Reasons why Mercenary belongs in game

Mandalorian story line is very exciting.

Epic foes that require bounty hunting skills and tactics to overcome.

Realistic star wars environments that put you in the bounty hunter character.

Companions with exciting stories help you on bounty hunting quests.

Scenes right out of historical battles.

Unguided mission system gives the bounty hunter freedom while questing.

Character development and story choices that really matter to bounty hunter questing

Knowledgeable players to help to help you along the way.

Stunning armor sets, weapons, and movements.

These are just a few of the reasons why i enjoy the bounty hunter as implemented by bioware developers. Does anyone else want to share why they enjoy or dislike bounty hunter?

I agree with every point you make, except the one I've quoted.

I'd like to see more people in the merc healing community being helpful, and less being pessimistic.

In terms of adding my own bullet points to your list, I enjoy the following elements:

1) Rockets.

2) Not having to use a glowbat.

3) Duel-wielding blasters is boss.

4) You get to shoot your friends to heal them. (Only borderlands did this better, it's very therapeutic)

I'd like to see more people in the merc healing community being helpful, and less being pessimistic.

In terms of adding my own bullet points to your list, I enjoy the following elements:

1) Rockets.

4) You get to shoot your friends to heal them. (Only borderlands did this better, it's very therapeutic)

Thanks for the additional points. All very true.

So are we listing reasons why mercs should be in the game now because the list is shorter than listing all the complaints?

I agree that Merc has some serious issues. The purpose of this thread is to point out some of the good in addition to the litany of complaints.

The reason why mercs are in the game is simple, Lvl one to 50 find out how crapola they are in pvp then reroll. they are time sink killers but force you to reroll and lvl another class to 50. Either then that they make good toilet paper for the president and ceo of Bioware/EA

Mandalorian story line is very exciting.

Epic foes that require bounty hunting skills and tactics to overcome.

Realistic star wars environments that put you in the bounty hunter character.

Companions with exciting stories help you on bounty hunting quests.

Scenes right out of historical battles.

Unguided mission system gives the bounty hunter freedom while questing.

Character development and story choices that really matter to bounty hunter questing

Stunning armor sets, weapons, and movements.

These are just a few of the reasons why i enjoy the bounty hunter as implemented by bioware developers. Does anyone else want to share why they enjoy or dislike bounty hunter?

I totally agree with you, but I believe there are some finer points that you missed.

Final endgame content focuses on enhancing the Mercenaries' skill set

Underlying skills reflect a diverse set of abilities that generally lead to a perfect balance of skills.

Class quests follow through with emphasizing a certain play style, like tank or healer.

Killing in pvp is actually quite fun, like leaping to a foe or pulling them into firepits

Mandolorian style armor adds an awesome touch to the unique look of BH

Emphasis on a particular branch of skills isn't required... like you have to be all tank.

Rocket Jump... I love rocket jump

Crying... I do love to hear nubs cry when i own them in pvp

I totally agree with you, but I believe there are some finer points that you missed.

Underlying skills reflect a diverse set of abilities that generally lead to a perfect balance of skills.

Class quests follow through with emphasizing a certain play style, like tank or healer.

Killing in pvp is actually quite fun, like leaping to a foe or pulling them into firepits

Emphasis on a particular branch of skills isn't required... like you have to be all tank.

I see what you are saying here and i must agree with the finer points....

You seemed a little too positive and then I saw that you're confused. You said leap to a foe or pull to fire in pvp. You are talking pt not merc; this post is about mercs.. Pvp as a merc is pretty rough. We are the red headed step children. You are the chosen ones. Power tech forums are over there, homie.

Edited by crrypto

You seemed a little too positive and then I saw that you're confused. You said leap to a foe or pull to fire in pvp. You are talking pt not merc; this post is about mercs.. Pvp as a merc is pretty rough. We are the red headed step children. You are the chosen ones. Power tech forums are over there, homie.

Psst, you've forgotten to drink your Ovaltine.

a reference to little orphan annie's secret decoder ring. interesting.....

I was trying to tip people off to the secret message. I was probably a little too subtle.

Edit: and it was Ralphie's decoder ring, wasn't it?

Edited by Arzoo

1) Rockets.

At first I disliked the 1.2 changes for bodyguard mercenary, but it seems to be working just fine now. (I only pvp mind you) I'm usually the top healer in any warzone i'm in so the changes can't be all that bad. ^^

1) I enjoy a challenge.. and if people say mercenary healing is bad then I'm all for showing it's quite handy in the right hands.

2) I don't know if other healing classes have additional bufffs that up healing or what not, but I enjoy the aspect that my kolto missile will not only up my overall healing but help out the other healers do more healing.

3) I also like that supercharged gas throws a shield on players along with proactive medicine giving a 10% armor buff. Buffing players and helping "turn the tide" is always fun.

I hope in the future they expand bodyguard to be more of a buffer while keeping its current healing abilities. The current advance class types are pretty limited. You have a DD, a Tank and a Healer. No buffer/debuffer,(Unless I'm mistaken, completely possible) makes me sad. I think Mercenary Bodyguard would be best suited to become a buffer/healer.

I was trying to tip people off to the secret message. I was probably a little too subtle.

Edit: and it was Ralphie's decoder ring, wasn't it?

Ralphie sent off for the decoder ring from the little orphan Annie's radio show program i believe.

At first I disliked the 1.2 changes for bodyguard mercenary, but it seems to be working just fine now. (I only pvp mind you) I'm usually the top healer in any warzone i'm in so the changes can't be all that bad. ^^

1) I enjoy a challenge.. and if people say mercenary healing is bad then I'm all for showing it's quite handy in the right hands.

2) I don't know if other healing classes have additional bufffs that up healing or what not, but I enjoy the aspect that my kolto missile will not only up my overall healing but help out the other healers do more healing.

3) I also like that supercharged gas throws a shield on players along with proactive medicine giving a 10% armor buff. Buffing players and helping "turn the tide" is always fun.

I hope in the future they expand bodyguard to be more of a buffer while keeping its current healing abilities. The current advance class types are pretty limited. You have a DD, a Tank and a Healer. No buffer/debuffer,(Unless I'm mistaken, completely possible) makes me sad. I think Mercenary Bodyguard would be best suited to become a buffer/healer.

It has been a while since I've used the Bodyguard tree (well before 1.2). I'll have to give it another shot. Thanks for the info.