The Force Unleashed: Discrepancy

LeeC

Well I finally got around to playing the force unleashed and it was a fun and interesting adventure but there are a couple of discrepancies I have and wanted to know if anyone in the community has the same feelings. There will be spoilers.

1) I find that the rebel alliance could not begin without vader's apprentice (through vader's/emperor's direction) to really dull the alliance. The fact that like minded senators couldn't organize something themselves and that people were not willing to fight until the ones they are fighting organize them is lame. The rebel alliance is now the emperor's home grown army to reveal his enemies? That's nothing like the emperor's other home grown army to gain power...

I liked it better knowing that people were just fed up with the empire's crap and rebelled, but now its like the emperor created his own insurgencies against himself intentionally. They could have had Starkiller infiltrate the rebel alliance instead of create the alliance and i would have been better.

2)Bail Organa being captured by Vader makes no sense with episode IV. Vader knew Bail in the clone wars. He can recognize him. So having him captured would then lead to the his arrest and his family's arrest on Alderaan. Not to mention a rule of Tarkin on the planet immediately. In fact, that would go for all the senators in the room. Granted it is possible Vader may not have met Mon Mothma or Bel Garm Iblis, but the emperor was in politics and would have known them (they all were still serving back in ep III).

Vader could have captured Mon Mothma instead of all the senator's as Mon Mothma was the head of the rebel alliance and it would not have messed with the continuity of the movies or the gameplay. Hell have Kota be captured too to keep the ending.

3) Was making the symbol of the rebel alliance Starkiller's family crest necessary?

You know there's a sequel, right? The Force Unleashed two. In any case, I kind of agree with you about the origins of the Rebel Alliance. Though, it is ironic that the Emperor/Vader's plot did ultimately lead to the Empire's destruction.

Not sure if anything in TFU messes with continuity - there are years between TFU and A new Hope. Also, there is the Force Unleashed II (and probably III at some point, as the ending of TFU II would mess with continuity.

As for the Alliance's symbol, it was interesting to find out what it was and where it came from, but I'd rather not have known at all.

Overall, I enjoyed both of the Force Unleashed games (and novels) and replay them once in a blue moon. However, I think that many fans disliked the fact that they had a somewhat profound impact on the story of Star Wars (especially the Original Trilogy).

1. Rebellion cells were already out and about doing damage to the Empire, so Rebellion was already going on even without Galen. This is why Vader/Palpatine wanted to unite all the enemies of the Empire and form a Rebellion, so that they could all be caught at once(and they were all caught at once) to end the Rebellion before it ever began.

2. By ANH, the Emperor had dissolved the senate so finding them wasn't going to be an easy task nor worth the resources with the Rebellion going on, so blowing up Alderaan was better then searching for one guy.

3. Eh, I never had a problem with it. I mean the symbol had to come from somewhere.

To answer your spoilers:

1) I find that the rebel alliance could not begin without vader's apprentice (through vader's/emperor's direction) to really dull the alliance. The fact that like minded senators couldn't organize something themselves and that people were not willing to fight until the ones they are fighting organize them is lame. The rebel alliance is now the emperor's home grown army to reveal his enemies? That's nothing like the emperor's other home grown army to gain power...

Actually the Allieance was begining...well the idea that is. IF you are just talking about that game ( PLEASE READ THE BOOKS TOO) Vader/Emperor's plan was simple and mentioned in the game in general; root out the Rebels and kill them. Galen Marek was just the tool to jumpstart the Rebellion.

I liked it better knowing that people were just fed up with the empire's crap and rebelled, but now its like the emperor created his own insurgencies against himself intentionally. They could have had Starkiller infiltrate the rebel alliance instead of create the alliance and i would have been better.

Starkiller/Galen Marek DID infiltrate the Alliance. Remember when Vader had an armada above Ren Var where the Rebellion was about to form in the first try?

2)Bail Organa being captured by Vader makes no sense with episode IV. Vader knew Bail in the clone wars. He can recognize him. So having him captured would then lead to the his arrest and his family's arrest on Alderaan. Not to mention a rule of Tarkin on the planet immediately. In fact, that would go for all the senators in the room. Granted it is possible Vader may not have met Mon Mothma or Bel Garm Iblis, but the emperor was in politics and would have known them (they all were still serving back in ep III).

That was the only part that made no continuality sense I must agree.

Vader could have captured Mon Mothma instead of all the senator's as Mon Mothma was the head of the rebel alliance and it would not have messed with the continuity of the movies or the gameplay. Hell have Kota be captured too to keep the ending.

