Happy Star Wars Day Everyone!!!! (except for existing players)

DarthWoad

Why do people feel entitled to something just because a different pool of people are getting a benefit? This reflects the same attitude with the folks that didn't have a level 50 so BioWare decided to pat them on the rump as well. Be happy that you can play the game and that there exists the possibility that this deal is attracting more people to engage with. Sure an in-game reward or gift would be cool but right about now I just want bugs to be fixed, transfers to be taken care of, and people to enjoy the content.

The OP is referring to the $25 off SWTOR through the 6th. They want a lollipop as well. So take the :wea_03: and like it.

Yeah, I'm failing to see how that's "rewarding" new players; it's getting new players. There's a difference. As for rewarding old players.... isn't the single biggest complaint people are making that there aren't enough players?

They reward new players instead of EVERYONE? Why is this? We could have got an item in game in celebration of Star Wars day. Do they only care about new subs?

i also get annoyed when my phone company has special offers for new ppl that sign up and not existing members, and my cable supplier, and the electric supplier, and my etc etc

special offers for new members are hardly a new thing BW did not think of this just to alienate you

Not so much a pony, but I know that (speaking for myself at least), I'll never buy the digital upgrade package at 20, but I'd get it at 10 during this sale if it were offered. *shrug* I suspect there's more people that fall into that category than would buy the game normal price, then pay a $20 upgrade later....

The problem I saw with this promotion is that they're using Star Wars day ineffectively.

Ingame title would have solved the unbalance, not hard to do either since they have the system in place to mail title items to players.

Instead of saying "Celebrate May the 4th be with you!" and "enjoy $25 off" they really need to add in something that specify the target audience, such as "Join the SWTOR community now and Celebrate May the 4th be with you with $25 off deals on standard and DD versions on Origin!"

Clarification is needed when it comes to posting stuff like this everywhere, not through fine prints after clicking through the links.

It's the game's first May 4th encounter, and we're not seeing it being used to its maximum potential.

The problem I saw with this promotion is that they're using Star Wars day ineffectively.

Ingame title would have solved the unbalance, not hard to do either since they have the system in place to mail title items to players.

Instead of saying "Celebrate May the 4th be with you!" and "enjoy $25 off" they really need to add in something that specify the target audience, such as "Join the SWTOR community now and Celebrate May the 4th be with you with $25 off deals on standard and DD versions on Origin!"

Clarification is needed when it comes to posting stuff like this everywhere, not through fine prints after clicking through the links.

It's the game's first May 4th encounter, and we're not seeing it being used to its maximum potential.

Bioware don't understand their IP, simple as that.

There is an unacceptable amount of gamers that are entitled, detached chuckleheads. They feel that they are owed something because a game that has been out for almost 6 months goes on sale? Because of some un-official holiday? These same jackwagons voted EA as the worst company in America over financial companies that are thieving retirements from people.

Some of you folks need to log off and take on a dose of perspective.

Edited by TheBBP

There is an unacceptable amount of gamers that are entitled, detached chuckleheads. They feel that they are owed something because a game that has been out for almost 6 months goes on sale? Because of some un-official holiday? These same jackwagons voted EA as the worst company in America over financial companies that are thieving retirements from people.

Some of you folks need to log off and take on a dose of perspective.

I applaud you for the use of jackwagon in a sentence.

The obvious statement is that it will bring in new players so the OP won't be so lonely.. But yeah that isn't rewarding him.. sheesh.. so sick of self entitlement attitudes.

I really dont care if I get something or not, Im just pointing out that bioware are focusing everything on getting new subs instead of keeping existing players happy, on keeping the community together

I really dont care if I get something or not, Im just pointing out that bioware are focusing everything on getting new subs instead of keeping existing players happy, on keeping the community together

Putting a game that is nearly 6 months old on sale is BioWare focusing everything on getting new players? Right. Because there isn't a team of folks working on updating the game...

They reward new players instead of EVERYONE? Why is this? We could have got an item in game in celebration of Star Wars day. Do they only care about new subs?

I have small children who say the same sort of nonsense when one of their siblings gets something they do not. Don't worry, I'm sure Bioware still loves you, OP, but I'll give you a great big 'ole hug if it will make you feel better.;)

Putting a game that is nearly 6 months old on sale is BioWare focusing everything on getting new players? Right. Because there isn't a team of folks working on updating the game...

So the content patch a couple of weeks ago wasn't an massive update to the game?

Keep grasping...you might even find some straws.

If you are really that disappointed with the game, then act like a adult, uninstall the game and move on.

So the content patch a couple of weeks ago wasn't an massive update to the game?

Keep grasping...you might even find some straws.

If you are really that disappointed with the game, then act like a adult, uninstall the game and move on.

Thanks slugger, but the last part of my post was sarcasm.