Whats the best augment for Vanguard assault spek?

SawKrates

Aim will boost everything, including crit, to a bit.

I've heard that Aim doesn't fall below power for usefulness until around 1600 aim, because of diminishing returns.

So, unless you are way up in Aim, it is probably a better bet to augment that early on.

I'm not a theory crafter or a high end DPS trooper, though, so take that info with a grain of salt :rolleyes:

Aim will boost everything, including crit, to a bit.

I've heard that Aim doesn't fall below power for usefulness until around 1600 aim, because of diminishing returns.

So, unless you are way up in Aim, it is probably a better bet to augment that early on.

I'm not a theory crafter or a high end DPS trooper, though, so take that info with a grain of salt :rolleyes:

cool ty for response!

Aim augments until you reach 1600

If you PvP, Crit+Surge

If you PvE, Power

You serious? 1600 aim? where did you get that stat from?

I'm at 1240 aim, and if I augemented all my slots with aim: 8 X 18 that would add another 144, which would put me at 1384, which is still way short of 1600.

I am full Bm geared with 2 war hero pieces already, not sure how I would get that missing 216 aim from

You serious? 1600 aim? where did you get that stat from?

I'm at 1240 aim, and if I augemented all my slots with aim: 8 X 18 that would add another 144, which would put me at 1384, which is still way short of 1600.

I am full Bm geared with 2 war hero pieces already, not sure how I would get that missing 216 aim from

ummm

guys I pvp with and pve with hit 1,800 on their main stat, so 1,800 aim in this case.

Stims, Data crons, Augs... Its possible.

http://imageshack.us/f/59/screenshot2012051711093.jpg/

look at my stats for a close to finished vanguard assault spec

Those are some extremely nice stats, however, I notice you only have ~92% accuracy, and I wonder if that isn't way too low for an assault build.

Assault depends heavily on HiB, which is not a tech attack and therefore has a higher chance to miss, if you miss 8% + 5% (base defence)= 13% of your HiBs on players, that is a huge loss in DPS.

It would be even way worse against tank specs that have higher defence by default (especially assassins).

But yeah, as for the OP's question, I've found Aim to be the best stat until you've stacked serious amounts of it, that basically goes for most class specific stats in general.

*note: math might be frakked, reason = alcohol, point remains

Edited by Fdzzaigl