Well at that momoent the actual leader wasn't certain from the Empire's point of view.

3) Was making the symbol of the rebel alliance Starkiller's family crest necessary?

It had no origin, it seemed like a nice little thing. Nothing kills that symbol because of this; infact I love the symbol more sinse TFU I.

Edited by Eillack

2. By ANH, the Emperor had dissolved the senate so finding them wasn't going to be an easy task nor worth the resources with the Rebellion going on, so blowing up Alderaan was better then searching for one guy.

The senate wasnt dissolved for another 2-3 years after they caught Bail. They could have dispatched a fleet to aldeaan and arrested the family.

Eillack: It didnt ruin the symbol or anything it just seemed like a little tidbit that wasnt necessary or integral to the story.

Edited by LeeC
Responding to a post.

The senate wasnt dissolved for another 2-3 years after they caught Bail. They could have dispatched a fleet to aldeaan and arrested the family.

Why would they arrest the entire family when it was just Bail who was an enemy? There was no proof, that the entire Organa family knew about Bail's actions, arresting the family would just be plain stupid. Besides blowing up the planet, was better then spending resources just to arrest them. Arresting the family, that ruled the planet would just cause an uproar anyway and get more people to side with the Rebellion.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Why would they arrest the entire family when it was just Bail who was an enemy? There was no proof, that the entire Organa family knew about Bail's actions, arresting the family would just be plain stupid. Besides blowing up the planet, was better then spending resources just to arrest them. Arresting the family, that ruled the planet would just cause an uproar anyway and get more people to side with the Rebellion.

Its the empire, arresting the entire family for questioning would have been par for the course. As for proof, we have the emperor and his right hand man along with soldiers as witnesses to Bail and other's insurrection, not to mention aiding a known rebel (Kota)

Why would they arrest the entire family when it was just Bail who was an enemy? There was no proof, that the entire Organa family knew about Bail's actions, arresting the family would just be plain stupid.

Sounds like someone is woefully under-educated about the terror tactics common to evil monolithic governments.

Its the empire, arresting the entire family for questioning would have been par for the course. As for proof, we have the emperor and his right hand man along with soldiers as witnesses to Bail and other's insurrection, not to mention aiding a known rebel (Kota)

Yes Bail, but again the entire Organa family wouldn't know anything. So arresting the entire family would cause 2 things to happen.

1. Would be a waste of time.

2. An uproar on Alderaan would go on, at the arrest of the leading family this would spur some nobles to seek out the Rebellion and offer their wealth in funding the Rebels because the Empire had arrested the family for no apparent reason.

Yes Bail, but again the entire Organa family wouldn't know anything. So arresting the entire family would cause 2 things to happen.

2. An uproar on Alderaan would go on, at the arrest of the leading family this would spur some nobles to seek out the Rebellion and offer their wealth in funding the Rebels because the Empire had arrested the family for no apparent reason.

Again this is the empire, the government that captured an alderaanian vessel containing princess leia and made it send a fake distress signal that all aboard were killed. Murdered farmers and traders who were associated with droids containing government secrets. It would have been par for the course for them to arrest bail at the very least and question his family/employees to see if they had any knowledge or dealing with the terrorists.

Still not getting it, I see.

1) It's not a waste of time. You arrest someone's entire family and you gain a powerful advantage over them, to the tune of "Tell us what we want to know or we execute them" or "You want to play rebel? Please, watch as we torture your youngest child to death."

2) The number of nobles defecting to the rebellion wouldn't be that large, and the Empire's intelligence service would be watching for turncoats at that point. Most people would be thinking "Gee, i really don't want to have to watch my children being tortured to death in front of a live studio audience, think I'll keep my mouth shut and just support the empire after all".

For every person advocating change, there's dozen who prefer things stay as they are. And when change means opposing an empire that can just park a couple of destroyers in orbit and blast your entire society into non-existence, or a little later on just destroy the entire planet in one go...

@Vorgrumm : Ootini! :jawa_smile:

During the entire apprehension of the rebels Proxy did turn off the hologram of Leia to protect her, but all I can think of is "Bail's and Mothma arecaught, this throws episode 4 and 6 out the window!"

Still not getting it, I see.

1) It's not a waste of time. You arrest someone's entire family and you gain a powerful advantage over them, to the tune of "Tell us what we want to know or we execute them" or "You want to play rebel? Please, watch as we torture your youngest child to death."

2) The number of nobles defecting to the rebellion wouldn't be that large, and the Empire's intelligence service would be watching for turncoats at that point. Most people would be thinking "Gee, i really don't want to have to watch my children being tortured to death in front of a live studio audience, think I'll keep my mouth shut and just support the empire after all".

