WoW still better.

ImAnArrows

WoW is still better. WoW is far more mythical & magical than SWTOR. It's also a much more straight forward game to play. I've got to level 20 Jedi Knight & honestly, I'm bored. At this stage now if your not in a group your screwed, you will quite simply get your arse handed to you, simple as that. I fed up of ******** about looking for a group to join.

WoW is also much better at creating a sense of adventure & discovery. Once you've been on anyone of the worlds in SWTOR, you've pretty much been on them all, they're all set out the same, everything's straight lines & square. Also the conversations (The movie cut-scene conversations), get really boring. I don't really listen or watch any of them, they really just annoy me now, I just want the damn mission & be off, all this ******** about choosing whether you say something stupid or you say something really stupid gets boring, especially when it's some dumb *** alien chatting some right **** that I don't even care about.

The enemies in SWTOR are also well out of sync, I've beaten Sith Lords in the story so far but I can't beat a group of marauding bikers because I'm not in a group???...Go figure.

Edited by ImAnArrows

I've got to level 20 Jedi Knight & honestly, I'm bored.

Once you've been on anyone of the worlds in SWTOR, you've pretty much been on them all, they're all set out the same, everything's straight lines & square.

So you've seen what, 3 planets?

Oh, ok. So you prefer wow. You've expressed why you don't like it, and thats fair.

Alright, have fun with magic, no storylines, no group content, no cool enemies, no awesome cutscenes, no extra stuff, no fun languages, and no race customization (with, ofcouse, the exception of pandas.)

I won't yell at you for being into boring stuff.

WoW is better? LMAO! You may like Warcraft more than Old Republic but it's still a crap game. I played Warcraft for a week and quit because it was crap, and this was last year. TOR isn't for you. Warcraft may be better for you so I don't blame you for going back. Don't say WoW is better, it's just better for you. If you don't like the voice acting, the conversation choices or the class story then that's on you. A thread like this is unecasarry. All it will do is bring out the Warcraft haters (like me. That game sucks so bad.) :D

WoW is still better. WoW is far more mythical & magical than SWTOR. It's also a much more straight forward game to play. I've got to level 20 Jedi Knight & honestly, I'm bored. At this stage now if your not in a group your screwed, you will quite simply get your arse handed to you, simple as that. I fed up of ******** about looking for a group to join.

WoW is also much better at creating a sense of adventure & discovery. Once you've been on anyone of the worlds in SWTOR, you've pretty much been on them all, they're all set out the same, everything's straight lines & square. Also the conversations (The movie cut-scene conversations), get really boring. I don't really listen or watch any of them, they really just annoy me now, I just want the damn mission & be off, all this ******** about choosing whether you say something stupid or you say something really stupid gets boring, especially when it's some dumb *** alien chatting some right **** that I don't even care about.

The enemies in SWTOR are also well out of sync, I've beaten Sith Lords in the story so far but I can't beat a group of marauding bikers because I'm not in a group???...Go figure.

Really. How interesting.

WoW is better? LMAO! You may like Warcraft more than Old Republic but it's still a crap game. I played Warcraft for a week and quit because it was crap, and this was last year. TOR isn't for you. Warcraft may be better for you so I don't blame you for going back. Don't say WoW is better, it's just better for you. If you don't like the voice acting, the conversation choices or the class story then that's on you. A thread like this is unecasarry. All it will do is bring out the Warcraft haters (like me. That game sucks so bad.) :D

Your absolutely right, it's not for me at all, & yes it has brought out the WoW haters, :p . Anyway at level 20, I know that's nowt compared to some, but I've given it chance.

Edited by Notannos
rude

Level 20? You're just barely getting warmed up. I have the exact opposite view. I was a die hard wow player but a few days with SWTOR and I don't even miss WoW. To each their own. To say it's better.. well maybe better for you. I know I won't ever go back to WoW.

Your absolutely right, it's not for me at all, & yes it has brought out the WoW haters, lol **** you all :p . Anyway at level 20, I know that's nowt compared to some, but I've given it chance.

I beg to differ...at level 20 you haven't given it a chance at all. You haven't even gotten thru chapter 1. I find the Sith Inquisitor story line fantastic

And please tell me how level 20 in WoW is any more interesting than leveling to 20 in SWToR. In fact having leveled one of each Horde class to 85 in game I can say that WoW is incredibly more boring over all with almost no story to speak of.

