I don’t know what to say.

FaceShindu

I don’t know what to say.

I thoroughly enjoy this game. I mean I really really do. Granted I haven’t seen every facet or experienced every class but at the moment I’m satisfied to pay my subs and discover what the game has to offer and what undoubtedly the future will bring.

This game has crazy amount of potential, to what it could be. Admittedly it could have been a lot more from the beginning but if anyone has played a MMO since launch before they will know they change more than then star or a Broadway show. This known, I’m going to reserve my overall judgement of the game until it’s at least a year old.

One of the biggest problems I’ve noticed with this game is not the content, or the bugs, or the server population or even the crazy PVP imbalance but it’s the community. I think this game has been put on a pedestal so high any kind of fall would be devastating. It’s for runners were immense, Kotor was a definitive game and I (I’m sure many others too) were hoping for a lot of the features we had there. SWG was in many many ways a much more engrossing game, you really felt like you were part of it, something I feel SWTOR is sadly lacking. Not to mention some of the very exciting new titles to be released this year (The Secret World, GW2, Terra just to mention a few). These games may be much more suited to both you and me, but we won’t know until they are here.

I guess what I’m trying to say, and not very well, is that all these things can be fixed with time. Population will grow, bugs will be fixed and content will expand but overall it’s the community that will make this game a success. If you, no we, want this game to succeed we need to stand behind it. I know people will be disgruntled play subs for an imperfect game, but that’s just what it is.. a game. Enjoy it and help it grow. I’m not saying that lots of things couldn’t be better, and with time they will be. And if they don’t there will always be another MMO to waste our best years on.

If you’re not sure what I’m getting at with this post, neither am I. I guess im just trying to gain some perspective on all the out of control QQing. This isn’t a **** at anyone (were all entitled to our opinions), it’s just a reminder to show some support for something I think the majority of us are deeply enjoying.

Kind of expecting a hail of abuse for this, seems to be the trend of this community. Either way, I’v said it, it’s out there.

It's the little things that add up to a big ball of suck. Today, it's missing matrix cubes. Last week, it was broken cover mechanics.

Any one of the issues, taken by themselves, is not game breaking or threatening. It's when you add them all together that it begins to detract from the game.

Releasing patches to fix minor bugs while introducing a whole new set of minor bugs is counter productive, and gives players the (correct) sense that this dev team are a bunch of clowns.

It's the little things that add up to a big ball of suck. Today, it's missing matrix cubes. Last week, it was broken cover mechanics.

Any one of the issues, taken by themselves, is not game breaking or threatening. It's when you add them all together that it begins to detract from the game.

Releasing patches to fix minor bugs while introducing a whole new set of minor bugs is counter productive, and gives players the (correct) sense that this dev team are a bunch of clowns.

It has nothing to do with the dev team being a bunch of clowns.

These bugs are going to be a reality until we're able to copy our characters for testing.

That is simply fact.

I personally dont feel the same in this game as i did other MMO's. Im not getting the sense of adventure or the amazing community feel. But there are parts i think are great, the story rocks.

...There just seems to be something missing, maybe im being too optimistic thinking time will solve the problems

Hello everyone,

We appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns about the game.

While we understand that people can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this, while made with good intentions, sometimes tend to draw non-constructive feedback and overly negative behavior. In the future, please create threads that encourage focused, constructive discussion and not ones which call out or criticize the community.

If you have a specific suggestion or individual piece of feedback, we encourage you to post in the Suggestion Box forum or to make a thread regarding your issue in the relevant sub-forum.

We appreciate your understanding that we've closed this thread!