Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

TIL You can send your bound mods and armorings to alts

hmm...

will that work with any orange gear and not just the legacy orange gear? I ask because that stuff is expensive and social 1 gear is cheap and I don't have any lvl 50s but would still like to send mods to alts.

Legacy gear can be mailed back and forth to any character you have on that server. Social gear can not.

You only need 1 piece of 3 slot gear to transfer your mods. Just mail that one item back and forth until all the mods are moved.

Doing so end game can be very expensive though.

Legacy gear can be mailed back and forth to any character you have on that server. Social gear can not.

You only need 1 piece of 3 slot gear to transfer your mods. Just mail that one item back and forth until all the mods are moved.

Doing so end game can be very expensive though.

social wouldn't work cross faction I guess... is legacy gear the only thing that can go cross faction? I thought they opened up mailing anything to your alts... maybe I'm wrong.

But so long as it's orange and not bound then it should work within your faction right?

social wouldn't work cross faction I guess... is legacy gear the only thing that can go cross faction? I thought they opened up mailing anything to your alts... maybe I'm wrong.

But so long as it's orange and not bound then it should work within your faction right?

Putting a bound mod into an unbound orange binds the orange.

Nope, it will only work once if you put unbound mods in non legacy gear, because once the mods are taken out from the orange item by the reciever both the mods AND orange becomes bound. Within faction or not, same applies. You can however send your pub/imp alt unbound modded orange pieces to wear that arent legacy pieces. They just get bound to him when he uses them/strips the mods. As sson as you put bound mods into non-legacy oranges the orange gets bound.

With legacy pieces you can put in bound mods (pvp mods, out leveled mods, like you have a BH and want to start a trooper, strip the out leveled mods on your BH and put them in legacy armor and send it) then strip them on the alt who recieves them, then he can send back an empty legacy shell and have more mods sent over.

All you need is the cheapest piece of 3 slot legacy gear, like gloves or something from the legacy level 10 set.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Nope, it will only work once if you put unbound mods in non legacy gear, because once the mods are taken out from the orange item by the reciever both the mods AND orange becomes bound. Within faction or not, same applies. You can however send your pub/imp alt unbound modded orange pieces to wear that arent legacy pieces. They just get bound to him when he uses them/strips the mods. As sson as you put bound mods into non-legacy oranges the orange gets bound.

With legacy pieces you can put in bound mods (pvp mods, out leveled mods, like you have a BH and want to start a trooper, strip the out leveled mods on your BH and put them in legacy armor and send it) then strip them on the alt who recieves them, then he can send back an empty legacy shell and have more mods sent over.

All you need is the cheapest piece of 3 slot legacy gear, like gloves or something from the legacy level 10 set.

well... darn

and thanks for the info.

I see little reason to fix this.

Most of the mods are BoE in the first place - even the ones awarded via quests and commendations. As for the ones which are BoP, usually the gear they are in are obtainable only by specific classes (i.e. PvP gear), and unless your alt and main are of the same class then you won't benefit from it.

I suppose the only scenario in which this technique is useful is when you have a raiding main whose raid group is farming content with a lot of spare loot nobody wants, and a non-raiding alt also at level 50 who handles only dailies.

I see little reason to fix this.

Most of the mods are BoE in the first place - even the ones awarded via quests and commendations. As for the ones which are BoP, usually the gear they are in are obtainable only by specific classes (i.e. PvP gear), and unless your alt and main are of the same class then you won't benefit from it.

I suppose the only scenario in which this technique is useful is when you have a raiding main whose raid group is farming content with a lot of spare loot nobody wants, and a non-raiding alt also at level 50 who handles only dailies.

or if you plan on playing both imp/pub side and want to gear up easily.

hmm...

will that work with any orange gear and not just the legacy orange gear? I ask because that stuff is expensive and social 1 gear is cheap and I don't have any lvl 50s but would still like to send mods to alts.

No, it won't. I tried it. Legacy gear is the only way to do it. The reason is that BoE orange gear (non-legacy) becomes bound when you place a Bound Mod/Armoring/Enhancement into it.

It's costly as hell, but worth it for people trying to get gear on their alts.

I got 3 Rakata pieces and one Black Hole piece sent from my Sorc (which I hate playing) to my Assasin, because our server is so dead that I couldn't run enough Ops week to week to gear up.

However, be aware, it is costly. First you have to buy the Legacy gear, for each piece, let's say that's 100K average. Then you need to rip out the Modifications from the original item. For Rakata/BM that's 33K per armoring/mod/enhancement (~100K total), and I think 44K for Black Hole/Campaign/War Hero (~130K total). Now that that's done, you put it into the legacy item, mail it, but wait, then you have to take everything out AGAIN, unless you want to be wearing non-augmented cruddy looking orange legacy gear, and put them into something useful. That's ANOTHER 100K-130K you need to spend after sending it (depending on if they're level 58's or 61's).

That means, for just ONE piece of Rakata/BM you are trading between characters, your initial cost will be 100K+100K+100K=300K. For one piece. Unless you have a couple of million credits sitting around (some of us do), it is not recommended.

That's not EXACTLY true. You need to get the legacy item for the item you are trying to send over. The reason for this is because of the armoring.

E.g. You want to send your alt the Armoring, Mod & Enhancement from a Rakata Chest Piece. Well, the Armoring from the Chest piece cannot be placed in the Armoring Slot of a pair of Legacy Gloves.

Ripped out Chest Armoring needs to be placed into another Chest item.

Ripped out Glove Armoring needs to be placed into another Glove item.

Etc.

That's not EXACTLY true. You need to get the legacy item for the item you are trying to send over. The reason for this is because of the armoring.

E.g. You want to send your alt the Armoring, Mod & Enhancement from a Rakata Chest Piece. Well, the Armoring from the Chest piece cannot be placed in the Armoring Slot of a pair of Legacy Gloves.

Ripped out Chest Armoring needs to be placed into another Chest item.

Ripped out Glove Armoring needs to be placed into another Glove item.

Etc.

is that something added to high lvl mods? because low lvl armoring mods can be ripped out and placed in any orange gear with an armoring slot.

is that something added to high lvl mods? because low lvl armoring mods can be ripped out and placed in any orange gear with an armoring slot.

Yes, because the tier mods have the bonus stats tied to the mods, and need to be in specific slots to work. Mostly, it's to keep players from putting them in the wrong slot without realizing it and complaining they aren't getting the bonuses from the set.

I really don't see anything that needs to be fixed as it's a massive credit sink to remove the mods in the first place and the Legacy gear is really expensive, as well.

Edited by terminova

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.