And as an added note..I don't hate WoW but probably won't return any time soon..

Panda Monks...Bleeeeh.

Edited by Angorak

Need a group? what for?? You need to just find ONE other person, thats it. And thats only for the Heroic 4s. Everything else can be done alone if you get the right gear and know when to use the right moves.

I'm lucky enough that my Brother can be online a couple of times a week, and we can catch up on any Heroic 4s we haven't been able to do. Not that you HAVE TO do any of it to progress through the game though.

That said, i really do hope they sort out the social aspect of this game so people get together more often.

1. World of Pandamon is about as mythical and magical as an empty shoebox, it's the ultimate casual press button for epics game out there, and its playerbase is deluding themselves drinking the blizzard koolaid into thinking otherwise. I played WoW for 6 months, got my level 80 (which was cap at the time) in less than half that time, and promptly got so bored with the game I went to FTP mmo's for awhile to see what a challenge was.

2. Bioware was straightforward about what this game was going to be about: story, the entire game is about the players story and they've gone to extreme lengths to make sure that the player progression is all about the story they crafted. It's not for everyone, obviously you are in that minority based on your own comments.

3. The entire point of your post seems to be a centered around the fact that you can't get a group, and you are frustrated that you can't 1 button faceroll with your primary attack and your training saber equipped. Jedi Knights don't receive their healing companion as early as Sith Warriors do, so you have to play more tactically and use your companions more efficiently to solo, which even at level 20 should still be a breeze unless you're attacking elites all the time.

4. This game isn't perfect, but it's not a trainwreck of a disaster like the forum whiners make it out to be, see Aion if you want a disaster.

I'm a Jedi Shadow and level 34/35 and just finished Alderaan and I have yet to meet a elite boss in my story I wasn't able to handle as long as I kept my gear and my companions gear updated.

As far a groups if I need something done I have a guild with people I know that will help. Flashpoints and heroics are suppose to be harder because they are meant to be done as a group. They designed the game where you actually have to learn which skills to use on which enemies. Not all skills will work on different enemies.

I have a lvl 22 Jedi Knight, I don't need a group because I smash everything in my way. I think that class is op! Maybe you just don't like the class, period. Play something else.

This game is not for you. not every game will appeal to everyone. go back to WoW and enjoy

I played WoW for 5 years, with my family for 3 of those years.

When they introduced "cookie-cutter" talent trees (can only spec in one talent tree) to balance out the PvP for Cataclysm, we left with great sadness, as we didn't wish to be forced to play our classes only one way.

WoW lost about 4 million subs after Cataclysm. 10x more than SWTOR has lost.

The players who left this game are children with no patience. Every MMO I played from start date was either unplayable due to bugs, or servers would keep crashing for no reason.

I've already lvl'd a toon to 50, and am now working on 5 other toons simultaneously.

If you don't have the patience to let Bioware fix the game, then go be fickle in another MMO, I'm sure your complaints are sorely needed there as well.

I've beaten many, many Sith Lords and yet a malfunctioning maintenance droid killed me lol Who, I say who, equips a maintenance droid with a weapon? Not just a single weapon either, oh no! It conventionality had a melee and ranged weapon :D

Speaking of Sith Lords! Why aren't they out running errands for cowardly Imperial Officers like the players who rolled a Sith instead of aggravating me in my story? :rak_02:

Oh and one more thing; why can't I travel along the road without running into countless mobs standing right smack-dab in the middle of said road? LOL

Dude are you high???? You must be a Bloodelf in WoW. I have played warcraft series since it first game out. It was all good till BC when they started screwing with the lore little here little there and finally got to point where it doesn't even make any sort of sense anymore.

Leveling SWTOR is way more riveting than WoW. Only time I had enjoy leveling was from 80-85 rest of it was pretty borning.

To be honest is a matter of taste, the leveling is way better in swtor. I recently try the WOw trial promotion until vl 20, and i couldnt get past starting area just did 5 or 6 quests, and i was bored of it.

