Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vector - no children?

Ashu-ri

So I have Vector maxxed, I've gotten all of his love notes, and I have the bonus you get for maxing him and doing all the conversations with him. I don't remember a children conversation coming up. Could this be because of his status as a joiner and the Dawn Herald?

Heck, he placidly went along with it while I flirted with another man!

mine was fine being my best man at my 2nd wedding, honeymoon and all :cool:

someone else mentioned he might be sterile... but he does mention as far as recreational means at least, he's not affected. If it really was an issue, i'm sure lokin could work up some solution. maybe just a simple tweaking of hormones to get the little " swarm" in production again, forcing normal cells to split into gamete cells, or even just splicing the 2 dna sets and injecting them into an egg. gene manipulation is done in this timeframe it seems.

course in my head cannon..no help was needed at all >:3

well except for prenatal and all that

Yeah, the second wedding FREAKED ME OUT. I instantly sent a tell to another sniper, a 50, and said, I'm a bigamist now?????

But I'll always go home to Vector.

lmao i was literally * look at options..look at vector...look at options...look at vector* c'mon man.. speak up, bail me out! oh right....you like it when i value alien culture.... wait wait wait... now they want me to... ohh boy... i mean, i'm following tradition...and i got the poor kid's dad killed.... ohh honeybee why aren't you objecting o.o

i could not look him in the face for several irl days.

you KNOW with his senses, he could smell that voss all over me even if i showered for an hour.

i sung the song of shame

my sweet honeybee i so sorry, i owe you one T.T i'll let you go to your joiner orgies, i'll even let you mark temple's performance at seduction T.T

Yeah, the second wedding FREAKED ME OUT. I instantly sent a tell to another sniper, a 50, and said, I'm a bigamist now?????

...Nothing to do with Vector, but this was a great moment when I was leveling my Agent alongside my husband's. We were splitting up for class scenes, then meeting back up outside to do everything else together. So we're on Voss working through

the wedding, everything's peachy, and the girl Yana-Ton shyly brings up the topic of the Rite of Ardor. So I scoff "Rite of Ardor, real subtle, guys."

And my husband looks over. "What?"

Me: The Rite of Ardor. Is yours not offering one?

Him: No. Ceremony's over, we're done.

Me: Really? Wait, did you flirt with yours earlier?

Him: No!

Me: Oh. Um...I'll be a while.

Him: *facepalm* Ephemera!

Ridiculously awesome quest. Vector was good enough to stand witness. Just seemed happy to be around this cultural stuff :D

I wonder whether Vector maintains any of the usual human urge to reproduce? Doesn't seem as urgent if Killiks do the "a few individuals mate and lay a billion eggs" thing. Also, he has two full-time jobs. Seems stressful enough as is. And yet I bet he'd make a great father.

...Nothing to do with Vector, but this was a great moment when I was leveling my Agent alongside my husband's. We were splitting up for class scenes, then meeting back up outside to do everything else together. So we're on Voss working through

the wedding, everything's peachy, and the girl Yana-Ton shyly brings up the topic of the Rite of Ardor. So I scoff "Rite of Ardor, real subtle, guys."

Ridiculously awesome quest. Vector was good enough to stand witness. Just seemed happy to be around this cultural stuff :D

I wonder whether Vector maintains any of the usual human urge to reproduce? Doesn't seem as urgent if Killiks do the "a few individuals mate and lay a billion eggs" thing. Also, he has two full-time jobs. Seems stressful enough as is. And yet I bet he'd make a great father.

i still think it would be so cute, him getting all worked up about the tiny little aura inside you growing, and the start of a new song unto the universe.

i still think it would be so cute, him getting all worked up about the tiny little aura inside you growing, and the start of a new song unto the universe.

I don't play an Agent and I've never met Vector, but I awww'ed IRL at that idea.

My agent also didn't get the option. She flirted with him, but stopped when Vector expressed his mild displeasure. (It made her feel awful to make him feel bad, even if he was so gentle about conveying it. She found it to be very confusing, really, because that wasn't like her at all.) And then later she would have flirted more, but it didn't feel appropriate to her after she let his father die.) I was kind of upset about not having the chance, really. She probably would have gone through with it, the poor kid deserved something for all the trouble she had caused him. Instead, the ceremony was over and she was all, 'I was kind of hoping to have a honeymoon with my new husband,' and Phi-Ton was all, 'That is not why we did this.' Poor Livia, Voss lovins denied.

