Give Bioware a break !

rpointon

So you're saying that because the launch wasn't so great [your opinion, not mine] means that things can't get better in the future?

Please, this is the stuff that really irks me. People act like the game had to be 10000000000000% perfect on launch day or else the game was a failure.

Yeah, I kinda feel bad about new games. WoW survived to TBC and raised the bar, and new MMOs cannot be 30% complete when they come out.

Well, guess what? Feeling bad doesn't change the fact that new MMOs have to be relatively complete when they launch, or people will leave.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree fully!

I was a closed beta tester and can say beyond any doubt EAoware did NOT listen to us. For all that time I was there (and longer that I was but was told by those that were) issues like to much instancing, bordom after 50, lack of any reason to goto cantina beyond logging out, ect were brought up and ignored out right.

In 08, the first day this forum opened people asked for DAoC RVR style PVP, and EAoware ignored them.

In 08, the first day this forum opened people told EAoware to have some form of housing in place at launch, and EAoware ignored them.

When Ships were announced people cheered and said "make sure we can customize them", and EAoware ignored them.

Fact is EAoware has gotten pleanty of feedback from the people since oct 08 and has ignored everything and anything that didnt suit their design.

To be honest I dont mind that, A developer should have their game planned and figured out from the get go (or you end up like SWG making constant game changing patchs (combat, village, the other ones until finally NGE) to stop the bleeding. But when you ignore your fan base you CAN NOT then beg for feedback. YOU HAVE THE FEEDBACK ALREADY.

Give EAoware a break? I did. In beta my most common responce was "Long as this game in beta we have nothing to complain about, its beta. Give them the feedback (which many of us went to painstaking measures to do) and watch them fix the issues prior to launch.

Unfortunately the issues were not fixed and they launched.

Soon as it stopped being beta and we paying or subsciption,

EAoware lost all rights to being given a break!

Now they have to deliver. Their leeway is over and done with.

QFT!!

Well said Sir! :cool:

What is sad is that server populations are dying across the board, save a few such as fatman, and all I see is BW herp-derping the transfers/merges. Sitting on their laurels hoping things get better. While they sit around and pick their nose, I see people unsubbing left and right. Most servers are ghost towns now. So much for an "MMO".

Yeah, I kinda feel bad about new games. WoW survived to TBC and raised the bar, and new MMOs cannot be 30% complete when they come out.

Well, guess what? Feeling bad doesn't change the fact that new MMOs have to be relatively complete when they launch, or people will leave.

Very true, i think most of these hardcore fanboys are new to the mmo genre too, or atleast so casual they dont know what happens to mmos that are released half finished or lose half their subs in the first year. They never fully recover, most chug along for a couple of years barely viable with very few if any expansions and those games didnt have the overhead swtor has.

Yeah bioware is new to mmos but they shouldnt get a pass for it. theres an easy way to get around that, hire some people that ARENT.

Well i dont like it when someone just hating just to be hateful.

But the thing is.This is not some crappy consol game they have made, this is STAR WARS.

And as a paying customer and STAR WARS fab i will be hard on them when they fail to deliver

on the most basic things when it comes to the STAR WARS IP that i love.Not to mention as a PvP player

i get kicked in the face by the PvP team when they do nothing but making my gaming experience into crap.

Because they want to force the pvp community into doing their pve while lvl up.

These are the things that i as

a paying customer will raise my voice about.I mean this is a game were players cant even look like they belong

in the STAR WARS universe because the devs think they are working on wow 2.So yeah because of these things

some of us gets pretty angry at times.And what ever they try and tell you, the only thing a US company will react to,is angry customers holding back money.

The first and last phrase of entitlement. You pay $15 for access to their servers. Nothing else. You can raise your voice, sure, but $15 doesn't mean they have to listen to you, it just means you have access to their game.

Why is it always PvPers that complain the most, when their subset of any MMO's community is, if lucky, 10% of their playerbase (this seems to be some big secret among PvPers; they all seem to think their portion of the playerbase is some MMO sustaining juggernaut).

