Is my laptop good enough for TOR?

dapl

I jst got a new laptop, cuz my desktop was out of date from 2005 and ran like S*** with TOR like five frames a second at its peak and had an average of .7 frames a second, and got to level 4 with that before i had enough, just need this to run just llike 10 frames a second or 15 here are the specss, Presario CQ57 AMD C-50 proccesor, and don't know the rest

lol, thats all it says on the laptop

If thats all the data you got on the laptop you need to take it back to the store. I mean whats the Ram? Video card? I mean really? THey merely told you the processor and thats it?

Return it or give us the full specs so we can figure out how to help you or tell you a thumbs up.

Edited by Kindara

If thats all the data you got on the laptop you need to take it back to the store. I've never even heard of a c50 processor.

They exist. It's one of the AMD Fusion processors. Because it's an APU, it's pretty much guaranteed that the OP's laptop has onboard video rather than a dedicated graphics card... which is also why the game runs badly.

OP, you should probably do more research next time to make sure that the laptop you are getting is a good one for gaming.

Edited by Leadlian

They exist. It's one of the AMD Fusion processors. Because it's an APU, it's pretty much guaranteed that the OP's laptop has onboard video rather than a dedicated graphics card.

Ouch I'd take that back in a heart beat then..Onboard Video = Bad for any modern game.

Here mate do this for us so we can help, right click your "mycomputer" icon then hit properties, it should say on the first tab that comes up the specs like 3.2ghz, nvida 560gx, 5gb ram, something to that effect, give us that and we can evaluate it for you.

If thats windows xp 64 bit ... still either way..god 1ghz processor?! fraking return it at minimum today laptops come with what 2.4 - 3.0ghz. Either your not sure what your looking at, someone sold you used laptop, or you didn't buy a laptop but you bought one of those horrid notebooks for computer users that plan to do mostly just work and not much else.

I didn't even think stores sold less than 2.4 ghz duel / quad cores anymore.

If thats windows xp 64 bit ... still either way..god 1ghz processor?! fraking return it at minimum today laptops come with what 2.4 - 3.0ghz. Either your not sure what your looking at, someone sold you used laptop, or you didn't buy a laptop but you bought one of those horrid notebooks for computer users that plan to do mostly just work and not much else.

I didn't even think stores sold less than 2.4 ghz duel / quad cores anymore.

Lowest i saw at walmart was 2.2 intel netbook, but standard really is 2.6 now.

Walmart scorge of the universe is the last place on earth I'd buy something as important as a computer. Then agan I hardly consider netbooks computers...they're...more like really crappy attempts to combat ipads.

Aye, i build my own computers so i know what im getting but for some people those pos netbooks are all they need to access internet and facebook, and being around 150 bucks its much more affordable.