My agent also didn't get the option. She flirted with him, but stopped when Vector expressed his mild displeasure. (It made her feel awful to make him feel bad, even if he was so gentle about conveying it. She found it to be very confusing, really, because that wasn't like her at all.) And then later she would have flirted more, but it didn't feel appropriate to her after she let his father die.) I was kind of upset about not having the chance, really. She probably would have gone through with it, the poor kid deserved something for all the trouble she had caused him. Instead, the ceremony was over and she was all, 'I was kind of hoping to have a honeymoon with my new husband,' and Phi-Ton was all, 'That is not why we did this.' Poor Livia, Voss lovins denied.

yeah, i stopped when he actually said something, but eh...when the wedding came... i was so shocked he didnt object to the final part of the ceremony, i forgot to escape out XD

Maybe Vector equates "making babies" with "mating" in a way that mere recreational "activities" doesn't. Being an insect (at least mentally) he might be worried about the femme-agent killing him afterwords. I mean, that is a common event among insects after all.

I felt like one of my three love note allotments was wasted by Vector talking about Scorpio. Especially since I'm still in the "turn Scorpio into scrap metal first chance I get" phase of affection with her, lol. I'd much rather hear him talk about the chubby cheeked larva he'd like to have with his new queen, mhm. ;)

Ok, you guys are cracking me up. I hope Vector doesn't sit around worrying that my agent will devour him if she gets pregnant. :eek:

But yes, I was disappointed when he said he would "protect your legacy" instead of "our." Hmmm.

I hope the "Dawn Herald" doesn't have any special role in this "Dawn Rumble" :eek: If the Killiks come calling looking for Vector, I'm not answering the door...

And I really really wish that someone could tell us what REALLY happened at that Killik party. Vector says "you're doing well" but doing well at what?? Not freaking out at being surrounded by giant bugs?

Either way, I'm thinking I should be keeping Vector away from other joiners from now on.

I hope the "Dawn Herald" doesn't have any special role in this "Dawn Rumble" :eek: If the Killiks come calling looking for Vector, I'm not answering the door...

*announcer voice* LLLLETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!

Crezelle, how many Vector threads have you hijacked now? :D

...every single one, i hope

i just think, in my head cannon, every time things go down, the whole hive is left buzzing from the aftershock :cool:

edit, we should all take this to the Q&A maybe :o

so many femagents with ticking biological clocks want answers!

Edited by Crezelle

I thought it was a bit sad and unusual that Vector didn't speak of children at first, but upon thinking on it, I think its almost a bit more believeable. I mean, c'mon, you just got married...and you're a spy with a load of questionably trustworthy people on your crew...I think Vector, being wise for his years because of his merge, sees that this is the time to work for the agent and follow her dreams and lifestyle, that children can come later on.

I sometimes wonder if his 'child making essence' was taken from him, because I'm not sure what to make of this 'scenting the egg chamber' talk, you hear from time to time. That or you got all his essence in those 3 globes of bug milk, lol.

In all honestly, I think its possibly, he's just good with waiting to see what Lady Agent would like to do. He's quite laid back, no pressure.

And don't even get me started on Voss. I loathe everything about them, except their robes, lol. Thank the maker I didn't flirt with the Voss. I think my Vector was happy about that too, lol. :o

Edited by Lunafox

And I really really wish that someone could tell us what REALLY happened at that Killik party. Vector says "you're doing well" but doing well at what?? Not freaking out at being surrounded by giant bugs?

Either way, I'm thinking I should be keeping Vector away from other joiners from now on.

Especially giant bugs in the dark....

I do have to say, I was a little "awww" when my agent got the letter from her Voss husband today. No, I never flirted with him, and never did the deed, but it seemed to be a strangely formal love letter.

Edited by Ashu-ri

Oh my, some of you here are so, so naughty. :eek::D Thank goodness I wasn't eating or drinking anything at my computer.

sadly, your not the first that's made that immagery XD

...i still have mine tucked in a corner of my cargo bay >.>

No no no Crezelle! You are missing out. That bug milk was powerful stuff. I keep hoping that if I sweet talk him he'll give me some more. :o:cool: Does he give that to all agents or just female agents?

One of my favorite flirts actually (after the "rubbing forearms" one) is the second one you get with Vector, the bug milk one. It goes something like:

Female Agent: "Nothing like a little big milk to win a girl's heart."

Vector: "Actually, there's some truth to that among female Killiks, but I doubt you'd be interested in the details."

I laughed and then thought, "Try me. Now you've got me curious!"

So....what does that say about the fact that he was giving me bug milk? Hmmm?

Edited by CloudCastle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.