Server Transfer Question

Anosa

I don't think they've said, but I sure hope so. I want to move my Republic toon from a PVE server with a dead guild to my Empire main's PVP server, so she can join my Legacy.

I mean, why keep leveling her without the presence and gear advantages if I don't have to, right?

but did they say PVE to PVP

No they haven't exposed any details but they will allow it. (why won't they)

There are already a lot of informations on character transfer in the FAQ because of the launch of the asian servers.

There are a lot of french people who are waiting to go to the english pvp servers.

Edited by Voodh

No they haven't exposed any details but they will allow it. (why won't they)
Simply because PvE to PvP transfers are highly contested, usually by the community of PvP servers. They're very controversial. Some cite it's unfair to level a character in an easier environment, a PvE server, and move it to a more challenging environment after the fact. This is why, even if cross-ruleset transfers are permitted, they are unlikely to be offered for free; imposing an added financial transaction serves to quell the majority of those complaining on this basis.

Personally, I oppose such transfers for a different reason: I believe those who level characters on PvP servers are inherently stronger players than those who level characters on PvE servers. Leveling on a PvP server forces players to understand a character's strengths, weaknesses, and abilities to a degree far greater than is required in a PvE environment. Because they boast substandard skills, I don't think these individuals should be permitted to dilute a PvP server's community.

IMO it shouldn't matter in this game pve-pvp servers no real difference

except the odd person here and there i saw very few people on opposite faction and it was no harder to level than a pve server

IMO it shouldn't matter in this game pve-pvp servers no real difference

except the odd person here and there i saw very few people on opposite faction and it was no harder to level than a pve server

Perhaps not for you, but others are camped and stalked mercilessly by max-level characters. Your experience does not invalidate their concerns or experiences.

I can't wait until they allow server transfers. I started with my WoW guild on a couple of servers here but they are very low populated servers so finding group or just people to chat with are slim to none. I can't wait to move a few of my guys over to a more populated server ... come on BioWare ! And don't get all crazy and charge $25 like WoW does because it's not worth it. I won't transfer them.