SW:ToR Welfare.

getdownsb

I believe that there are many issues with this game that span the entire spectrum from management, vision, implementation, to mechanics. However the one aspect of this game that I continually find the most frustration with is what I would like to call: SW:ToR Welfare.

I don't believe myself to be the best player ever to grace SW:ToR, however I do feel that I am one of the more competent and competitive PvP'ers on my server. That being said, my experience in this game boils down to the 4 random players that I am assigned to. In this game I am repeatedly asked to compensate for the lack of ability, skill and knowledge of 4 random players that I have no control over and no choice in regards to.

This creates a situation where the game is not about my, or my selected teams personal abilities, nor our ability to form a competitive team. Rather my experience is determined by the random assignment of players, with no qualification what so ever, to my team.

This is SW:ToR welfare. I am charged with the responsibility of compensating for the lack of capability of the random team members that are assigned to me. I have no choice in this matter.

This is the main reason behind my diminishing interest in this game.

I believe that there are many issues with this game that span the entire spectrum from management, vision, implementation, to mechanics. However the one aspect of this game that I continually find the most frustration with is what I would like to call: SW:ToR Welfare.

I don't believe myself to be the best player ever to grace SW:ToR, however I do feel that I am one of the more competent and competitive PvP'ers on my server. That being said, my experience in this game boils down to the 4 random players that I am assigned to. In this game I am repeatedly asked to compensate for the lack of ability, skill and knowledge of 4 random players that I have no control over and no choice in regards to.

This creates a situation where the game is not about my, or my selected teams personal abilities, nor our ability to form a competitive team. Rather my experience is determined by the random assignment of players, with no qualification what so ever, to my team.

This is SW:ToR welfare. I am charged with the responsibility of compensating for the lack of capability of the random team members that are assigned to me. I have no choice in this matter.

yes but that works both ways? the opposite team deals with this as well.

bottom line is this game cannot handle 8man qeue until cross server is implemented. The population on most servers just cant handle it and it would single handedly kill pvp on low pop servers.

So you simply have to wait until a future patch, whether you can wait or not is down to you of course.

yes but that works both ways? the opposite team deals with this as well.

bottom line is this game cannot handle 8man qeue until cross server is implemented. The population on most servers just cant handle it and it would single handedly kill pvp on low pop servers.

So you simply have to wait until a future patch, whether you can wait or not is down to you of course.

ie: BioWare was unable to make a game that included relevant PvP. I've been waiting, and paying, for 4 months. I've given that option the longest leash that I am willing to give.

ie: BioWare was unable to make a game that included relevant PvP. I've been waiting, and paying, for 4 months. I've given that option the longest leash that I am willing to give.

hey I can appreciate that, this game requires you to pay x amount of money each month. If you feel your not getting value for that money cos it lack certain features then yeah why should you keep paying?

at some point they will add 8man qeues (probably after they fix server population issues) but yeah if that one specific thing means you dont want to play the game until its added, fair enough

problem is with you and the other 3 in your group, not with the randoms.

I know it's hard to understand why the game didn't come out with tailored to your playstyle. Hopefully the path the devs take the game on brings ya back. Have fun wherever ya end up =D

I know it's hard to understand why the game didn't come out with tailored to your playstyle. Hopefully the path the devs take the game on brings ya back. Have fun wherever ya end up =D

Again, for an MMO, this is exactly the same as telling someone that bought a car, then found out it didn't come with breaks "we're sorry this this car isn't tailored to your driving style".

Again, for an MMO, this is exactly the same as telling someone that bought a car, then found out it didn't come with breaks "we're sorry this this car isn't tailored to your driving style".

Uh, that's a terrible analogy.

You bought a game majorly focused on PvE with PvP as an added bonus.

No car in the universe has BRAKES added as an added bonus.

If you are so high and mighty that you can't bear to play with other people, I suggest you quit gaming. You will never be happy.

This is a very rude and elitist post. You aren't going to win any sympathy with a post like this. If you were to say something like this in the work place, or right a memo like this, you would be fired on the spot.

Well I'd like to offer an opposing viewpoint: the moment Bioware introduces 8 man premdae queues, I will quit the game. (yes, I know it is coming. I'm just enjoying the game right now as it is).

Here's why:

Some element of randomness is required to make games interesting. I run with a good premade: sometimes we go for weeks without losing a single game. If premades had total control of their entire team, you'd enter the battle, and judging by the guild name on the opposing side, already know the outcome. Say you've lost to this premade 10 of the last 10 times you've fought: you'll be pretty sure you're going to lose the next one.

By introducing 4 random players to each side, you mix things up a bit. No premade can have an unlimited winning streak, simply because there is always the chance they get total noobs on their side. You'll go into battle and see, well, the enemy premade is generally better than us. But you'll put up a damn good fight, because, who knows, maybe the 4 randoms on your team are better than the 4 randoms on their team. And conversely, even though you see a weaker enemy premade on the enemy team, you can't let up the pressure - you have no idea how good their randoms are.

I cannot imagine how boring the game would become if the randomness got taken out of it: you'd see many teams enter the fight and just give up immediately, knowing they can not win against an 8 mean team they've already lost to 10 times in a row.

If you are so high and mighty that you can't bear to play with other people, I suggest you quit gaming. You will never be happy.

This is a very rude and elitist post. You aren't going to win any sympathy with a post like this. If you were to say something like this in the work place, or right a memo like this, you would be fired on the spot.

I'm fairly certain OP gets carried by the PUGs but doesn't even realize it. Good PUGs can carry bad premades sometimes, that's why really bad premades constantly lose and blame PUGs on their team. The top premades generally win all the time no matter who they're grouped up with, because they impose their will on the other team. Most PUGs are going to play off the premade, so if the premade plays very well the PUGs will easily support them.

Edited by Zoggel
IC

I may be alone but I actually like the 4 randoms you get per WZ. After time you get to meet everyone on your server. You can even offer these people advice and make them better pvpers. If anything once they are better they may end up in a WZ with you again and it will all work out better.

Also you are not really that good until you can teach someone what you know and make them better than you. This is the best way to test if you really know what you are talking about.