Help me find some armor

Philosomanic

I'm picky about how I look in-game. I've put quite a lot of work into looking for rifles, and I've found a few that I'm happy with. Now I just need some armor. There are plenty of options for legs, feet, hands that all look essentially the same (with Unify to Chest on), so I'm not worried about that. I also already have a cool helmet, so that's taken care of. However, I really need to find a good chestpiece. I'm currently using a decent one, but I'm not a fan of the way colors unify. The chestpiece is white, but it makes everything else you wear bluish-grey, and it just doesn't match. Here's what I'm looking for:

• Moddable. Obviously.
  • No backpack. I hate backpacks with a passion. They stretch really strangely when you run, and as a Vanguard that relies on mobility I'd never weigh myself down with one.
  • Thick armor. I don't want some of the lower-level stuff that had wimpy shoulderpads (with little... hooks?) or cloth. I want something that a trooper could actually wear into a melee and survive in.
  • Black/White or camo. I would prefer something with black/grey/white, but camo is also acceptable if it looks good. The point is that I'm not painting myself red or orange to make a nice target for the enemy.
  • Unifies well. I want it to look good if you unify to chest. My current armor would be great if the rest of the armor matched, but in stead I'm wearing blue-grey armor with a bright white chestplate, which bugs me.

Can you guys help me out?

Well It sort of depends on your level... like Balmorrean Infantry Armor is a nice black and white and unifies good, AND it looks trooper--ish, but it won't really help you if you're level 50 or so...

Well It sort of depends on your level... like Balmorrean Infantry Armor is a nice black and white and unifies good, AND it looks trooper--ish, but it won't really help you if you're level 50 or so...

That's why I specified that it be moddable armor. I'm not interested in anything I'm going to have to throw away later.

Sounds like you want the Phobium Onslaught Chestguard.

Orange lvl35, crafted by an armormech (so it can be crit crafted).

It is white/grey in color.

But it doesn't unify well. Any piece you unify to it gets grey as it's primary color instead of white. So you have a white chest piece with grey pants and helmet etc. It really sucks.

I currently have the RD-17a Phalanx set. It's primarily khaki green with some grey and brown. EVERY SINGLE PIECE is moddable, and they're all world drops. Your GTN should have a lot of the pieces, if you're willing to spend a small fortune on the bracers and belt.

That said, it does have a backpack. BUT: it's mounted higher up the back so it doesn't actually deform as you run!

Yeah, Phobium Onslaught was what I was using at the time of this post. It's decent, but I hate how everything is grey except your chest.

I think my problems have actually been solved, though. I've wanted the Commando Elite Chestguard for ages, but I've never been able to find the schematic or actual chestguard on the GTN, and none of the crafters I've asked have had the schematic. However, I finally found a guy who would make it for me and it looks REALLY cool.

Surprisingly, it doesn't unify to black and white. It actually unifies to white, black, and gold. This means that a lot of my gear now has gold trim. It's a really, really cool look, and I actually feel like an officer now. I'll post a screenshot when I get home.

I know this is craftable, but for some reason I cannot find the schematic on the GTN. The player who made it for me is the only person I've found who had it, out of lots of crafters, and he couldn't remember where he'd gotten it. Anyone know the trick to getting it? I'd really like to try to get the schematic for my companions and try for an augmented version.