For every person advocating change, there's dozen who prefer things stay as they are. And when change means opposing an empire that can just park a couple of destroyers in orbit and blast your entire society into non-existence, or a little later on just destroy the entire planet in one go...

1. I really doubt, Bail would just hand his family over to be arrested seeing as he was on Alderaan.

2. I don't think they would be stupid enough, to just leave their family if they decided to join the Rebellion. They more then likely, would just move their families some place safe where the Empire can't get to them or just ignores them all together.

3. None of this really matters, because the planet, along with Bail and everyone was killed anyway when the Death Star blew up Alderaan.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It does matter

First off they targeted Alderaan in ep 4 because Leia was involved in the rebellion. If 3 years prior they found out the Organa family was involved in the rebellion, arrested them, and have the moff declare martial law and lock down Alderaan, it would have not been targeted by Tarkin to intimidate Leia to reveal the secret rebel base.

Remember this is no longer a republic, this is a fascist empire! The emperor make the rules and has the ability to enforce his will.

Bail handed his family over to Imperial Intelligence when he was captured. If a known terrorist is captured, the ruling country (in this case a fascist dictatorship with secret policy, ergonomic chairs, and genocidal troops) will contact and question those people associated with them. Sure Bail is a public figure but if you find out the Public figure was a terrorist then propaganda can easily manipulate the masses in making him a social pariah.

Edited by LeeC

It does matter

First off they targeted Alderaan in ep 4 because Leia was involved in the rebellion. If 3 years prior they found out the Organa family was involved in the rebellion, arrested them, and have the moff declare martial law and lock down Alderaan, it would have not been targeted by Tarkin to intimidate Leia to reveal the secret rebel base.

Remember this is no longer a republic, this is a fascist empire! The emperor make the rules and has the ability to enforce his will.

Bail handed his family over to Imperial Intelligence when he was captured. If a known terrorist is captured, the ruling country (in this case a fascist dictatorship with secret policy, ergonomic chairs, and genocidal troops) will contact and question those people associated with them. Sure Bail is a public figure but if you find out the Public figure was a terrorist then propaganda can easily manipulate the masses in making him a social pariah.

Actually Tarkin still would, because the Empire still would have to find the rebel base. So why wouldn't he still intimidate Leia into revealing where the base is?

She would have already been arrested 3 years prior and would not have known where the rebel base is because she would have been in jail/executed and not with the rebels when they moved there.

Because she wasn't during the period of the force unleashed. The entire time of the rebellion before she was captured in Ep4 she was thought to just be a politician that worked for her father in the senate. By having that connection she was able to feed strategic data to the rebellion by wearing a mask of being an imperial politician.

With my hypothetical above alderaan would not have been targeted because she was arrested 3 years because of TFU

@LeeC Utinni! :jawa_biggrin:

Episode 6 wouldn't necessarily be out of the question, since the Emperor was the one who wanted the rebels to attack the second death star. He ordered the 'secret' location leaked so that he could draw the rebellion out into a final battle where his overwhelming forces could easily crush them.

In retrospect, not one of his brightest ideas...

Let's not forget, guys, that Alderaan wasn't destroyed just for Leia's sake. It was also used as a demonstration of the Emperor's new toy, as a threat to the rest of the galaxy.

If you remember, Tarkin ordered it destroyed even after Leia supposedly revealed the location of the secret rebel base; when she cries out, he replies with 'You're far too trusting. Besides, Dantooine is to remote for an effective demonstration, but don't worry, we'll deal with your rebel friends soon enough." (more or less, can't remember the actual lines) Then, later on when they find that the rebel base on Dantooine had been abandoned for years, Tarkins seems genuinely surprised that Leia had lied.

"Not after we demonstrate the power of this battle station. In a way, you have determined the choice of the planet that is to be destroyed first. Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, I have chosen to test this station's destructive power on your home planet of Alderaan." Tarkin

Because if they did not the other family members would use that as political leverage to get more followers, if they arrested the whole family they could make it look like they were captured or killed by a third party. Then the emperor would be free to discipline them as he saw fit.

Galactic politics 101 people.

Because if they did not the other family members would use that as political leverage to get more followers, if they arrested the whole family they could make it look like they were captured or killed by a third party. Then the emperor would be free to discipline them as he saw fit.

Galactic politics 101 people.

couldnt have said it better myself.

subjugation 101 too.

Again proof is not needed. He is the emperor, he controls the courts, the secret police, etc.