to do.

2.Uneven groups in terms of gear.

Solution : Rated WZ , yeah its coming but when? another thing that should be a priority in my opinion.

Aside from that I dont think I have much problem with WZ , world pvp is another matter but fix wz problems first and I will be a happy camper waiting for world pvp fixes.

My two biggest problems (among many) with the pvp of this game are:

1) The severe lack of information from the developers on anything they do regarding PVP

2) The fact that changes are not tested by the community and developers working together on the public test server

Edited by HoyaPooch

Talking about battlegroups; there might be a lot of dead servers with not a lot of pvp going on, but there is some servers like fatman that have a lot going on.

What they could do to resolve some of this issue is throw a few populated servers in with some lower pop servers. That way it mixes things up and still gets the population issue resolved at least for pvp que.

As for server pops we all have to work together and get our friends involved. BW has not done a great job advertizing this game since the initial release. A lot of people probably dont even know about it or are scared to try it and lose money. I say shout it out to the world, use facebook, twitter and all your other social networking to spread the word. Its up to us the players to get other new players playing this game.

I myself would like to see some glory stolen from the huge elephant in the room (you know who you are Blizztard).

-TTK went from being too slow to too fast, imo.

-Novare Coast's capture mechanic is gimmicky. We should probably have a shorter range on the cap.

Not new with 1.2, but...

-Only about 25% of matches on my server are competitve. Usually it's a blowout.

-Outside of Huttball, the blowout matches drag on for too long (especially Civil War).

Edited by Lymain

My biggest problem with the PVP and Warzones in this game is having only 8 people aside. That, FAR too often, causes warzones to come down to 1)which team is better geared and 2)which team has the better group composition.

Easily 80-90% of the time I can tell which team is going to win a match, even if there are good players, who are playing smart, on both teams, because I recognize who has the better gear or has a team comp better suited to playing the objectives.

This is the reason why I find losses so frustrating, since in most losses, I never feel like my team was ever in the game or had a chance of winning because we just didn't have enough geared players to compete. This is especially true in Alderaan and Voidstar, since success in both is largely based around killing enough of the other team quickly enough to be able to cap an objective(or stop them capping), so even a slight advantage in gear pretty much guarantees a win. This is also a problem, though not as big of one, in Novare Coast, which is somewhat more momentum based, and you can also cap if you are clever about positioning, but even there, if the other team has notably better gear, you have pretty much no chance of winning. Only Huttball is gear notably less important than playing smart, but that brings me to the problem of group comp.

Voidstar is also a problem there because a good stealther, who really knows what they are doing, can often carry an otherwise bad team to victory. In Huttball, passing is paramount, which is made considerably easier if you have a couple of people who are of an AC, most effectively an Assassin/Shadow, that can quickly and effectively get ahead of the ball carrier to pass. In all warzones, the team that has more healers is almost always going to win as well(with the exception of a couple matches I've been in where the other team had 6 healers, we couldn't kill them but they really couldn't effectively do anything either).

Rated Warzones would certainly help with the first problem, but even a few more people per side in a warzone would help with both. Yes there would still be blowouts, probably still lots of them, but for every additional person in a warzone, skill and coordination become more important.

That is my opinion on it, anyway

What do you mean by "us"? Do you work for Bioware?

The solution to the PVP and Warzone problems is quite simple. ROLL BACK PATCH 1.2

Never will happen but there you are. Bioware fails again. I think they will have to replace "mythic fail" with "Bioware fail" at this rate.

The solution to the PVP and Warzone problems is quite simple. ROLL BACK PATCH 1.2

Never will happen but there you are. Bioware fails again. I think they will have to replace "mythic fail" with "Bioware fail" at this rate.

i really dont understand it just seems like people like you are leaving game becuase you dont like fair pvp only unbalanced via huge gear diference so that you can feel liek you are a good pvper?? lol

Well, here are my views, most important to least:

1.) Changes to healing classes

2.) Changes to Expertise and how healing benefis from it (especially together with Trauma)

3.) Generally the pace at which people are dying now, which is much faster. This in combination with lots of CC

4.) Queues are long

5.) Servers are getting emptier

Generally I have to say PVP feels more mindless and boring than ever. I really preferred the pace before 1.2 and the strategic aspect that came with that.

