Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Guardian or Sent?

Pretty_Flacko

So I've decided to re-roll to Republic, because my server is dead, and i want more Queues due to the over populated imperial. I play a madness/deception assassin, and have decided to try another DPS class (because dps is my favorite). Without people saying im FOTM and blah blah, ive been debating whether to play a sent or guard for a while now. And I would like to hear if anyone has any reasons to chose one over the other. Which is more fun to play, which can deal more dps (assuming i spec dps with guardian)? Which is the most challenging but can dominate once played correctly? Which has more ccs and interrupts as well as defensive CDs? I want a challenge, but a rewarding challenge

I wouldn't define myself as a bad player once i learn the mechanics of the class. I can easily deal 300k+ dps on my assassin a warzone (even though i rarely get queued anymore). I know how and what to interrupt.

Edited by Pretty_Flacko

So I've decided to re-roll to Republic, because my server is dead, and i want more Queues due to the over populated imperial. I play a madness/deception assassin, and have decided to try another DPS class (because dps is my favorite). Without people saying im FOTM and blah blah, ive been debating whether to play a sent or guard for a while now. And I would like to hear if anyone has any reasons to chose one over the other. Which is more fun to play, which can deal more dps (assuming i spec dps with guardian)? Which is the most challenging but can dominate once played correctly? Which has more ccs and interrupts as well as defensive CDs? I want a challenge, but a rewarding challenge

I wouldn't define myself as a bad player once i learn the mechanics of the class. I can easily deal 300k+ dps on my assassin a warzone (even though i rarely get queued anymore). I know how and what to interrupt.

My guess would be that the Sent would do more DPS, being that it's an ALL DPS class. I haven't played a Jugg/Guardian before, but I recently got my Mara to lvl 40, and I must say, she puts out TONS of damage. She has quite a few defensive CDs(Cloak of Pain, Saber Ward, Force Camo, Undying Rage). She has Force Choke and Disruption for interrupts, I'm not sure what the guardian has.

Also, I've been looking to do a Beo-dur remake, gonna roll a Guardian, so if you decide, let me know the server, maybe we can lvl em together :p

Edited by Roxax

Guardian is harder to level as damage, but is more burst damage. So on OPs fights like SOA's last phase you'll do much better than Watchmen. Overall they do less damage, something that is in need of looking at if you are, in fact, specced damage, but I can live with what I have. Mostly because when it comes down to it I can do more damage than a Shadow/Assassin and not be as squishy.

I can easily deal 300k+ dps on my assassin a warzone

You hit like a nuclear bomb !

Thats a lot of damage per second :D

If you don´t mind wielding two saber instead of the iconic one -go Sentinel and don´t look back.

Edited by Sabredance

Guardian is still very much true to it's namesake, even if you are dps.

The Sentinel is much more in your face offense, as well with alot of useful abilities to keep yourself alive.. while on the other hand, Guardian does a fair bit less damage, but has alot of utility and protective abilities for others, and somewhat for you.

If you want break neck dps, go Sent. If you want a mix between support and damage, go Guardian.

You hit like a nuclear bomb !

Thats a lot of damage per second :D

If you don´t mind wielding two saber instead of the iconic one -go Sentinel and don´t look back.

300k Damage is pathetic - I feel bad when I don't break 400k

Edited by DweezillKagemand

depends on what u want.

In WZ matches guardian gets ALOT just from guard + tanking things.

That and I can jump on them, snare, and beat them down.

Nope. I wont ever be top dmg for a WZ. I'll be in the middle. BUT... with ****** gear I find if Im getting heals and the enemy is stupid enough to keep attacking me... Ill be saying to myself "Yes! I died finally. But omg I think we killed a good 12 before I fell."

Also in PVE you are tank... nuff said. You will always be in demand.... unless EVERYONE goes healer/tank. Even then it is greebly because you can spec for dps. And just use tank stance to tank:)

300k Damage is pathetic - I feel bad when I don't break 400k

Breaking more than 300k requires variables that have nothing to do with you, your gear, your skill.

If you're fighting under-geared 50s that die before you can fire off a 3rd ability - you wont see anything close to 400k

If the other team doesn't have healers keeping people standing in front of you - you wont see anything close to 400k

If you don't have healers (relative to the incoming damage) keeping you standing-you wont see anything close to 400k

After 300k, its about time-on-target and you don't influence that.

Stopping making silly boasts, because those of us that get pvp and are really good at it, won't buy it.

Edited by Sowwy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.