Guild Funds? (taxes?)

Neik

Think you could implement a way to tax members of your guild to appropriate guild funds? This would make it easier to buy further guild tabs in the guild bank and support a guild bases economy in game. Just a thought... Edited by Neik
Guild Economy? (tax)

Guilds absolutely need taxation, and probably deserve an interest system that works to bring in a fraction based upon the amount in at the end of each week tick.

The taxation is simple; at the moment money depends on people donating out of charity, they have no reason to want money in the bank.

The interest wouldn't be game-breaking either - it would require cash to be left in the guild bank over time, and would only really begin to be effective when larger amounts were stored... But it'd also give A) guild banks some usage besides just a cash dump and B) encourage people to keep money in it as there's technically a reward.

I'm also amazed that the ledger lacks a week/all time total in/out/net section, and I have to look at each of my guildies' submissions individually to assess the cashflow this week.

Other desirable features include ability for Guild Leaders (and authorised officers) to send wires of cash from the bank-account to players in the guild (and similar restriction/limit options for the senders), and:

PUT GUILD BANKS ON PLANETS ALONG WITH CARGO FOR PEOPLE TO ACCESS!!! What use is having guild vaults and accounts set up if your players all have to endure multiple loading screens just to get to the fleet and run to the one single location to use the bank?

• 8 months later...
Not sure if the "tax" thing is the same as what I am thinking, but I know that in WoW, one of the guild "perks" is that you can fund the guild bank by looting dead bodies. So if I kill a mob and loot the bodies and get 100 creds, 10 creds go into the guild fund, but I still get my 100 credits. They really need something like that. I just got done doing a 5 hour "garage sale" on fleet to raise money to get our second guild bank tab. While it got kinda fun, it was also hectic. Although I think some people got some really good deals, especially the guy that bought the command throne from me....

I like the idea of a tax on the credits you gain from looting, most of your money is made from selling items and quest rewards anyway, so It shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Another thing I'd like to see implemented for guilds, is a guild group mailing system.

I would dearly love this as well. Could be done similar to the WoW system where the guild gets X% of the proceeds right off the top and the player gets less, or they get the full amount plus the guild gets some. Personally I wouldn't care if it reduced my rewards or not because about the only thing I use credits on is on gathering missions and repair bills anyway. And if they GB was actually gaining cash through the taxation system then we could turn on guild repairs.

• 1 month later...

I support this and many other ways to have better control over our guilds. :D

Ie: Guild Mail, Better Access to Control and Monitor Guild Bank - More locations to access guild banks, such as ship, planet side, places where you typically find cargo holds; the ability to see beyond two weeks ledger and logs, ability to name a successor, in the event there is a problem so it doesn't default to the wrong player (which has been reported problem in the past - locking rightful guild owners out of their own guilds), ability to assign a co-guildmaster, who can have as much or as little control over the guild bank functions as set by the guildmaster. I also think we should be able to see last log in time/date of guild members to monitor activities and participation. Also, I think guild leaders and designated officer should be allowed to toggle privacy features (set busy, away, do not disturb, etc - this would be helpful for players in general not necessarily just with guild - simple ignore feature is not enough nor is it always the appropriate setting). None of these suggestions are absolute or intended to be considered "set-in-stone" simply some ideas to consider.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...