War Hero gear bonus -question

whatthefett

Ok I had full BM gear and had the 4 piece bonus. As I bought WH gear the bonus stayed and the WH counted in the slot. Until I bought the gloves. The WH gloves didn't count and it showed BM gloves greyed out and I lost my 4 piece bonus.

Does WH have a gear bonus and does it count among other gear types I am wearing? I am sure I read that it did, although the gear tooltip continues to say BM, not WH. Or maybe the gloves no longer count? Is this a bug?

Just bugged for you. Have you logged out and back in? WH has same set bonus as the other pvp sets. Though the set bonus is on the armoring itself, so you can take that off and put it on other pieces. Unless, of course, you're talking about the crafted WH stuff -- that has no set bonus and is just an empty shell.

Just bugged for you. Have you logged out and back in? WH has same set bonus as the other pvp sets. Though the set bonus is on the armoring itself, so you can take that off and put it on other pieces. Unless, of course, you're talking about the crafted WH stuff -- that has no set bonus and is just an empty shell.

Ok, I'll check the next time I log in. Dang!

I do have a custom WH helmet with augment but it shouldn't impact the set since you can have 4 or 5 pieces.

Ok I had full BM gear and had the 4 piece bonus. As I bought WH gear the bonus stayed and the WH counted in the slot. Until I bought the gloves. The WH gloves didn't count and it showed BM gloves greyed out and I lost my 4 piece bonus.

Does WH have a gear bonus and does it count among other gear types I am wearing? I am sure I read that it did, although the gear tooltip continues to say BM, not WH. Or maybe the gloves no longer count? Is this a bug?

I had something similar happen. I had full BM, but a mixed set. I wanted the 2 set bonus of Survivor and Stalker gear. I also run as a tank assassin, but mod for DPS, So I got the Force Mystic gloves for the WP and Surge mods.

Wanting to keep my 2 set bonus I ripped out the mods and put them in my survivor gloves. The tool tip still identifies them as Battle Master Survivor gloves. But the set bonus shows them as War Hero Force Mystic gloves and I lost the bonus.

Anyone know if that is as intended or a bug?

I had something similar happen. I had full BM, but a mixed set. I wanted the 2 set bonus of Survivor and Stalker gear. I also run as a tank assassin, but mod for DPS, So I got the Force Mystic gloves for the WP and Surge mods.

Wanting to keep my 2 set bonus I ripped out the mods and put them in my survivor gloves. The tool tip still identifies them as Battle Master Survivor gloves. But the set bonus shows them as War Hero Force Mystic gloves and I lost the bonus.

Anyone know if that is as intended or a bug?

The things you need to know:

1) Crafted custom (orange) BH and War Hero gear does not give a set bonus.

2) The mods from BM gear do not carry a set bonus.

3) The Armouring mods from WH gear do carry the set bonus with them no matter what armour you put them in, but you have to put them in the same slot (ie legs into legs, gloves into gloves - etc.)

4) Orignal, purple, bought from PVP vendor BM gear keeps the set bonus on the piece of armour, even if you take the mods out.

5) Armouring mods with a set bonus will "overwrite" armour with a set bonus.

Check your gear and mods and make sure they are following the rules above. If they are right, and you're still having problems, it's probably a bug.

The common problem I see with people and the set bonus, is they will buy auged WH or BM oranges, then put their BM mods in - No set bonus.

In your case, your problem is that your WH mods have "overwritten" your BM gloves set bonus (see rule 5 above).

Edited by Altruismo

3) The Armouring mods from WH gear do carry the set bonus with them no matter what armour you put them in, but you have to put them in the same slot (ie legs into legs, gloves into gloves - etc.)

4) Orignal, purple, bought from PVP vendor BM gear keeps the set bonus on the piece of armour, even if you take the mods out.

Check your gear and mods and make sure they are following the rules above. If they are right, and you're still having problems, it's probably a bug.