Edited by syntxerr

I mean by "us" is the user base. No I dont work for BW but I play a game with a community of players. Its up to us to let BW know whats wrong with the game. This is just one of many threads of the same topic in this forum. So far in my eyes we are making good progress with figuring out what has gone wrong with a game that should be way more epic than what has been said.

I dont think your post is constructive and it leads us no where but back to bs and flaming OP's

One thing to think about when people protest and say "roll back 1.2" is this. There were other things and fixes added to the game. Thats what this topic is about; finding the root of the issues and just resolving them. Some of the issues that were fixed outside of pvp were in patch 1.2. Would you really like to go backwards and lose progress?

I think all of the suggestions in this thread have been great and constructive.

We just need to look for the things that have gone wrong in patch 1.2 and ask them to be resolved. Maybe even make point of some issues that were present before 1.2 that didnt get noticed, or were to late to be included in the patch.

So keep up the posting lets make this game what it should be, EPIC!

Also remember its up to us as well to get the player base up. Tell your friends on facebook, twitter and all the other social networking sites to try the game out. The more people the game has the more fun it will become.

Lets show some light on the issues we have noticed and get this game where it should be.

First of all, players should not be complaining about gear because Battlemaster gear can be purchased with just Honor Comms and a slighty lower tier with just credits. War-Hero gear is only slightly better than Battlemaster, and the only reason to buy War-Hero gear is for more dedicated PVP'ers to get the rated gear once Rated Warzones ever gets launched.

They should have launched "Pre-season Rated WZ" like intended and the community would have "tested" it and gave it's opinion. I wouldn't have minded a few kinks in the rating system, but now everything is pushed back 3+ months and many people have already jumped ship.

Warzones come down to teamwork, unfortunately with dwindling server populations it's hard to find a group of competitive like-minded players. Cross-server/or so called Battlegroups (a group of servers) queues I think are not enough to save this game. Too little, too late.

World PVP could have enticed more people to try out WZ's more often. Blizz had the right idea with a scheduled World PVP event several times a day and give it some incentive to join the battle. A unique vendor available to only the winning team, to make available some decent gear/mounts/etc to the part-time PVP'ers.

I blame EA, they did win the "Golden Poo" award. The game was clearly rushed to meet holiday launch and now they are paying for it, subscribers are not going to stick around 4-5 months for features/gameplay that should have been in launch.

This morning I canceled my sub, so BW, you have me for another 30days and if something hasn't changed for the better, then I am gone. I really wanted this game to succeed, knowing BioWare's track record and being a Star Wars fan my whole life.

Thanks for reading my comments and criticism.

im just plain bored of playing the same wz's over and over...we need more and of diff types...

when my queue pops up start saying " please dont be hutball, please dont be hutball..... crap.. exit" ( alot of people share that feeling) .... voidstar is justa cluster**** lagfest of people spamming moves in one lil area. really all you have to do is have a healer hide behind a pillar and you spam area skills to disrupt any attempts... not alot of skill there

id like to see 1v1 dueling zones with spectators and with ratings a ladder and rewards.....actually use a persons skill base rather than fighting some1 then being jumped by 3-5 others, cc'ed and toasted unable to move.. what does that prove.. nothing to me

the new wz is pretty cool , i like it .....but 1 wz isnt going to keep my intrest.. i find myself logging in less and less as weeks go by.

also, i was wondering how hard it would be to implement some sort of voice communication for wz teams.. you know... you load into a wz with andom people and your all connected to the same voice channel for the duration of that wz... once its over your disconnected....... i dunno just a thought on to improve teamwork....

