Wish my Shadow didnt use a double bladed saber.

gabarooni

I know it's a little thing to complain about but I love my Shadow tank but I really Hate the double bladed saber. I really enjoy the classic and Iconic single bladed saber.Hopefully in the future there will be some type of customization to allow this.Unfortunatly im guessing that because they would have to change ability animations it will sadly never happen :(

Anyone else out there bugged using the double bladed saber or is it just me?

I know it's a little thing to complain about but I love my Shadow tank but I really Hate the double bladed saber. I really enjoy the classic and Iconic single bladed saber.Hopefully in the future there will be some type of customization to allow this.Unfortunatly im guessing that because they would have to change ability animations it will sadly never happen :(

I specifically rolled this class to play with a Double-Bladed saber, so, no I do not agree. :)

I guess it's for the same logic that gunslingers need two guns for the "lotsa dakka" powers, which carried over to snipers, and the logic that Mercs need two guns for their "lotsa dakka" powers, that carried over to Commandos, and all those powers that Sentinels and Marauders need two sabers for.

It makes the least sense out of all of them, but I guess that if a class has a choice between a standard and a "better" equip set, they'd give incentive for the better.

Lore wise a saberstaff is harder to counter because its rarer so it actually makes sense for shadows to use a saber. quarterstaffs are more defensive weapons and the 2 blades can easily confuse people who try to keep track of both.

By far the best solution would be for us to be able to use whatever we wanted, 2 sabers, single saber, or double-saber. Make the choice not class dependent. However, BW wants every class to be instantly recognizable.

See two sabers? You know it's a Sent/Mara.

See someone straight out of a (bad) Paris fashion show? It's a Consular. Then you look for the saber to determine AC.

Eh. On one hand, I wish all characters could choose all weapon types. On the other, I've gotten good at recognizing player classes based on weapons and stances and really haven't used class icons at all since they launched.

So I'm a little undecided on the issue.

If it was bugging me, I wouldn't have choose a shadow in the first place.

I'm a fashion addict, I'll never play a class I don't enjoy to look at. :)

Why do I feel like if I made a post about how much I like double bladed sabers on my Shadow all of the replies would have been about how much the suck and we should have single bladed ones..ah internet your a constant disapointment :D

Why do I feel like if I made a post about how much I like double bladed sabers on my Shadow all of the replies would have been about how much the suck and we should have single bladed ones..ah internet your a constant disapointment :D

'Cause you're a cynic? I dunno, seems to me like if you don't read your class description and then bemoan the fact that the class uses its class weapon, you should try another class or not nitpick so much.

They should do away with the double blades saber and let you dual wield lightsaber daggers :)

i would love this as a alternative saber. two dagger sabers both held with blades pointed towards the back omg i would love it..or even 1 short saber held up the arm like in Force Unleashed... maybe even 2 hehehe

Blame Darth Maul excellent coreography on Episode I... It's visually stunning compared to the "Kendo-like" EIV-VI shown on Icons like Darth Vader and Luke.

So it's basically to cater to different tastes on combat animations...

...Why they are locked into specific power sets is basically to restict some Iconic characters to a given class so a lore-fan can get "close enough" ingame characters to whatever SW Fantasy they like.

And why they cannot allow a given set of animations to change is because they are an integral part of the effective performance of such powers.

I think I covered all the topics more or less... And sounds even half believeable ;), my english must be improving.

Edited by ragamer

*facepalm*

Yeah I want lightaxes, lighthammers and lightmorgensterns. All dual wield of course. Because that's important.

Let's talk about this "rofl casual" stuff instead of something of higher value - Like for example what should they revamp in infiltration tree to make it valid and not easily replacable by other dps classes.

*facepalm*

Yeah I want lightaxes, lighthammers and lightmorgensterns. All dual wield of course. Because that's important.

Let's talk about this "rofl casual" stuff instead of something of higher value - Like for example what should they revamp in infiltration tree to make it valid and not easily replacable by other dps classes.

NeverRose needs an award for some of the best posts on this board.:D

There's been conversations before on the forums about the idea of having stances that utilise either 1 or 2 sides of the saber. I imagine it would be interesting to see how it would be done, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I specifically rolled this class to play with a Double-Bladed saber, so, no I do not agree. :)

+1 Even in KOTOR I always had a double bladed saber, it is just mad sexy.

Edited by Baizak