SWtor yes can be repetitive, but at least the lvling experience is good and fun.

about the marauding bikes... your statment only show syour ignorance im afraid, i think wow has heroics too.

I've beaten many, many Sith Lords and yet a malfunctioning maintenance droid killed me lol Who, I say who, equips a maintenance droid with a weapon? Not just a single weapon either, oh no! It conventionality had a melee and ranged weapon
well force users are way overated. In star wars universe a force user does not equal a win every time. Edited by Spartanik

1. World of Pandamon is about as mythical and magical as an empty shoebox, it's the ultimate casual press button for epics game out there, and its playerbase is deluding themselves drinking the blizzard koolaid into thinking otherwise. I played WoW for 6 months, got my level 80 (which was cap at the time) in less than half that time, and promptly got so bored with the game I went to FTP mmo's for awhile to see what a challenge was.

2. Bioware was straightforward about what this game was going to be about: story, the entire game is about the players story and they've gone to extreme lengths to make sure that the player progression is all about the story they crafted. It's not for everyone, obviously you are in that minority based on your own comments.

3. The entire point of your post seems to be a centered around the fact that you can't get a group, and you are frustrated that you can't 1 button faceroll with your primary attack and your training saber equipped. Jedi Knights don't receive their healing companion as early as Sith Warriors do, so you have to play more tactically and use your companions more efficiently to solo, which even at level 20 should still be a breeze unless you're attacking elites all the time.

4. This game isn't perfect, but it's not a trainwreck of a disaster like the forum whiners make it out to be, see Aion if you want a disaster.

I respect what your saying & yes I am frustrated with getting my ar se handed to me, Im seriously ****ed off with blowing all my credits repairing my gear, but your wrong I just wanna click auto attack & sit back, I do play the game tactically using certain abilities at certain times in the battle but this isn't Command & Conquer, you can pretty much tell in the first 8 seconds whether or not you stand a chance, maybe you guys have an extra (Beat the **** out of ANY bad guy) button, some people on here are saying, "I blast through any enemies no problem on my own", maybe that's testosterone fueled rubbish or they're just tryna make me look an idiot. I'm simple at a stage where I can't progress unless I'm in a group, or with another player. I honestly don't want to be in a group of any size most of the time.

Edited by Notannos
language, no warning

if you like wow more, thats awesome and fair , but please dont try to give a opinion when you have only reach level 20, if you want people be fair with you and respect your opinion, you must do the same, next time when you want to post something like this, make sure you are level cap and you did some pvp/OP, then your opinion and credibility may be some what valid, not this mockery of joke you pull out of your.... mind!

I respect what your saying & yes I am frustrated with getting my ar se handed to me, Im seriously ****ed off with blowing all my credits repairing my gear, but your wrong I just wanna click auto attack & sit back, I do play the game tactically using certain abilities at certain times in the battle but this isn't Command & Conquer, you can pretty much tell in the first 8 seconds whether or not you stand a chance, maybe you guys have an extra (Beat the **** out of ANY bad guy) button, some people on here are saying, "I blast through any enemies no problem on my own", maybe that's testosterone fueled rubbish or they're just tryna make me look an idiot. I'm simple at a stage where I can't progress unless I'm in a group, or with another player. I honestly don't want to be in a group of any size most of the time.

On which planet are you currently?

Edited by Notannos
language in quote

Why do we have dumb-*** arguments and comparisons like this.

Screw fairies or elves or bountyhunters...and all that crap.

Give me a game to play where content is rich,fun, engaging,entertaining.

I don't care if it's a figment of a monkeys imagination, if it's engaging and can keep my attention and occupy my time, I'll play it.

All this fantasy vs star wars etc etc..it's all *********** FANTASY!! GET IT!

WoW or SWTOR should not be compared based on whether it's a fantasy and whether one has more believable characters etc.etc. It's content...it's the things that keep you indulged.

You can have an unbelievably good story, yet if you make the game sh#itty and shallow, you'll have nothing.

I don't care if I'm playing with orcs or sith's, if i run out of **** to do, I run out of **** to do. End of story.

WoW has done the content part extremely well.

SWTOR hasn't(or maybe hasn't done it YET).

People are not leaving because they rather play with an orc or elf or whatever, they are leaving because it's boring.

Edited by Notannos
language