How Crafting works

SeaFour

I have scavenging and slicing as my skills and they are both at level 400 max'd out. However, My armstech is at 75 and I can't buy any more armstech skills until I get to 80. I have a ship storage full of materials but no material left for the low level stuff. Do I have to go back to low level planets to scavenge for low grade materials just to get over the level 80 hump or is there another way. BTW, I am a Trooper and just turned level 50 on Corellia.

I have scavenging and slicing as my skills and they are both at level 400 max'd out. However, My armstech is at 75 and I can't buy any more armstech skills until I get to 80. I have a ship storage full of materials but no material left for the low level stuff. Do I have to go back to low level planets to scavenge for low grade materials just to get over the level 80 hump or is there another way. BTW, I am a Trooper and just turned level 50 on Corellia.

There are three ways you can get those materials.

First is the obvious one, which you already mentioned. Go to lower level planets and scrounge up the materials yourself.

Second, you can have your companions do the work for you. Go into your Crew Management menu, have them go on a scavenging mission of the appropriate level for the materials you want (check the level of the weapon/barrel you want to make, and go on a mission that level falls under).

Third, you can buy the materials from other players. Either use the GTN or talk to people, and see what you can get. This is the only way you'll be able to get the materials you need for the blue or purple quality items you can make, without replacing scavenging or slicing for investigation.

But, in the end, you do need to find a way to get the materials to get over your hump, sorry.

If you have the related gathering missions you can send your crew out to gather for you.

Every crafting skill has a primary gathering skill and a secondary one. The primary one is used to make greens, blues and purples. The secondary one is only used to make blues and purples.

And the fastest way to level crafting is just to make greens. They only take a couple minutes to make.

There is another way.

Reverse Engineer items for scraps.

Unless you have an alt in Underworld Trading ( I think that is right) or purchase the materials off the GTN, you will not be able to craft Blue/Purple/Orange items.

Greetings SeaFour!

We just wanted to let you know of some great resources located in our Crew Skills forums that may be of assistance to you. You can find these in our Crew Skills Guide Directory which is a directory of community member created guides. The following guides may be of particular help:

We hope this helps! :)

Greetings SeaFour!

We just wanted to let you know of some great resources located in our Crew Skills forums that may be of assistance to you. You can find these in our Crew Skills Guide Directory which is a directory of community member created guides. The following guides may be of particular help:

We hope this helps! :)

Not discounting your help, but your links do not help this guy out in answering his OP question. Too much of a canned response.

Dude, if you need more help, send me a tell, I'll help square you away.

Crafting confused me alot, and it still does, I have Artifice and it is my understanding you only have to know how to craft a few items to boost your skill. Once your skill is high enough you can learn different things. Once you learn an item you have to reproduce it several times and then REVERSE ENGINEER the item (over and over), which will eventually increase your ability to produce a higher quality item, hence;

the green

the blue

the purple quality

at least I think thats how it works

to get more materials i send my crew out on different level missions to collect things, I have treasure hunting and archelogy, if you look at your crew list (the diamond) it has a drop down list that allows you ro select which level to gather. if you hover over an item, like for me it is usually crystals and it tells me what level the item it is and that lets me know what level a mission to send my crew out on.

here is a site that explains better than I can

http://www.starwarstor-guides.com/armstech.htm

I hope that helps a little

good luck

Edited by KarterJK

Yeah you either have to go to lower level planets and gather everything yourself, or you can send your companions on missions to gather the stuff for you, or you can buy the materials on the GTN. So just pick any of the three, whichever suits you better and go crafting.

Yeah you either have to go to lower level planets and gather everything yourself, or you can send your companions on missions to gather the stuff for you, or you can buy the materials on the GTN. So just pick any of the three, whichever suits you better and go crafting.

This situation will also come up a lot if you have a high level crafter and you start crafting stuff for a new alt. You can run out of the lvl 1 and 2 material. I just do a farming run. My artiface is lvl 47 and he'll go to the bog on Drumond Kaas or the Balmoria Arms Factory and just blow things away and collect crystals and fragments. One side benefit is at the end of a plant's quest chain the are usually MOBs that drop blue/orange loot, which you can give to the alt or sell for some credits.

Edited by Owsley

Thanks, I forgot about sending companions and I didn't know I could send them on lower level runs. There are also around 4 datacrons on lower planets that had big bad guys near them that I need to go and get. Thanks again for everyones help.

Thanks, I forgot about sending companions and I didn't know I could send them on lower level runs. There are also around 4 datacrons on lower planets that had big bad guys near them that I need to go and get. Thanks again for everyones help.

No problem! By the way, if you haven't figured it out yet, to switch to lower level missions you need to click on the little drop box in the upper right corner of the gathering/mission window.

May the Force be with you!

Edited by dosadnik

Your problem lies in your choice of gathering skills. Slicing is useless for Armor and Armstech. For Armor you need underworld, and for arms you need investigation.

Not true. Slicing gets you parts for Augments that both armormech and armstech can make. Also Slicing returns schematics that includes those crew skills.

Your problem lies in your choice of gathering skills. Slicing is useless for Armor and Armstech. For Armor you need underworld, and for arms you need investigation.

Those skills are not needed at all for leveling up crafting.

They give materials needed for blue and purple gear.

You can however level up crafting with crafting only green items

and scavenging alone is enough to get mats for that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.