Making dailies make sense.

TheSeventhJedi

Right now it seems that the best way to make money, get the best gear outside of HMs and Ops, and pretty much keep your character up to date, is the daily grind. Lots of people don't like to do the same quests over and over again, and it's showing.

However, I think that, in this game, the problem with dailies is made more obvious thanks to the story pillar. I've spent 50 levels living my Star Wars fantasy as a Jedi guarding peace and justice in the Old Republic, and now I go to Belsavis every day to ease some guy's conscience, collect more and more venom samples, and keep that beast in his pen? Hardly fitting for a Jedi of my caliber.

Here's my solution. LET ME KEEP LIVING MY STAR WARS FANTASY! How? CLASS dailies.

Hear me out on this. It wouldn't even be that hard to do. For Jedi classes, this is a no-brainer. The Jedi Council sends you on missions. Take down such and such a Sith Lord. Protect such and such. Mediate this or that. Make it random whenever possible. (The sith's name could change, and he could be on different planets each time or something.) For Troopers, similar situations would probably work. For Smugglers - let me smuggle! This one would be the easiest, because you wouldn't even need to do the voiceover work - mails make more sense! (You could probably get away with some text based orders from the Jedi Council as well, but there should be some VO once in a while.) Take item A, get it to place - don't get caught. Extra points for fewer confrontations - something like that.

BUT, we can even go one further! The VO is already in place to have each class sent on a flashpoint. Each week or something, have Grand Master Satele call me up on the holo and send me to do Mandalorian Raiders, or Directive 7, or any of them - solo. Create a level 50 weekly solo flashpoint difficulty that is only accessible when offered the quest so that people don't just farm one over and over. People who just want to experience the content will get to, making dead servers more bearable until they get sorted. But more than that, let those FPs drop Tionese gear (maybe only at the last boss) and a couple Columi comms. People will get to the point where they're interested in running them as a group more often because they'll feel more confident (they've got base level end-game gear,) and they're motivated to get more tokens to get even better gear. (Running a solo fp each week would take months to get one piece of gear.)

WAIT! There's even MORE! Daily MENTORING! It's been said that something like this is on the wall of crazy - make it a daily! As a Jedi Master, I should be on Tython once in a while. Honestly. Have the council call me back to do something with a padawan. Put the handicap on me so that we don't faceroll the content, and put a heroic on Tython that requires a mentor to participate in. People can see the various ACs before they choose one, new players get motivated to stick with it to become as awesome as I am, and everyone meets new people while getting their daily on.

Think about it BioWare - if dailies made sense, if they HELPED me live my Star Wars fantasy instead of being required to AFFORD it, scores more people per server would flock to them and participate willingly.

Edited by TheSeventhJedi

Great ideas! Would definitely like to see more variety and creativity in the dailies.

Out of the dailies we do have, I do like the Black Hole area (Empire side). Most of the missions are at least unique, whereas Ilum (and to a lesser extent Belsavis) dailies are not the most exciting.

Hello

I completely agree. For me it seems, that this game is mostly played by 2 kinds of guys. Those who like raiding/ops and has some friends to do it (15-20%), and story players or soloers (80-85%). If this game want to survive, then you have to concentrate these latter players.

As I see more and more MMOs realize the (only) potential in the casual players. A lot of players are willing to pay for some uber "mercenaries" or any other tool, to reach end game content, without 100hours of beggin others to help, or doing 100000 times the same quest for 487 hours to get the gear what needed to get a title or the other piece of gear. Nowadays these peple do not do this robot-like work, just leave the game. Do not let this happen, get the casuals, and short-time profile players/soloers! These guys give you the opportunity (and resources) to polish the group/raid content, if you want to keep that for the minority.

Serious problem that, till the PvP will not be balanced between imps/reps, there is absolutely no option at lvl50, only the dailies (as a rep player PvP is a REAL PAIN). If you want to keep, or even increase the number of players, find alternatives for solo players. Give the possibility to soloers to get end game content, gear, experience.

And there should be much more tutorials, reviews, and tips for players. As community diminishes, the information, and the experience of players are lost, you have to work on these things also.

Keep up the good job!

Give more end more possibilities to soloers pls :)

I definitely think you've got a point. I don't play this game because I like MMOs, I play the game because I like the game. I'm not looking for the next great raiding experience - I want what was promised me - the ability to live my Star Wars fantasy. Sorry hardcore raiding crowd, but if all you want to do is raid for hours a day all week long, this probably isn't the game for you. And it shouldn't be. BioWare knew it was going to attract a new audience with this game, now would be a great time to introduce things to keep them here.

That said, I believe my ideas might incentivize people like me to play more, and if more people are playing more, there will be more people to do that endgame content the hardcore crowd loves, and in the end, everyone's happy.

I like this idea. I would love to see an expansion of FPs and dailies, in terms of what they represent and how they operate. Like solo FPs (totally solo, without even companions), FPs for a single player and multiple companions, FPs for a full team of players plus a single companion each.

I would love to have daily/weekly class missions at endgame. It would give me a chance to hear my companions mouth off besides battle chatter (I'm very much missing Aric Jorgan's dry wit), and it would allow me to stay in touch with old NPC friends.

As a trooper (minor spoilers):

Maybe one week I'll be working with Jonas Balkar to assassinate an Imperial commander, maybe the next I'll be covering the Safecrackers while they breach an intelligence bunker. Maybe I'll be tagging along with the Deadeyes on a behind-enemy-lines operation, maybe General Garza just needs me to storm an Imperial cruiser and sabotage its control systems.

BOSS idea.

I would love to have daily/weekly class missions at endgame. It would give me a chance to hear my companions mouth off besides battle chatter (I'm very much missing Aric Jorgan's dry wit), and it would allow me to stay in touch with old NPC friends.

As a trooper (minor spoilers):

Maybe one week I'll be working with Jonas Balkar to assassinate an Imperial commander, maybe the next I'll be covering the Safecrackers while they breach an intelligence bunker. Maybe I'll be tagging along with the Deadeyes on a behind-enemy-lines operation, maybe General Garza just needs me to storm an Imperial cruiser and sabotage its control systems.

BOSS idea.

There's that too. I kinda miss some of my companions - I'd like to have a reason for them to keep hanging out on my ship.