Edited by Jederix

Agree fully!

I was a closed beta tester and can say beyond any doubt EAoware did NOT listen to us. For all that time I was there (and longer that I was but was told by those that were) issues like to much instancing, bordom after 50, lack of any reason to goto cantina beyond logging out, ect were brought up and ignored out right.

In 08, the first day this forum opened people asked for DAoC RVR style PVP, and EAoware ignored them.

In 08, the first day this forum opened people told EAoware to have some form of housing in place at launch, and EAoware ignored them.

When Ships were announced people cheered and said "make sure we can customize them", and EAoware ignored them.

Fact is EAoware has gotten pleanty of feedback from the people since oct 08 and has ignored everything and anything that didnt suit their design.

To be honest I dont mind that, A developer should have their game planned and figured out from the get go (or you end up like SWG making constant game changing patchs (combat, village, the other ones until finally NGE) to stop the bleeding. But when you ignore your fan base you CAN NOT then beg for feedback. YOU HAVE THE FEEDBACK ALREADY.

Give EAoware a break? I did. In beta my most common responce was "Long as this game in beta we have nothing to complain about, its beta. Give them the feedback (which many of us went to painstaking measures to do) and watch them fix the issues prior to launch.

Unfortunately the issues were not fixed and they launched.

Soon as it stopped being beta and we paying or subsciption,

EAoware lost all rights to being given a break!

Now they have to deliver. Their leeway is over and done with.

You make the mistake believing the things you requested (and maybe some others) are what MOST people want. Its ok though, its a common mistake people make.

Edited by Arkerus

Very true, i think most of these hardcore fanboys are new to the mmo genre too, or atleast so casual they dont know what happens to mmos that are released half finished or lose half their subs in the first year. They never fully recover, most chug along for a couple of years barely viable with very few if any expansions and those games didnt have the overhead swtor has.

Yeah bioware is new to mmos but they shouldnt get a pass for it. theres an easy way to get around that, hire some people that ARENT.

Remember this the next time you start a new job. Hey, you may be new here, but that's no excuse for making a mistake. You're fired.

Sounds unreasonable, right? (And don't come back at me with that "I pay $15 a month" garbage because $15 lets you play on their servers, it doesn't let you get to be a developer)

Remember this the next time you start a new job. Hey, you may be new here, but that's no excuse for making a mistake. You're fired.

Sounds unreasonable, right? (And don't come back at me with that "I pay $15 a month" garbage because $15 lets you play on their servers, it doesn't let you get to be a developer)

Give me a break, youre comparing one employee to a huge team?

How about this analogy, you hire my team of 50 people to do something we have never done before, how stupid would i have to be not to hire some new people that have experience in the job you want to hire me for?

Atleast try to have a good arguement to back up your blind faith.

You make the mistake believing the things you requested (and maybe some others) are what MOST people want. Its ok though, its a common mistake people make.

He was quoting on the state of feedback from BW in beta is the same as it is today ...

...same as it every was .... same as it every was ....

... Letting the devs goe by ...

you do realize this is a public forum, on the Internet, right? are you new here? BW could invent a pill that cures cancer AND makes perfect toast, and people would still find something to complain about, at great length and volume. that's what the Innerwebz are for.

I nominate this as the official Constitution of the Interwebz

Why should they be given a break?

First off, they are all adults. They know that the vast majority of the MMO fanbase is comprised of selfish, angry, borderline-illiterate fools. Do you really think all the stupid, unthoughtful crap that gets posted here bothers them one bit? The abrasive troll community of gaming is also the laughing stock of the internet. I have news for all you seething forum posters...no one cares and no one takes you seriously. I would bet good money that many Bioware employees laugh themselves to tears on a daily basis reading all of the subjective hatred heaped on these forums.

Second, we give them money, not sympathy. They need to use that money to make us a better game. It won't happen overnight, but try to have a little faith. Bioware doesn't need a shoulder to cry on, they just need some time to do their job.

might wanna read again!

Didnt do what your accusing me off in the least!

Its ok though, its a common excuse people on the pro side make.