Edited by Wookubus

Indeed, gear should not be an issue that keeps someone from playing. As with every game gear plays a huge role in pvp, as it should. You need to work to get the gear. Yes I know it sucks to die all the time but you have to go through that to become a better player

Issues with classes and what was nerfed is another thing. Ive heard huge complaints from healers and a lot of dps. A lot of the complaints ive heard about dps are legitimate and not just gear based.

Now dont get me wrong I know there will always be people who think pvp should be easy and everything should be handed to them. These people always come out after a patch with complaints on why it sucked. I am no sucker and can weed out these post pretty easy. I am looking for legitimate reasons why pvp has stopped being fun for us.

What we are trying to do here in this thread is not to complain about the game in general but try to think of the issues we are having with pvp and try to find ways to resolve them.

Good posts so far keep it up this list is still pretty short :)

Make it so healers aren't fodder 1v1.

Make it so all dps classes do comparable burst damage in at least one of their specs.

Reduce some of the defensive CDs on classes like marauders- give a defensive CD or two to other classes that only have 1 or even 0 defensive CDs.

Make premades fight premades- and have a matchmaking system so well geared players fight well geared players.

im just plain bored of playing the same wz's over and over...we need more and of diff types...

when my queue pops up start saying " please dont be hutball, please dont be hutball..... crap.. exit" ( alot of people share that feeling) .... voidstar is justa cluster**** lagfest of people spamming moves in one lil area. really all you have to do is have a healer hide behind a pillar and you spam area skills to disrupt any attempts... not alot of skill there

id like to see 1v1 dueling zones with spectators and with ratings a ladder and rewards.....actually use a persons skill base rather than fighting some1 then being jumped by 3-5 others, cc'ed and toasted unable to move.. what does that prove.. nothing to me

the new wz is pretty cool , i like it .....but 1 wz isnt going to keep my intrest.. i find myself logging in less and less as weeks go by.

See here for example

This player has a legitimate want. They know that this would make things better for them. This is not the first time these things have been said and it wont be the last.

They arent complaining about getting owned in pvp or even dying alot. The just know what could make it better and what issues people are all seing in the game. I love post like this, keep up the good posting! This list is still pretty small as issue lists go but its still a huge deal as pvp goes. A lot of little things make one big thing and thats whats hurting this game :)

Ive noticed a recurring trend in the pvp forums.

People are leaving the game. I know we will all come back after they fix the issue. So lets help BW and SWTOR along. Remember be constructive plz )

A lot of people are unhappy with one thing or another from the last patch. So what I want to know is, what is it thats turning you off from the game and more specific pvp warzones?

Please be specific and dont just flame and say rude things about BW or the game.

I will start. These are the things that get under my skin.

• Having to fight my own guildies in warzones because of same faction battles due to low population on servers.
  • Not having Cross server que. What I mean is why if the population is so low, why dont they just que all the servers up instead of just the one your on.

I can see there being a huge issue with cross server ques because there is a lot of servers in this game. One way to resolve that would be to setup battlegroups. You could then just use some servers together instead of all of them. like put 5-10 servers in the battlegroup. Then you could get rid of the same faction issue and would clear up que times.

What kind of issues do you feel really turns you off in pvp or warzones?

What do you think would resolve the issues?

Here's what BW needs to do IMHO (in order of importance):

1. Either merge servers or allow free transfers.

2. Allow full 8-player teams to queue for WZ.

3. Balance the classes, preferably without "rollercoaster" type of balancing this time.

4. Fix WZ bug that allows stelath cap in VoidStar.

5. Fix WZ bug that respawns people on the wrong side of the doors in VoidStar.

6. Fix WZ bug that causes people not to show up in ops frame

7. Fix WZ bug that causes people to respawn while still being "dead".

8. Fix the design issue with WZ queue that allows for uneven teams at the start of the match.

9. Fix the design issue with WZ queue that disbands original group after WZ.

Now thats what im talking about.

Ill add one again.

Get rid of same faction pvp unless you choose it :) I dont like to fight my friends and most of the time I will just let them win. Its no fun to fight your friends unless it a duel.

