Galactic Trade Market is Horrible. Please Fix it.

Anubien

Galactic Trade Market Yay or Nay?

I've got to say this Galactic Trade marker AH Thing has the worst options ive ever seen for an MMO. It required fields before you can even search for a specific product what the hell? and how are players supposed to know what goes into what field before they sell it. To even test out what i mean i had a friend put a product on AH called Shadowsilk and i put it up myself, we spent 10 minutes searching every category to find it and still could not find it. We went through every proffesion category, crafting mats, misselancous and all the other categories.

How are we supposed to successfully play this game if we cant even make credits through a ****** version of auction house. it needs to have a manual search or at least put the damn CATEGORY of each product in the description of the item or its damn useless.

Im hoping someone from BW reads this and figures out a unusable Market = a useless economy where people will just vendor everything rather then spend 100000000000 hours trying to compare a product to one already on AH before they sell it because they cant find where it freakin is.

I had 3 attempts to use AH but i quit after 1 minute because of how the AH and the AH options are constructed. But this is how it is with all new things so we have to get used to it.

/sarcasm on

not that AH's in other games are much more user friendly...:rolleyes:

/sarcasm off

Edited by Endel

maybe there wasnt any up in the GTM to begin with

I said that me and my friend posted it to test it out so we definitely know for sure that it was up lol and we couldnt find it and it never sold and if owners cant see there own goods we both couldnt see each others either.. its just a horrible system

There are many good things I like about this game, however....

Wow the GTN is horrifyingly awful. TOR has one of the worst UI systems I have come across in a VERY long time. The UI designers should be ashamed! I hope they can fix this soon.

There are many good things I like about this game, however....

Wow the GTN is horrifyingly awful. TOR has one of the worst UI systems I have come across in a VERY long time. The UI designers should be ashamed! I hope they can fix this soon.

Have to agree, the UI does need a lot of polish. For example it's also quite annoying how I can't have my weapon mods window and the mods vendor window open side-by-side. Have to memorise what mods I currently have and whether the ones on vendor improve on it. Hopefully Bioware gives some of the annoyances a bit of polish in the next patch or two.

Edited by Salty_Wagyu

Have to agree, the UI does need a lot of polish. For example it's also quite annoying how I can't have my weapon mods window and the mods vendor window open side-by-side. Have to memorise what mods I currently have and whether the ones on vendor improve on it. Hopefully Bioware gives some of the annoyances a bit of polish in the next patch or two.

There is a setting to show the mod description within your item. Go to Preferences -> User Interface -> Tooltip then select Show Detailed Item Tootip

I've used it a lot and I'm getting a bit used to it...

But it is awful. The main thing that would fix it would just be to allow searching by name only without adding categories. I can only figure they've built it the way they have from a database perspective, but it's so frustrating to use that it's annoying.

And WHY can't I tab between the level requirements boxes??? I have to click on the box and put in the lower bound and then click again and put in the upper bound? My mouse hand is my 10-key hand, that's a lot of shoulder movement... and it's completely bass-ackwards. There's no reason a basic form of any sort shouldn't be navigable by the keyboard.