The common problem I see with people and the set bonus, is they will buy auged WH or BM oranges, then put their BM mods in - No set bonus.

In your case, your problem is that your WH mods have "overwritten" your BM gloves set bonus (see rule 5 above).

Ok, so the 5 piece set bonus includes:

head, vest, legs, gloves, boots.

I have WH:

..., ..., legs, gloves, boots- un altered

I have an orange augmented HEAD piece that is BM with the original BM mods (plus new augment).

The VEST is BattleMaster.

The tooptip shows three green items available for the set pierce bonus: VEST, LEGS, and BOOTS. The other two show greyed out BM spots (even though I have WH gloves).

It sounds like I should get the the credit for a mix of 4 tier piecess. According to a post I saw in the Q&A as well it can be mixed. Right?

sometimes when changing from pve to pvp sets the tooltip upon mouse-over displays incorrect information, depending on the order in which you have equipped the gear. However the actual set bonus are never affected by the incorrectly displayed tooltip.

for example;; take your gear off and then put head on first and boots on last..... head will show tooltip of 1 green, 4grey regardless of how many you are wearing, but set bonuses should display properly..... boots should show tooltip correctly...... now log out and back in... is it the same?

Thanks for the info. I should have researched before swapping mods. I did use the WH Force Mystic armor mod in the BM Survivor gloves. I was trying to stack some WP and surge and the Force mystic gloves seemed like the best bang for the buck. I have bought a couple of pair and used the other mods other than armoring in other pieces without a problem. So I guess I just need to get the armoring mod for BM or WH Survivor gloves to get the bonus back.

sometimes when changing from pve to pvp sets the tooltip upon mouse-over displays incorrect information, depending on the order in which you have equipped the gear. However the actual set bonus are never affected by the incorrectly displayed tooltip.

for example;; take your gear off and then put head on first and boots on last..... head will show tooltip of 1 green, 4grey regardless of how many you are wearing, but set bonuses should display properly..... boots should show tooltip correctly...... now log out and back in... is it the same?

It just won't recognize the gloves. Thanks though. I opened two tickets and they were both closed for non-sensical reasons, not understanding the issue. I guess I will have to try again.

Thanks all.

Edited by whatthefett
Spell correct

Just to be clear,... if I chose to rip out the armor, mod, and enhancement from a BM set to put them into an augmented WH set,... I pay about 100k to rip out the mods,... lose my set bonus,... then when I go to buy the WH piece,... I will have to pay another 100k to rip out the mods again, put them back into the BM piece of gear before I can get my WH gear with the mods,... only to pay another 100k credits to put them back into the WH set?

100k to rip out mods from BM x 5 = 500k

100k to rip out mods from augmented WH gear x 5 (so I can buy the real WH gear from the vendor) = 500k

100k to rip out mods from the real WH gear to put it into the augmented WH gear x 5 = 500k

Total cost 1.5 million credits,... that doesn't even include the cost of the augmented WH gear

Now I get back my set bonus on the augmented WH gear set???

Edited by Coughing_Dog

Just to be clear,... if I chose to rip out the armor, mod, and enhancement from a BM set to put them into an augmented WH set,... I pay about 100k to rip out the mods,... lose my set bonus,... then when I go to buy the WH piece,... I will have to pay another 100k to rip out the mods again, put them back into the BM piece of gear before I can get my WH gear with the mods,... only to pay another 100k credits to put them back into the WH set?

100k to rip out mods from BM x 5 = 500k

100k to rip out mods from augmented WH gear x 5 (so I can buy the real WH gear from the vendor) = 500k

100k to rip out mods from the real WH gear to put it into the augmented WH gear x 5 = 500k

Total cost 1.5 million credits,... that doesn't even include the cost of the augmented WH gear

Now I get back my set bonus on the augmented WH gear set???

That seems to be the ridiculous shame of it. I guess they intended the progression:

Buy BM gear.

Buy WH gear.

Get rated WH gear.

Buy custom orange gear with augment and gut the WH.

Wait for next set.