Vendor "sell-back" option?

DarthManiku

• 2 weeks later...
This would be incredibly useful. My mouse has decided it wants to start double clicking when I single click recently and that can add up awfully fast. I'm not in the mood to go out and spend another $80 on a new Razer Naga either. Even if it was just on commendation gear I would be ecstatic.

I did this with the Republic chest piece on the CE vendor by accident.

All you have to do is put in a ticket. Explain the situation and they will delete the mistakenly purchased item and refund your credits.

However, they only allow you do this like 3 times in a 6 month period or something like that. I got an email after they fixed it explaining there's a cap.

Just put in a ticket.

• 3 weeks later...
I did this with the Republic chest piece on the CE vendor by accident.

All you have to do is put in a ticket. Explain the situation and they will delete the mistakenly purchased item and refund your credits.

However, they only allow you do this like 3 times in a 6 month period or something like that. I got an email after they fixed it explaining there's a cap.

Just put in a ticket.

I just did this myself, bought the wrong item by mistake using the boots token out of Hard Mode Foundry... I tried to submit 3 tickets, but none of them are showing in my list of tickets. I tried emailing customer support with the keyword "Seesaw" as indicated here and I hope it works.

Can anyone tell me if this method has been successful for them?

I just did this myself, bought the wrong item by mistake using the boots token out of Hard Mode Foundry... I tried to submit 3 tickets, but none of them are showing in my list of tickets. I tried emailing customer support with the keyword "Seesaw" as indicated here and I hope it works.

Can anyone tell me if this method has been successful for them?

I admit, at first I laughed and thought you were making a joke about "keyword: Seesaw", but now I see that it's real! Still kinda funny when I think of them like code names for special ops (Operation Hedgehog is a go... Scooby Scooby Scooby! :p ). My apologies ;)

To make this marginally on topic, I have a ticket sitting in my queue with ticket number -18446744073709551615 or something insane like that :confused:

I saw an item and could not figure out from the description what it is, and before I know it, I bought a 6000 credits item and I only had 15000....its not even an item I can use..

There is a warning for a 250 credit item replace on Armor and Weapons, but not for items that cost one third of your credits....PLEASE FIX THIS....I opened a ticket, so hopefully I'll get the credits back....my the gods of luck be on my side for once.

/Sign

make it an option you can turn off or on so the people who know how to use their mouse and don't accidentally buy stuff don't have to be bothered with a popup every time you want to purchase something from a vendor

or

how about a buy button next to the icon so you have to press that to buy (just like the buy button in the GTN) and no one will accidentally buy things again by clicking on the icon.

how about a buy button next to the icon so you have to press that to buy (just like the buy button in the GTN) and no one will accidentally buy things again by clicking on the icon.

This is the best idea. Make purchasing an item require more specific attention. I always accidentally twitch my finger and accidentally make a purchase and it is annoying. Having a "click to purchase" button would make everyone's lives easier.

I've had the same problem and it should be an easy fix. Set it up so you can sell back anything you buy for exactly what you gave for it as long as the window hasn't been closed.

I was very upset when I bought something accidentally and the sell back was just a little change =(

make it an option you can turn off or on so the people who know how to use their mouse and don't accidentally buy stuff don't have to be bothered with a popup every time you want to purchase something from a vendor

or

I'm ok with both of these, as long as there is an option to toggle. I much prefer right-clicking to buy an item than having to click on a little button specifically every time. While we're add it, let's add a quantity purchase option when a modifier key is held while right-clicking.

Your opinion.

Buyer beware - you try it, you buy it. This is no different than getting a "quote" and accidentally buying that plane ticket you never wanted under the non-refundable option.

In short, you're out 12k creds.

Actually it is hugely different. Namely, well, this is a game. There are a lot of real world headaches and nuisances that aren't modeled in the game. Real life has permadeath and income taxes. Should Bioware put them in the game?