Cant debate whats said, change the meaning and try to throw that back at them.

you do realize this is a public forum, on the Internet, right? are you new here? BW could invent a pill that cures cancer AND makes perfect toast, and people would still find something to complain about, at great length and volume. that's what the Innerwebz are for.

Unfortunately people just deliberately troll for the lulz. Even though Bioware just made the GOTY people are finding ways to complain about things that aren't even in the game! Some people even go as far as to say their launchers won't even start up! FALSE, FALSE FALSE FALSE. I've never experienced such a problem and Bioware has not announced the possibility of such a problem either. The game has no issues at all. This game is flawless and just its existance in the gaming industry is helping cure cancer around the world.

The Entitlement age! Everyone want's everything now! The game hasn't even been out for a year yet! No one want's to play and watch a game grow into something more awesome, and always making comparison's to World of Warcraft that's been out for almost a decade. Star Wars: The Old Republic rules!!

I'll give BioWare a break when they start taking **** seriously and stop being stupid. They already managed to turn players against them for *********** up ME3, SWTOR is turning out to do the same thing.

I went through WoW's baby age and I have no intention of going through that crap again. SWTOR is lacking 2 features; server transfers and improved LFG tool. The only addition to that is server merges. If they do those 3, VERY basic things, then they will be golden. The reason all the people I know quit, is for those exact reasons; too few players spread out over too many servers, leading to server transfers being mandatory, leading to people not finding groups. Add that to the Entitlement age of shiny lewtz (follow them or get left in the dust) and you have a dead game.

BioWare have the people, knowledge, funds and resources to make these things happen. They are just horrible at managing things and dedicating enough resources to the important parts.

SWTOR is absolutely amazing, there are the features outside the game that is going to kill it.

Edited by Senatsu

IMPORTANT: BIOWARE MAY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS TO BALANCE GAME PLAY AND USAGE OF TOR SERVICES. THESE CHANGES OR "RESETS" MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS OR GAMES OR GROUPS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE RELEVANT GAME WORLD. BIOWARE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE THESE CHANGES AND IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR THESE CHANGES.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/termsofservice

Nothing surprises me anymore in mmo forums. I've even seen very serious death threats. It's just sad what some people write when they have that "anonymity pass".

If we (forum posters) were all together in the same room, right now, the things we'd say to each other would be so different. Some wouldn't even talk at all!

That's not true. I'd still tell them how much they suck at communicating. It would actually be more preferable. Because then they would understand that ALL OF US are very passionate about this game and only want it to get better. If they can't handle the heat get the "F" out of the kitchen. Game development is not for the weak hearted and/or thin skinned. Especially an alleged "AAA MMO".

IMPORTANT: BIOWARE MAY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS TO BALANCE GAME PLAY AND USAGE OF TOR SERVICES. THESE CHANGES OR "RESETS" MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS OR GAMES OR GROUPS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE RELEVANT GAME WORLD. BIOWARE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE THESE CHANGES AND IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR THESE CHANGES.

Congratulations, you know how to search the interwebs.

You figured this out now? Every MMO to ever exist has this in their TOS. It works as a safety net in case some developer/manager/anyone with any control ****s something up and a rollback is the only way to fix it.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content

We understand you are a fan of TOR, so are WE !

Yet with the things that are wrong and that have been stated 1000's of times.....errr

We get no reply from the CM or any one of the mods on the issue being brought up.

They close/move lock threads with out a SIMPLE reply...sad.

Servers are dead, for the most part save a few. No Merge until some time in the summer.

Are we supposed to play on dead servers and pay a monthly fee until they decide how and when to merge?

If you think so then please send me $15.00 per month until I create a kewl game!

If you say, just re-roll, you are not thinking clear. Re-roll is NOT an option!

Why do we have to re-roll and start over on a server like say Fatman just to be able to play the game we pay for?

This is an MMO is it not? It is NOT and single player game. Withe the server population as it is now it feels like one for sure.

I like the game I really do and have no issue paying for it. I just do NOT want to play alone, if I did I would go play a single player game.