I would like to understand why this is the case. If anyone can help me out please do as it is a serious question. As a jedi guardian I feel confused. A sentinel can crush me everything, and they mitigate more dmg than I do, and Im a tank,

"Tank" characters are especially important in large group instances. A Tank's job is to stand before the group, using their abilities and high armor values to force a particular "mob" (or group of) to continue attacking the Tank, while other characters contribute to over all damage while not taking damage themselves. - http://geekdictionary.computing.net/define/tank

Got that from online. So we are the first line of defense, we are big damage absorbers. So how is it that a medium armored sentinel can mitigate more damage than I can? Also when it comes to dps, make a dps spec atleast viable. Decent amount of survivability with Vigilance, but I attack a healer, they can just sit there and have a convo with me while I attack them cause Im not really doing much (yes that has happened, healer just sat there and said hey, whats up? How was your evening while I am attacking all out.)

Focus can do more dmg, but were about as durable as wet toilet paper. Considering everything with guardians, I wonder why anyone even plays them.

Over view -

Tanks - Just takes a long time to kill them at some points but you will never kill anyone as a guardian tank. In a dps race a dps will always win no matter how many cool downs you use.

Vigil - good survivability, crap dmg.

Focus - Much better dmg and crits, but a strong wind could take us down.

Is there any objection to this thesis? Anyone have any input? And Bioware, do you have any intention of fixing guardian or will it just go to the way side as the least played spec in the game because its garbage?

1. Get world RVR (PVP) fixed asap. - I tend to be quiting due to this being gone. WZ are something to pass time, not grind 24/7.

2. merge servers / cross server ques - Would be better than waiting 30 minutes for a pop in prime time and facing the same premades daily.

3. if WZ are only fix, add atleast 5 new wz. 4 WZ are not enough and driving people mad.

4. shorten the life of Civil War and Novarre Coast - if you get doubled up, its over instead of waiting until the end. id rather just get it over and get in another one then waste my time sitting there.

5. FIX OPEN WORLD - this is still the most important. put something in similar to DAOC mixed with WAR but with a SWTOR touch. Or atleast bring Ilum back for us people that cant stand WZ grinding. Broken is better than nothing.

i am still going to watch the patch notes and have posted my suggestions to the devs. No responce in the email or the forum posts.

My time ends tonight and im done.

I have suggested and pleaded with the devs to no avail. It sickens me that a game that should be the most epic game of all time has fallen to BW. Why couldnt blizzard or some other team have picked up this game.

Sad to say but my hard earned dollars are going somewhere else. Looks like from the population that has happened already.

Like I said before Ill just go play with the giant gorrilla in the room (blizzard) and let BW sort out why they lost almost all their player base in 3 months.

Like I said it sickens me because I love Star Wars and thought this game would be soooo much more.

Hello warlock I havnt played since finishing cata content im back. Hope your shadow bolt still works

Still shocked that with all the threads talking about the same thing some of them started by me not one dev or admin has stepped in to post some "hey were working on it" things or any cheese to keep us fed. Ive seen better service from a dinner plate. Everyone should send a gracious email to the support team for wasting our money and time.

My suggestions:

1. The CC breakout ability when activated should not only break you free of any CC effect but, also provide a 5-6 second immunity to any CC after being activated. Snares included. Cool down should be at the most 1 minute cool down.

2. Valor lvl should continue to level regardless what lvl you are sub-50.

3. Higher XP for 1-49 WZs. IMO it should be at least 15k XP per 15 minute matches. I love leveling alts and I want to lvl them only in PvP while only completing class quests.

4. Side quests should be optional and provide incentives to the PvE'rs. Like unique items and gear. Strictly for cosmetic though.

Edited by Draeb

also, i was wondering how hard it would be to implement some sort of voice communication for wz teams.. you know... you load into a wz with andom people and your all connected to the same voice channel for the duration of that wz... once its over your disconnected....... i dunno just a thought on to improve teamwork....

1v1 duels? the first hundred on the ranking would be focus jugger / guardian :) It is not a bad idea though, the bioware would realize how bad they **** it up :)